What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Storm

SBD82

Coach
Either I’m completely blind and couldn’t find it, or it’s f**king hilarious that we’ve reached Monday night and don’t have a game thread for this weekend yet.

Has everyone lubed up?

thebigredv

First Grade
Thought Lawrie and Vaughan really aimed up on Sunday. Another strong performance from these two will go some way to keeping us from being blown away. Their replacements better be training the house down right now if they want to stay in first grade. This game could be career defining.

getsmarty

Immortal
2021-r10_preview_7-storm-v-dragons.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Storm v Dragons: Paps due back; Twist in twins' fairytale
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 10 May 2021, 05:01 PM
Share on social media
The Storm head to Magic Round coming off one of the best performances by any team this year while the Dragons snapped a three-game losing run against the last-placed Bulldogs.

Winger Josh Addo-Carr made history and stole the headlines with his record-breaking six-try haul against the Bunnies in a 50-0 thrashing in round nine, in part overshadowing what was a wonderful all-round team performance.

Having lost three on the bounce since their impressive round six win against the Eels, the Dragons just needed to win against Canterbury and they were able to do that courtesy of a strong second half.

However it will be a big step up in class against the high-flying Storm, who dominated the only previous iteration of Magic Round with a 64-10 demolition of the Eels in 2019.

Match: Storm v Dragons

Round 10 - Sunday 16th May

4:05pm

Home Team

Storm

3rd Position

Away Team

Dragons

6th Position

Venue: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Match broadcasters:

• Nine Network
  • Kayo
  • Foxtel
Buy Tickets
The rundown
Team news
Storm: Already red-hot Melbourne are poised to receive a boost that could be considered almost unfair with brilliant fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen expected back from injury this week. If available he will reclaim the No.1 jumper from Nicho Hynes, who would drop out of the 13.

Hooker Brandon Smith will miss the Magic Round clash with the Dragons after taking an early guilty plea for a shoulder charge.

Dragons: Winger Mat Feagai will be monitored after a high-ankle sprain cut his NRL debut short by 10 minutes on the weekend and put him on crutches for post-game interviews.

Feagai and twin brother Max are already under pressure to hold their place with Mikaele Ravalawa (suspension), Cody Ramsey (ribs) and Brayden Wiliame (calf) all pencilled in for round 10 returns.

Match: Storm v Dragons

Round 10 - Sunday 16th May

4:05pm

Home Team

Storm

Away Team

Dragons

Venue: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Last updated: 10:22 pm Monday 10th May 2021

Key match-up
Jahrome Hughes v Ben Hunt: Hughes has been one of the form players of the NRL this year as well as being one of its most improved, stepping up admirably since the retirement of Cam Smith to help guide his team around. Dragons skipper Hunt has also been impressive and was badly missed while sidelined with a leg injury; he will need to replicate what he produced early in the year if the Dragons are to forge an upset here.

Stat attack
In the past five meetings between these teams, there has been on average 59.6 points scored per game with each team scoring at least 14 points in each clash.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/10/storm-v-dragons-paps-due-back-twist-in-twins-fairytale/

getsmarty, Yesterday at 10:25 PM Edit Report
#1 Reply

Dragon David

First Grade
A loss is on the cards but hopefully by not too much so that our for and against doesn't drop too far and we lose our position on the ladder.

We beat them last year, albeit against their reserve grade, with Papps playing who was off with his gaol kicking. Play for the 80 minutes with power and cunning and keep an eye out all game for their danger men. Our attack must be fine tuned for us to score several tries at least so that we can defend the points.

Go you mighty Dragons.

Maddragon99

Juniors
The score line on Sunday could potentially get ugly but then again it’s being played at a neutral venue & we don’t have anything to lose. Storm by 20

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Seems to me we could potentially turn up here and with nothing to lose sure Melbourne beat the bunnies reserve grade last week .I know it's probably mission impossible but I can see our boys playing big boy football .let's give it to the purple scum UP THE BIG RED VVV

denis preston

First Grade
Cant see any positives here. They should lap us twice which wont help F&A and most importantly confidence. Never been so pessimistic about our chances in a game. Best result is to hold them close and some of ours show some form reversal , and of course no injuries. First 15 to 20 minutes vital. i will still watch at this potential train wreck and who knows , sport being sport , stranger upsets have happened ( but not many ! ) .

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'm hoping Ben Hunt takes control of the game, gees up the forwards, kicks away from their fullback, and makes Melbourne work hard. He used to do that for the Bonco's, he can do it for us. I still expect Melbourne to win, but if we make them work hard for the win I would be satisfied.

Will need a full 80 minute effort. Do the boys have it in them?

Como Connection

First Grade
I'm hoping Ben Hunt takes control of the game, gees up the forwards, kicks away from their fullback, and makes Melbourne work hard. He used to do that for the Bonco's, he can do it for us. I still expect Melbourne to win, but if we make them work hard for the win I would be satisfied.

Will need a full 80 minute effort. Do the boys have it in them?
I'll be in a Qantas plane on route to Darwin, I hope they show NRL.
CC

FlameThrower

Bench
Not at all confident and expecting a sizeable loss. We may start ok for the first 15-20 minutes then may fold. I can see countless 6 again penalties and we’ll be tackling into the ground.
We just don’t have the firepower to match them. The only hope is that Bellamy decided to rest some players.
Suggest all sharp objects are stored away during the telecast for us Dragons fans...

possm

Coach
With Ravalawa back I expect Max Feagai to move to right centre or maybe even left centre if Bird is moved to the right edge. Whatever the case, I expect a solid with for the Dragaons.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It will be an interesting team list today, with Rava and possibly both Ramsey and Williame being available.

I doubt our young brigade will get a look in for this round ie Max and Junior.

1. Dufty
2. Rava
3. Burns
4. Bird
5. Ramsey*
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca (geez his passing is shite)
10. Vaughan
11. Fuimaono
12. Sims