What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 team

Phantom V

Juniors
yes, Hook said they needed some one fresh in the middle and Hunt was making to many tackles. The worst display of coaching I have ever
How about kicking early and trying to play in the opposition half as often as possible? How about trying something/anything different? FFS we are so predictable opposition teams already our game plan when we run onto the field.
Here’s the thing. I like many on this this forum was excited by the signing of Ben Hunt way back when, thinking here was a player we could build a team around and achieve some level of success. I’ve since come to the realisation that he is one of the worst halves in the comp in game management.
Just look at the top halves and how they are able to build pressure and gain repeat sets and consequently not have to use up fuel in having to defend all the time. Our halfbacks only play is to put up a Hail Mary and hope for the best. The in goal grubber is not in his play book. We don’t have the cattle to win a game with 50 % possession let alone 30 or 40% which is probably where we are at. It’s blatantly obvious that under this coach he can do whatever he wants which is to the detriment of the team. I’m not laying it all on him as there’s probably only a handful I would keep out of this lot but this dick head coach has been playing favourites for too long and I’m over it, big time!!!

since77

Juniors
I’ve since come to the realisation that he is one of the worst halves in the comp in game management.
Yep. Hunt will always be known for dropping that kickoff in the GF vs Cowboys but it was his passive second half game management that kept the Cowboys in that game. I’d instantly swap Hunt for any of the better game managers without a second thought.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Here’s the thing. I like many on this this forum was excited by the signing of Ben Hunt way back when, thinking here was a player we could build a team around and achieve some level of success. I’ve since come to the realisation that he is one of the worst halves in the comp in game management.
Just look at the top halves and how they are able to build pressure and gain repeat sets and consequently not have to use up fuel in having to defend all the time. Our halfbacks only play is to put up a Hail Mary and hope for the best. The in goal grubber is not in his play book. We don’t have the cattle to win a game with 50 % possession let alone 30 or 40% which is probably where we are at. It’s blatantly obvious that under this coach he can do whatever he wants which is to the detriment of the team. I’m not laying it all on him as there’s probably only a handful I would keep out of this lot but this dick head coach has been playing favourites for too long and I’m over it, big time!!!
I've always been of the opinion that Hunts salary is way inflated when it comes to his performances on the field for us....yes he tries his guts out and theres no doubting his defence and courage when he plays.....he stands out amongst our roster at times because imo we are that bad across the park......imo on most occassions his options just dont cut the mustard in particular the clutch moments when we need something special to ice the cake so to speak....I don't believe he leads the team that well and it appears our younger players havnt developed their role further whilst hes out in the middle....now this is probably not entirely his fault as its most likely a combination from poor coaching as well as lack of leadership on the field ......getting back to salaries I wonder if there's growing discontenment amongst the playing group when Hunts salary is proportionately more than most players in the team...if a team is doing well then it would be expected that those players on much lower salaries can and would seek contract extension and upgrades in pay from the club......but when your team is performing poorly as ours has over several years and is now languishing at the bottom of the table then it would be reasonable to assume that they would think Mmmm one bloke is getting big bickies and some of us (not all) arnt and yet we still cant make the semis..........just my opinion

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Sorry I did not watch the presser but did Hunt or Hook at least bring up the sinbin?
What a shocker of a game. It started with some promise as we saw Hunt at 9 and Sulli at 7. Hunt sets up JDB for a try which was exactly what we are expecting from Hunt at 9. I thought here we go, Hook has finally caved in and will actually field a strong spine. Then the sin bin happened and it went to poo. The ref I feel did Hook and Hunt a favour as they used that as a reason to move Hunt to 7 and Mbye to 9.

Both centres were atrocious. Suli worse. How can he get picked ahead of Lomax is beyond me. Sick of seeing Blake LAwrie in the backround when there is a break. The guy is unfit. Look at the guts on him and Bird. compared to other fowards in the comp.

The last 60 mins of the game summed up Hook's Saints career. Totally unorganised with poor team selections.

Halser would have had the ref on a plate after that game with that sin binning call that is for sure. Has Annesley even come out to explain himself? Why wasn't Drinkwater sin binned for a profesional foul? I really hope the next HC has the balls to stand up to poor ref decisions and not just use them as excuses to play dull footy and get away with poor results.

RedVee_8

Juniors
A minor qualifier: I think there was a heavy head clash in that tackle before the Cowboy‘s try that went unnoticed.

Overall, the game was utter rubbish though. Best I can suggest is that Sullivan, Liddle and Lomax can take solace in the fact that Hook’s brainless biases have been well and truly exposed.
On the ref?

slippery5

Juniors
Sorry I did not watch the presser but did Hunt or Hook at least bring up the sinbin?
What a shocker of a game. It started with some promise as we saw Hunt at 9 and Sulli at 7. Hunt sets up JDB for a try which was exactly what we are expecting from Hunt at 9. I thought here we go, Hook has finally caved in and will actually field a strong spine. Then the sin bin happened and it went to poo. The ref I feel did Hook and Hunt a favour as they used that as a reason to move Hunt to 7 and Mbye to 9.

Both centres were atrocious. Suli worse. How can he get picked ahead of Lomax is beyond me. Sick of seeing Blake LAwrie in the backround when there is a break. The guy is unfit. Look at the guts on him and Bird. compared to other fowards in the comp.

The last 60 mins of the game summed up Hook's Saints career. Totally unorganised with poor team selections.

Halser would have had the ref on a plate after that game with that sin binning call that is for sure. Has Annesley even come out to explain himself? Why wasn't Drinkwater sin binned for a profesional foul? I really hope the next HC has the balls to stand up to poor ref decisions and not just use them as excuses to play dull footy and get away with poor results.
Probably had been instructed to add weight just like Kerr was told last year, even though he was going to play him on the edge??? Much to Kerr's suprise.

Kolum Kid

Juniors

Agree about the centres. Would also add the wingers. One has to wonder what they practice at training. The number of times Rava, suli, ant mat feigai rushed out of the line and then missed the tackle lef

Latest posts