What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V Roosters

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s all rather surreal, the team keeps getting the job done, rather convincingly, but some seem to find fault with this player or that player. Liam Martin is the one under the pump currently so it seems, I think he has been performing pretty well overall and will deserve his spot again in the Blues 17.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It’s all rather surreal, the team keeps getting the job done, rather convincingly, but some seem to find fault with this player or that player. Liam Martin is the one under the pump currently so it seems, I think he has been performing pretty well overall and will deserve his spot again in the Blues 17.

I totally agree.

Frustrating to see stats misused as a way to prove their point.

Games and players should be looked at holestically.

Liam Martin had 2 errors along with Kiks. One is called out, the other left alone.

that is just one example.

Pulling apart stats in such a way, only tells a fraction of the story. It's like someone else said. Basically whether players had good games on not, based on their supercoach scores, is shallow and flawed.

Absolutely. But regular season losses still hurt, and as it stands your team is the one hurting so suck that up.
Not really did Robbo look upset at the press conference - just disappointed that they handed the game to your side with a poor end to the first half.

How will your team handle SOO this time around - certainly were not the same side post origin and quite lucky to win several of those finals matches - Parra semi final game and the GF vs the Vermin

Kilkenny

Coach
I totally agree.

Frustrating to see stats misused as a way to prove their point.

Games and players should be looked at holestically.

Liam Martin had 2 errors along with Kiks. One is called out, the other left alone.

that is just one example.

Pulling apart stats in such a way, only tells a fraction of the story. It's like someone else said. Basically whether players had good games on not, based on their supercoach scores, is shallow and flawed.
I’ve never been a stats based fan, watch the games, make calls based on what I see without deferring to this in depth statistical analysis. I’m not saying I don’t enjoy perusing the stats, I do, but more of a cursory glance than anything else. I think Liam Martin is playing really well. I have no issues with him other than to say if his manager is able to find a club who are prepared to pay him $750k a season then we will have to farewell Liam because we can’t and shouldn’t be offering that sort of money. $550-$600k maximum Which is more than the Eels Ryan Matterson earns and he in my opinion is a very fine player in the same position.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not really did Robbo look upset at the press conference - just disappointed that they handed the game to your side with a poor end to the first half.

How will your team handle SOO this time around - certainly were not the same side post origin and quite lucky to win several of those finals matches - Parra semi final game and the GF vs the Vermin
Again I don’t disagree. Our side were busted post origin last season but against all odds we won the premiership .

I understand the pain you must be feeling, it must be difficult for you to be so inferior to our team over this past two and a half seasons.

Trent can out whatever spin he likes around his sides loss but we won comfortably and we kinda put the cue in the rack once the outcome was no longer in doubt. Roosters gave everything they had for 80 minutes while we really only performed at 80% of what we were capable off. We had another gear just didn’t need to use it.

As you rightly point out competitions aren't won in May. Lot of footy to be played.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven’t watched the full replay, or highlights, but I thought in difficult conditions, against a side who gave it there all,
there was a lot to like about our win.

Yes we took our foot of the pedal after the JFH try, JWH going to the bin, but it’s difficult to remain totally focussed under such circumstances. The fans want and expect more points, understandably, but it really was a clinical performance Which once we got to the front was never in doubt. I really liked our 20 minutes of the second half where the roosters had all the ball, all the field position but never really looked like scoring given our defence was just so good. That is what premierships are built on, it was outstanding.

Iamback

Coach
Martin wasn’t great last night but tbh I haven’t noticed him being too far off what he was last year.

In saying that, smugs man Salmon should’ve been on his edge from the 50 minute mark. Or even swap Kiks over to the right and give John West a run on the left to get his confidence up.

The limited minutes he’s currently playing can’t be beneficial for when he’s actually needed.

He hasn't been far off - maybe so but the right hasn't looked any better in attack or defence

Kilkenny

Coach
Right side - Left side I don’t know I just tend to focus on the performance and result.

32-12 away from home in dire conditions, forgive me but I don’t see too many negatives to dwell on.

WestyLife

First Grade
I haven’t watched the full replay, or highlights, but I thought in difficult conditions, against a side who gave it there all,
there was a lot to like about our win.

Yes we took our foot of the pedal after the JFH try, JWH going to the bin, but it’s difficult to remain totally focussed under such circumstances. The fans want and expect more points, understandably, but it really was a clinical performance Which once we got to the front was never in doubt. I really liked our 20 minutes of the second half where the roosters had all the ball, all the field position but never really looked like scoring given our defence was just so good. That is what premierships are built on, it was outstanding.

If I had to pick a favourite moment it would be Critta hitting the ball dead when other teams would try and retain possession. That absolute faith in the defence is such a beautiful little detail.