What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Sharks

jeffdragon

Bench
O
I thought we tried hard but made too many simple errors. I also thought we were quite unlucky- the bounce just didn’t go our way. But most of all I think we were absolutely rorted by the officials. So inconsistent, they should have had two send offs, and an extra in the bin. Anyway we still should have won if we just hung onto the ball.
One week it's a send off
Dugan should have been sent off.
Flush on the nose.

I’ve resisted posting drunk for nearly ten years I reckon but tonight hurt. There’s no justice. We didn’t deserve to lose that. I guess age has caught up with me because I took a philosophical view a lot quicker than I would have thought for how I chewed my nails down during the game. Im proud of this team for how they tried and keep fighting. Was great to see ‘Little To’o’ score two tries. Otherwise yeah .... no justice and FFS take the field goal attempt despite the misses. Golden point and Saints :shrug:♂️

Maddragon99

Juniors
I was out so missed the game. I looked at the scores on my phone and we were ahead 10-6 and I thought you beauty and left it at that and on the way out of the restaurant I saw Norman kick for a penalty goal which I think tied the game but I didnt know that as I was hoping he was adding 2 points to get us further ahead but not so when I see that the Sharks win 13-12. What a bummer and with more concerns with the players on report and injuries/concussions.

I think we tried very hard but that didn't get us home and Josh Hannay wins his first game and its against us wouldn't you know it.

Next week will be even tougher now so we will continue to slide down the ladder so hope that we get some wins when the other players come back but who knows there could be much more out with these new rules it's crazy. We definitely need JDB.

Looking at some of the posts on the Forum I see that our halves had poor games, mainly Norman. He missed 2 conversions which would have been enough for us to win had he kicked them.

It is going to be tough against the Tigers next week.
There were some positives there tonight but it’ll take me a day or so to talk about them. I’m so bitter about the lose. Norman cost us a great victory.

jeffdragon

Bench
I’ve resisted posting drunk for nearly ten years I reckon but tonight hurt. There’s no justice. We didn’t deserve to lose that. I guess age has caught up with me because I took a philosophical view a lot quicker than I would have thought for how I chewed my nails down during the game. Im proud of this team for how they tried and keep fighting. Was great to see ‘Little To’o’ score two tries. Otherwise yeah .... no justice and FFS take the field goal attempt despite the misses. Golden point and Saints :shrug:♂️
Agree sucks big time
Rather get beaten by a big score.

matPORTS

Juniors
Sigh !

We were gutsy, and will need to continue being gutsy over the next month with the injury and suspension lists both growing. Can't fault our effort at all.

We have to be realistic. We aren't going to finish any higher than those bottom three spots in the top 8 and be a sitting duck should we make it to week two of the finals anyway. We need to be thinking about the future - and hopefully this difficult period gives opportunity to the up and comers. Now is definitely the time to be blooding players.

Despite only a short amount of time on the field tonight, I am looking forward to seeing how Jaiyden Hunt continues to develop. Additionally, Billy Burns is also a good pick up.

When Dufty returns from injury, he should be at six and Norman out (happy to have Clune on the bench or at least as 18th man in case things do fail).

Team for Week 12 vs. Tigers (assuming concussion protocols don't come into play):

1. Ramsay
2. Pereira
3. Bird
4. Amone
5. Max Feagai
6. Clune
7. Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. Faamausili

14. Ellis
15. Kerr
16. J Hunt
17. Ford

18. Alvaro
19. Norman

Future Team (assuming full strength - there may be some selection headaches once we get past this):

1. Ramsay
2. Pereira
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Dufty
7. Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Burns
12. Sims
13. Fuimaono

14. McGuire
15. Kerr
16. de Belin
17. Clune

18. Faamausili
19. J Hunt
20. Alvaro
21. Ford
22. Ellis
23. Max Feagai
24. Matt Feagai
25. Norman
26. Williame
27. Amone
etc etc etc

Ted bartolo

Juniors
@
Dufty
Norman
Pereira
Ellis

All off contract at season's end. See you later, have a nice day.

Hunt is no Captain and like Widdop, does not know how to close out a game. Fancy running to the blind side on the last tackle and then not backing it up with good defence. Should have given the ball to Bird to take the shot.

If another Club wants Hunt I would be happy to see the back of him.

I'm so angry with the way this game went tonight. Our only two standouts went of injured; Ramsey and Feagai. They and their young mates are our future.
I think Duffy should be given a go at 5/8.if not Sullivan.

blacksafake

First Grade
I can’t see anyone getting suspended from that game
Fines sufficient they were pure accident and little impact
You’d hope not but I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose one knowing our luck. Dugan should be gone & possibly could have been sent. Hiroti? will be suspended,Swinging arm to the head with closed fist from behind.

If tonight proves anything it proves that the NRL is not fair dinkum. Despite six losses on the trot , the Scum are favourites and - whaddya know?! - they win in golden point. Fui gets sent off and the book thrown at him by the judiciary for a marginal tackle on Papenhuizen while Dugan and Hiroti escape with just 10 minutes for dogshots on Ramsey and Burns, with Ramsey ruled out of the game thereby robbing us of one of our main attacking weapons. Maybe it's just Channel 9's bad camera work but it looked to me like the Scum were offside all night, too.
But FFS, why did we not go for the field goal instead of running it on the last tackle?! Absolutely unforgivable stupidity, especially after two absolutely crucial chargedowns by Andrew McCullough to keep us in the game.
I'm torn - I love St George, but I loathe the NRL and almost everything that goes with it.

jeffdragon

Bench
If tonight proves anything it proves that the NRL is not fair dinkum. Despite six losses on the trot , the Scum are favourites and - whaddya know?! - they win in golden point. Fui gets sent off and the book thrown at him by the judiciary for a marginal tackle on Papenhuizen while Dugan and Hiroti escape with just 10 minutes for dogshots on Ramsey and Burns, with Ramsey ruled out of the game thereby robbing us of one of our main attacking weapons. Maybe it's just Channel 9's bad camera work but it looked to me like the Scum were offside all night, too.
But FFS, why did we not go for the field goal instead of running it on the last tackle?! Absolutely unforgivable stupidity, especially after two absolutely crucial chargedowns by Andrew McCullough to keep us in the game.
I'm torn - I love St George, but I loathe the NRL and almost everything that goes with it.
Honestly I loath the dragons when we lose like that.

thebigredv

First Grade
If tonight proves anything it proves that the NRL is not fair dinkum. Fui gets sent off and the book thrown at him by the judiciary for a marginal tackle on Papenhuizen while Dugan and Hiroti escape with just 10 minutes for dogshots on Ramsey and Burns, with Ramsey ruled out of the game thereby robbing us of one of our main attacking weapons. Maybe it's just Channel 9's bad camera work but it looked to me like the Scum were offside all night, too.

The Aussie rules looks better and better every week.

At worst there is flagrant bias in the system and at best it is a lottery.

I can't remember the last time we finished a game with anything that resembled our starting line up. Injuries, HIAs, send offs , sin bins and the game is a shadow of its former self. Might be an entertaining spectacle for the impartial onlooker but when you love your club and you can't even find enough players to make a team, there's trouble of all sorts.

We are at a crossroads as a sport.

Wittenberg

Juniors
As Jeffdragon said the lost points hurt the most but the side deserved more tonight. I understand the disappointment but we had at least 9 players out who could have been part of our side tonight. We only had 46% of the possession and lost three players to injury during the game. Yet we should, or at least, could have won. So l find descriptions such as our team being “dumb” and “hopeless” over the top. Kerr falling off the tackle on the winger ultimately set it up for the Sharks but apart from his constant poor handling, he played ok. Billy Burns had his best game while Ford tried hard but has developed into a plodder. Norman? Did a few good things but couldn’t land the killer blow. He might not be worth the money he is on, and he frustrates the hell out of me, but Clune is not the answer. Clune should be in the 17 but certainly not a game winner. While Ramsey did some good things, we missed Dufty. Nevertheless it was good to see some of our future players stand up to the occasion. Amone missed a tackle that led to a try but he handled everything else thrown at him. A very gutsy effort from our team but the loss of those points might be crucial.

BLM01

First Grade

All good points but one thing I am not torn about
I see a big improved culture in a competetive team
We have just got to tidy up a few loose ends in personnel and build on our game in attack with some more speed, depth and precision and winning field position..which we invariably dont
I am gutted after that loss and was screaming at the stupid errors and missed opportunities..but I see a change in attitude and it gives me hope each and every week.

We need to improve some of our focus in defence. It was allowing Woods to roll on and get a 11th hour offload that led to a goal line dropout then the try soon after that broke our back. 12-10 down.
And in the 84th minute when they went wide after going nowhere we were too tired to cover. Big moments that we have to earn back and then ice them

Maddragon99

Juniors
@
I think Duffy should be given a go at 5/8.if not Sullivan.
Even in 40mins Ramsey showed the potential we’ve all been hoping for. Safe as houses under the high ball & returning the ball with gusto. He had little chance to show much enterprise in attack but I’ve already seen enough to see he’s our long term Fullback. Max Feagai was great on the wing & Amone didn’t let anyone down.

Kids weren’t the problem, forwards stood up it was Norman that cost us a great victory.