What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V the Tigers

Only you would see an injury to our Captain as “Fantastic News”.

It sucks for Wal.

It’s good for the team.

Wallace has been immense this past few years, but it’s time to move on.

We have hooker covered with two guys who are both more than capable starters, and both better than Wallace right now.

Only issue is we need them both until one can play 80, but Wallace isn’t really playing 80 anymore either.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I’m more than happy to see the two young blokes getting a run, but I’d rather see Wallace given a week or two off to freshen up before the Origin period.

Not injured in the weeks leading up to it.

We are going to need his experienced head during that time.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m more than happy to see the two young blokes getting a run, but I’d rather see Wallace given a week or two off to freshen up before the Origin period.

Not injured in the weeks leading up to it.

We are going to need his experienced head during that time.

I don't think we win the comp if Wallace plays a full game but an extra kicker and defence early in the game is important too

Kilkenny

Coach
Happy to see Katoa & Egan getting more time to show what they can do, but it's more disruption to our spine which is not ideal. Wallace is obviously busted up so for his sake needs to take however many weeks are necessary to get himself as well as possible.

tripster

Juniors
May and Lui-Toso drop out.

Any idea why Maloney is retaining the kicking duties? Perhaps Cleary is a bit out of practice due to his knee (or it is to avoid taking any risks with the knee). It doesn’t make much sense otherwise, as Cleary kicks at a higher percentage.

OldPanther

Coach
Any idea why Maloney is retaining the kicking duties? Perhaps Cleary is a bit out of practice due to his knee (or it is to avoid taking any risks with the knee). It doesn’t make much sense otherwise, as Cleary kicks at a higher percentage.

Griffin said in his interview (after I posted this) that the players can work it out between themselves as they are both high percentage kickers.

BxTom

Bench
If that call happened in the 79th minute. Yes. But not so early in a game.

We played like shit in all of our losses and even a couple of our wins. Our roster is good enough to overcome those things against all but 3 or 4 teams.

If Souths are the real deal. We couldnt overcome bad cslls against them. Dragons. Storm and maybe Roosters.

Im not sold on Souths yet though. I cant see them maintaining form.

Our advantage is we have been winning while playing poorly and having injuries. We can easily get better. Dragons cant. Neither can Souths IMO. They are at or near 100%.

Hell last year we weren't remotely decent until Round 10 and didnt really reach potential to round 20. If we follow that same improvement curve we could be unbeatable.

Yes, because the points scored earl;y in the game apparently aren't worth as much as the points scored later in the game hey MX?

You produce more shit than a turd farm.

Tom

mxlegend99

Referee
Yes, because the points scored earl;y in the game apparently aren't worth as much as the points scored later in the game hey MX?

Tom
Its called having time to make up for it. If a dud call happens 5 minutes in. You have 75 minutes to make up for it. In the 79th minute though. There's no chance at all. It's so simple to comprehend I would have thought even you could manage that.

Apparently not. If a team cant win a game because of a decision that happened 5 minutes in. That's on them. Not the referee.

Now quit being a f**kwit trying to start shit.

OldPanther

Coach

Tom

I was angry about that call for weeks but it's probably fair to say there was plenty of time to win it. They gave away a, was it 2 or 3 try lead? That was a bad habit for the first few games which cost us more than the refs.

BxTom

Bench
Its called having time to make up for it. If a dud call happens 5 minutes in. You have 75 minutes to make up for it. In the 79th minute though. There's no chance at all. It's so simple to comprehend I would have thought even you could manage that.

Apparently not. If a team cant win a game because of a decision that happened 5 minutes in. That's on them. Not the referee.

Thank goodness that referees only make bad calls in the first five minutes of a game then. Otherwise they might affect the results.

You are so full of it. Keep digging.

Tom.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tom. Please quote where I said they only made bad calls in the opening 5 minutes.

Good luck since I never f**king said it. Now kindly f**k off.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

If a team lets themselves get into a position where a bad call can cost them game in the 79th minute, that’s also on them.

A team needs to play well enough that a bad call or two doesn’t stop them winning.