What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round 11 vs Dogs

innsaneink

Referee
Man some of you have the shortest memory ever...

Mccrone was in everything tonight, just look at how many try saving tackles, big defensive plays.. He had a few average kicks but that happens. He runs the ball incredibly well. You guys need someone to blame since Orford is out!
LOL a few avg kicks
He has improved a bit on last year but 2 of his crappy kicks led directly to tries....massive massive errors, and he had a chance in front and stuffed that too....youre lucky he didnt cost yous the game

The only problem I have with McCrone is his kicking , I cant fault much else , his kick chase is good , his defense is good. He takes on the line and does look like he is going to bust them.

In saying all that when Campo is match fit Id have Sam and Campo halves pairing with McCrone on the bench.

For that to happen we need a hooker to play close to 80minutes

mongoose

Coach
I guess when Mitchell Pearce is the premier halfback in NSW McCrone doesn't compare too badly. He did some good cleanup work in defence and he chases hard but he has zero creativity and his kicking game is attrocious.

parra pete

Referee
I reckon Josh McCrone has been good this season. He improved greatly at the end of 2010, and has carried that form into this year..

typicalfan

Coach
Problem with McCrone is that with Campese or Orford around he goes into his shell. With Williams by his side he has to be the dominant partner and it works to the teams advantage, if only he could kick and perhaps have a little look for support more.

Williams won't be selected over McCrone when Campese returns. That is dream land stuff, let Williams take his craft back to the 20s then he still has some growing to do.

Cryptic

Juniors
Yea but Idris is five times the attacking player Croker is on current form so it slants back to Idris :lol:

Nice call Edabomb.... That was the most inept attacking display from a centre I've ever seen... Croker actually outplayed him in every department minus a few big hits, which in the end ammounted to nothing...

Awesome game... The ref's were making shit calls constantly and it still didn't phase us for a change!

And WTF is with the McCrone hate? He has been one of our best all year long...

I will agree that he isn't a half, but he is a good 5/8 and he can defend well and take on the line so I would love to see him take Thompsons centre spot...

1 - Dugan
2 - Ferguson
3 - Croker
4 - McCrone
5 - Robinson
6 - Campese
7 - Williams
8 - Tilse
9 - Tongue (C)
10 - White (he does a lot better when starting)
11 - Thompson
12 - Harrison
13 - Fensom

14 - Buttriss
15 - Picker (may have a broken forearm!)
16 - Shillington/Miller
17 - TLL/Mataora/Papalii

297 - Orford

To be honest I think the biggest headache is in the forwards... Papalii and Mataora deserve to be there but do you really drop Shillington or TLL completely? I would like to see them stay out until 100% fit (mentally and physically)

Last edited:
TLL and Shillo will be staright back in , not sure when that is though , Picker looks like he broke his arm so we need a backrower to cover , either Galea/Thurling or Papa. Doesnt he look good. He pokes his head through the line nearly every time.

Will DF bring Campo straight back into the starting squad ? you'd imagine he would struggle to play a full 80minutes 1st up

1 - Dugan
2 - Ferguson
3 - Croker
4 - JT
5 - Robinson
6 - McCrone
7 - Williams
8 - Tilse
9 - Tongue (C)
10 - White
11 - Papallii/Galea
12 - Harrison
13 - Fensom

14 - Campo
15 - TLL
16 - Shillo
17 - Mataora/Papalii/Galea

aussies1st

Staff member
1 - Dugan
2 - Ferguson
3 - Croker
4 - JT
5 - Robinson
6 - Campese
7 - Williams
8 - Tilse
9 - Tongue (C)
10 - White
11 - Picker/Galea
12 - Harrison
13 - Fensom

14 - McCrone
15 - TLL
16 - Shillo
17 - Mataora/Papalii

Raiderdave

First Grade
Man some of you have the shortest memory ever...

Mccrone was in everything tonight, just look at how many try saving tackles, big defensive plays.. He had a few average kicks but that happens. He runs the ball incredibly well. You guys need someone to blame since Orford is out!

yep
Raiders fans are sometimes accused of knowing nothing about RL

& reading some of the comments about Mccrone in here .. confirms this
he's been our best for about 6 weeks now
one kick out on the full & he's had a shocker has he :sarcasm:

he played with a lot of energy last night , & he & williams work very well together ..as he will with his ol mate Campo in a few weeks time
Furner has a delightful headache ahead of him
3 cracking halves ... but only 2 to choose
I don't think you can have someone as small as williams or mccrone on the bench, you need forwards these days ..unless Josh can play a bit of dummy half .. in which case he takes butriss's spot.

nickraider

Juniors
Great defensive effort from the boys and they are playing like they really want to win. I actually thought McCrone went ok apart from a couple of crap kicks. Brett White is finally playing some good footy and great to see Reece Robinson have a good solid game. Tilse and Fensom very good also.

Cryptic

Juniors
I actually thought Tilse had an off night... He ran the ball with purpose but often left it behind him (or droped it in front)...

Robinson has been good! but am I the only one who would like to see Vidot back soon? He's had a dud start but with the rest of the team firing you know he will deliver.... Maybe be can take JT's centre spot... Although The idea of mcrone at center is ok with me, but furner will never do it imo. I don't think he'll move JT either

aussies1st

Staff member
McCrone went okay for a 5/8 but he is no halfback. Williams has shown vision, good short kicking game and a bullet like passing game which is everything you want from a halfback.

shear_joy9

Coach
robinson is a solid traditional winger, he simply doesn't do the hard yards vidot does.
if vidot cuts out the silly errors he's rep quality.

the main issue still holding the team back is tongue at hooker. What was it, three passes from tongue that went straight to no-one. Get buttriss in there for the 80

aussies1st

Staff member
I'd love to see Mcllwrick get a run, his first few games can't be much worse than what Tongue is serving up and once he settles into FG he'll be way better.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Fensom is a f**king beast.

75 tackles + 1 missed (only 1 missed out of 76 attempts!)
16 runs, 97 metres

Never seen stats that high in the NRL, ever.

Edit: 97 metres, not runs lol.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
I liked the Tractor combination Massey-Ferguson

Massey displays plenty of confidence, and Ferguson, well, he is just great.
Good selection problems coming up. It is starting to come together for David and the boys...