What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round 11 vs Dogs

Personally , Orford has played his last game for us. We dont need him on the field.

Id like to bring Vidot back in but you cant really drop anyone after that effort.
Duges could be on state duty , which would open a spot for a back.

Macko8

Juniors
lets face it orford is just too slow.
id be happy to see sam stay in FG,at least until campo is 110% fit.
mataora,love his agression!should be picked no exceptions everyweek.
galea has done a great job recovery for picker and hasnt look out of place.
tilse and white led from the front.without TLL,shillington,picker and thurling,this just proves how much depth in the forwards there is

If Dugan is out for origin i'd go with...

1. Massey (safe as in his debut last weekend, His attack will improve with experience)
2. Ferguson
3. Croker (one of my personal favourites but he really needs to pick up his act)
4. Vidot (where he should be playing!)
5. Robinson (nothing special but good finisher and a pretty safe player allround)

6. McCrone (not a fan at all but not alot we can do until Campese recovers)
7. Williams (Great first few games, future star, better option than Orford atm)

8. Tilse (Not his biggest fan but he really is playing great this season, Kind of like the way Shillo stepped it up last year)
9. Tongue (C)
10. White (Highly doubt if he can repeat his performance from tonight but the coach needs to stick a fire cracker up his arse so he does!)
11. Thompson (Where he belongs!! Always had this opinion, He is a beast and needs the ball, His defence will also improve if he moves one in)
12. Harrison (His game will improve as the team's game plan expands as it did tonight. Defence is still scratchy though)
13. Fensom (WOW, what a game he played tonight. His offloads pretty much won the Raiders the game and no mistakes aswell!. Should be given the licence to offload all game from any field position. Great support player aswell. Coaches dream)

14. Buttriss (Should get more minutes. Solid and great cover defender can play lock if Fensom or Tongue go down)
15. Galea (Nothing flash but solid and can cover backrow and centres. probably should only play 20mins giving JT a break.
16. Mataora (Impressive. Should be a certainty in the 17 even if all the squad are fit. Swapping White in the front row)
17. Thurling (Playing as a front rower swapping with Tilse. Obviously not as effective as a prop but with TLL and Shillo out there are few other options. Gets the nod before Papalii because of experience. In FG experience is everything.)

18. Papalii (Good debut. Will definately see more FG in the future.)
19. Miller (If only he was 1ft taller he'd be close to best prop in the game.)

Hopefully from a Raider's perspective the Doggies will be missing Idris and Ennis and are longshots of missing Morris and Barba. If the defence doesnt turn up Barba will tear us a new one.

I think Furner has been drilling the basics into the Raiders from the start of the season and has only just realised more is required to actually win a game. We seen a more expansive gameplan which was executed quite nicely from the raiders tonight. To win a game you need to do more then to complete sets...

If we win this game it could be the start of something amazing

Cryptic

Juniors
.... Honestly how can you give McCrone anything but praise after his performance, not only this week, but all year long... He has been consistantly putting in the effort AND getting results, which is more than we can say for most of the team this year...

I've said it a few time and I'm sticking by it... With Campese back we should move McCrone to the centres, he is fast enough and good enough in defence to cover it, plus then we would have a backup play maker out there should Campese or Williams get injured, etc.

Oh and I really doubt Furner just suddenly coached the way you armchair experts have been QQing for him to do.. It was always the players with the issue not the coach (I'm not saying he wasn't blameless, he just copped WAY too much flack from everyone when it was the players imitating under 12s)... Awesome to see them turning the corner... Lets hope they can keep it up!

For mine I don't think Dugan will be selected.... The selecters have a hard on for Hayne... Sucks for Dugan but good for the club at least... Ferguson is the one I'm worried we will lose to Origin with the recent NSW injuries...

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
As above, I dont think we'll be missing Dugan for next week. He has been playing at 90% for most of the season and his form isn't deserving of selection. That missed tackle on the storm winger last night would be one I'd have him down as making. He'd have made it last year.

Id be suprised if the Dugan isnt selected. He would of been pencilled long before the weekends game. They will fit Hayne in the wing.

I didnt see the Parra game but they let in 40 points , 30 unanswered so I dont think Haynes form would of been much better.

On McCrone he has been our most consistant player all year. He can take the wromg option sometimes but he is playing good and does look to play well with Sam.

aussies1st

Staff member
McCrone has given it his all but his game still isn't suited to halfback with his kicking game. When Campo returns he would go good in centre or onto the bench as the utility.

Hard to drop anyone but I would have Thurling for Miller, just feel he will provide more go forward in the prop role.

Dazraider

Juniors
I wouldnt mind them having orford on the bench and playing the hooker role in shorts spurts, that may wake him up a bit. Williams has to be our halfback with a 2-1 compared to orfords 0-7 so far this year.
That young guy (forget his name) only 19 years old looked good and will surely get better should remain in the side as well with mataora.
The coach has to stick with wining formula and shouldnt go back to what he did last time and take out performing players

Cryptic

Juniors
Isn't Williams 2-2 this year? I thought that was his fourth game?

But yes, obviously Williams with only one arm over Orford... I think we MAY be able to build him into a hooker (either type, lol) but give him some games at Souths/Logan in the role first...

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I'd really like to see fergo in the centers, he is a really good attacking player and moving him closer in field might give him alot more ball.

Cryptic

Juniors
He is a winger, and a damn good one... don't f**k with what isn't broken... No one else can flirt with the sideline like that...

Massey in for Dugan?

Or do we play Vidot at the back. he scored a try for SL today ( doesnt mean he played good though , I dont know what his form was like )

Cryptic

Juniors
Would have to see the SL game... I'm sure Furner will make the right call (I'm serious, NFI why he has so many haters). I think it will be Massey although he originally only got the call up due to the late scratching of Dugan that week...

Id be suprised if the Dugan isnt selected. He would of been pencilled long before the weekends game. They will fit Hayne in the wing.

I didnt see the Parra game but they let in 40 points , 30 unanswered so I dont think Haynes form would of been much better.

On McCrone he has been our most consistant player all year. He can take the wromg option sometimes but he is playing good and does look to play well with Sam.

Raidersrawesome

They didn't even bother doing that. He didn't even make the side. lol

All the best,

Master Raider®©

bileduct

Coach
I think we are a good chance of winning on Friday night.

The disruption from SOO won't be as severe with some of our rep players already out from injury anyway, and I am sure the boys will have a lot of confidence from ending an 11 year losing steak in Melbourne.

Weather is starting to get a bit cold too.

legend

Coach
I don't give us a chance at all against the Dogs. They are at full strength and only just lost to the Dragons. Idris and Tolman will be there as will Barba. We still have half our starting side out.

I wouldn't get too carried away with our win over the Storm. Impressive as it was, I don't have any confidence about the team winning back to back games against premiership contenders.

we need to keep our feet on the ground. I mean yes we won in Melbourne for the first time in 11 years but it was our worst losing streak in 25 odd years before this so we need to aim up again and hopefully string back to back victories with the bye next week.