What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. Tigers Discussion + Voting

Kiwi

First Grade
Curious what everyone's team will be

This is the side I think will be picked, I'll post the side I think should be picked later.

1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Reed
4 Copely
5 Kahu
6 Hoffman
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 McCullough
10 Wallace
11 Glenn
12 Oates
13 Lowrie

14 Hala
15 Kennedy
16 Stagg
17 Hannant

Bronco18

Juniors
Curious what everyone's team will be

This is the side I think will be picked, I'll post the side I think should be picked later.

1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Reed
4 Copely
5 Kahu
6 Hoffman
7 Hunt
8 McGuire
9 McCullough
10 Wallace
11 Glenn
12 Oates
13 Lowrie

14 Hala
15 Kennedy
16 Stagg
17 Hannant

Team sounds about right. Griffin might opt for Granville as the team has about 0 spark.

I'm a bit scared of this game - the Tigers should be neutered without Tedesco, Farah and Woods but we've been playing pretty ordinary WITH our Origin contingent.

Oates could/should be a real weapon in the 2nd row, but our attack is so slow and disorganised we haven't been able to put him into some space, or have him hit an edge one on one.

Kennedy and Hannant both have points to prove and hopefully will have big games...

Dazzat

First Grade
Yep. That will be the team, with the wild card being Thaiday possibly making a comeback if fit.

Griffin could use the opportunity to move the team around - risking a lose during Origin. If the team loses, he can blame not having the stars Hodges, Parker and Gillett.

He could give a young half a crack - don't care which one. He could bring in a younger player for Stagg, who didn't impress last week. He could forget about bringing Kennedy back until he shows reasonable form in the ISC, and instead blood a young player.

But all those are coulda's and shoulda's, and it won't happen.

Kiwi

First Grade
This is the side I would pick

1 - Barba
2 - Vidot
3 - Reed
4 - Copely
5 - Hoffman
6 - Kahu
7 - Hunt
8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Wallace
11 - Glenn
12 - Oates
13 - Lowrie

14 - Nikorima
15 - Kennedy
16 - Hannant
17 - Stagg

Dazzat

First Grade
1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Hoffman
6. Paia'aua
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Oates
13. Lowrie

14. Granville
15. Lee
16. Hannant
17. Stagg

Kiwi

First Grade
Official team

Broncos

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Dale Copley
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Jarrod Wallace
11 Alex Glenn (c)
12 Corey Oates
13 Todd Lowrie

Interchange
14 David Hala
15 Ben Hannant
16 David Stagg
17 Jake Granville
18 Martin Kennedy
19 Jordan Kahu

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2014/05/20/broncos_ins_and_outs_round_11.html

god I hate our coach

Last edited by a moderator:

Dazzat

First Grade
Yes ... I'm sure Martin Kennedy has learnt his lesson after one week in "the wilderness". Fair dinkum. His performances deserved more like a month to think about his game and consider a few changes. One week is like putting a naughty child in the corner with a PlayStation and a box of lollies.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yes ... I'm sure Martin Kennedy has learnt his lesson after one week in "the wilderness". Fair dinkum. His performances deserved more like a month to think about his game and consider a few changes. One week is like putting a naughty child in the corner with a PlayStation and a box of lollies.

To be fair we are down 3 forwards and he is only named 18th man so may not play.

Kiwi

First Grade
Hoffman still at 5/8...gosh help us!

It just boggles the mind how a coach can be so blind to how inept he is there and how much he is crippling our attack. A blind man could see it, every single fan can see it, including other clubs fans, who are probably mostly greatful because if we had a half decent 6 there we would have won atleast 50% of the games we lost especially the Roosters, Titans and Rabbits games. It says a lot for how bad he is that he either can't see it or see's it and refuses to do anything about it.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Kiwi I have a lot of admiration for you as a poster

I hope we get flogged in a big way by the Tigers and then by Manly, but knowing our luck we'll beat one of them to give his a stay of execution.

...but this right here doesn't belong on any Broncos board and can f**k off.

You may wish for a different coach but actively supporting your side is a scum move as far as I'm concerned.

Isn't the side I would pick but given how largely unaffected the Broncos are, I wasn't expecting too many changes.

DeeJ

Bench
Kiwi I have a lot of admiration for you as a poster

...but this right here doesn't belong on any Broncos board and can f**k off.

You may wish for a different coach but actively supporting your side is a scum move as far as I'm concerned.

Isn't the side I would pick but given how largely unaffected the Broncos are, I wasn't expecting too many changes.

Let's face it though, it will only take a drastic action for Griffin to move/drop Hoffman. If only the Bulldogs were getting smashed and bought him out of desperation.

Big Pete

Referee
No it won't.

It will take the recovery of Jordan Kahu who is still struggling to run freely after his spat of injuries. Naturally, his condition will improve over time and I believe he'll come into the side in the coming weeks.

To actively root against your team is just poor form and really something as a supporter I don't want to be associated with.

If we won those games, I'd be stoked. Not because Hoffman may have played well but because it shows that our other players like Ben Hunt, Dale Copley, Josh McGuire, Corey Oates etc are stepping up and handling the adversity.

It's frustrating but I don't see the value in actively hoping your team gets torn to shreds. None.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
No it won't.

It will take the recovery of Jordan Kahu who is still struggling to run freely after his spat of injuries. Naturally, his condition will improve over time and I believe he'll come into the side in the coming weeks.

While I would never want to see the team lose, you can't seriously believe this right?

What evidence suggests to you that Griffin will budge?

Big Pete

Referee
Chris Garry's blog where he reported that Kahu was training as if he was going to play but had to pull out because his leg wasn't right.

Dazzat

First Grade
To be fair we are down 3 forwards and he is only named 18th man so may not play.

And this is exactly the reason the team is not flourishing. If you are demoted because of form, then you shouldn't be promoted until your form improves, no matter what.

This type of limp-wristed selection policy is what sends all the wrong signals to the entire team, "You can be average and be rewarded".

From what I've seen and heard, Kennedy was very average in the ISC with Ipswich, and if there isn't one forward in our stocks that is playing better football, then ... arr ... I've said it all before. :crazy:

Just happy to read in today's press that Griffin is gone anyway.

Dazzat

First Grade
It just boggles the mind how a coach can be so blind to how inept he is there and how much he is crippling our attack. A blind man could see it, every single fan can see it, including other clubs fans, who are probably mostly greatful because if we had a half decent 6 there we would have won atleast 50% of the games we lost especially the Roosters, Titans and Rabbits games. It says a lot for how bad he is that he either can't see it or see's it and refuses to do anything about it. I hope we get flogged in a big way by the Tigers and then by Manly, but knowing our luck we'll beat one of them to give his a stay of execution.

Agree with this. Is Hoffman a hypnotist and has Griffin under his power? It's the only thing that makes sense.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tigers attack without farah and tedesco has been terrible.

5 tries in 3 games.

2 intercepts, 1 from dummyhalf and 2 from kicks (1 was a rebound)

The broncos are missing a lot of strike power in the backrow but the have their spine and will probably only need 3 tries to come out on top

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Chris Garry's blog where he reported that Kahu was training as if he was going to play but had to pull out because his leg wasn't right.

Problem is, if Kahu is a shoo in when fit, that would suggest that Griffin considers Hoffman as nothing more than a stop-gap 5/8th. If this is the case, why doesn't Nikorima get a run?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
And this is exactly the reason the team is not flourishing. If you are demoted because of form, then you shouldn't be promoted until your form improves, no matter what.

I guess I would argue that perhaps he hasn't been promoted. He's gone from player #21 to player #18 because 3 other guys ahead of him are out.

Latest posts