What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. Tigers Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
Well I'll get off my band-wagon then, and let's just see if Griffin can bring on a few young players by the end of the year.

I'll set the bar at an easy height for him - three. A half, and two forwards.

If he can bring three young players into the team, and get them playing decent football by the end of the year, I'll know that he's been reading my posts (kidding).

Big Pete

Referee
Kennedy and Kahu drop off.

McGuire could be a late withdrawal as his partner just gave birth.

Molo is 18th man and may be a late inclusion.

Dazzat

First Grade
Kennedy dropped off a few weeks ago.

Hannant to start, and a bench of Hala, Stagg, Granville and Molo ... possibly. I like it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
given Tigers seem destined to run with two backs, well one back and one statue, i think the second half is where this game will be won if its close at halftime.

I'd be expecting the Bronco's to come home with a wet sail.

Big Pete

Referee
Hopefully the game lives up to it's potential.

Plenty of quality young talent on show for both clubs.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
If the Broncos don't need Granville to be playing, any chance he can be released and have to play for Wynnum ? You can gladly have Kahu as 18th man, let in two tries tonight. Probably beat Pride with Granville in and Kahu out. :roll::roll:

blaza88z

Coach
I thought Molo was pretty good whilst he was out there, didn't do much with the ball but it seemed like he was involved in every 2nd tackle

Blockade

Juniors
Extremely low standard contest but full credit to the boys for falling over the line. Thankfully the Tigers played some really dumb footy. These two sides are very evenly matched (even at full strength) and one of them will stumble into the playoffs which is good enough for Wests but nowhere near good enough for a one team town in a city of 2 million but will enable Hook to keep his job resulting in many mediocre Bronco sides in the future. Vidot 3 Hunt 2 Oates 1

Kiwi

First Grade
Stats show that if we win 7 more games we will make the finals. Surely we can win 7 out of Manly, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks, Panthers, Warriors, Storm, Manly, Bulldogs, Rabbits, Knights, Dragons and Storm. The ones in bold I expect us to win, we should be able to jag a couple of wins out of the other games.

Big Pete

Referee
I try and look at games on how I'll think back on them by the end of the year. This is one of those ones where I could care less if we played well, the two points was all that mattered.

3. Ben Hunt
2. Corey Oates
1. Daniel Vidot

Those votes would most likely change upon a replay but I can't see myself watching this game back anytime soon. I think Ben Hunt was the difference and hope it's the making of him as a clutch player. Wasn't the first time he's come up with the big play but to close the game out like he did here was important for him.

Oates is a star in the making. Good hands and line to score the try he did and just good awareness to put himself into a position to score off of Maranta.

While Vidot gets a point because I reckon he's the best forward we've got at the moment. Hits the line harder and fights more than some others I won't mention.

What did everybody make of Bronco #208? I know he only received a taste of first grade, 10 minutes if that but I thought it was pretty clear that he was struggling with the pace and physical requirements. However, I liked his attitude last night, wasn't afraid to get involved, put his hand up for some extremely hard runs or try his hand out and put the poor old crash test dummy Stagg under all sorts. I think with a player like him, you've got to be patient and let him understand where he needs to be to cut it at this level.

If I was coach (god help us) I would play him over Hala in a heart-beat.

Kiwi

First Grade
I try and look at games on how I'll think back on them by the end of the year. This is one of those ones where I could care less if we played well, the two points was all that mattered.

3. Ben Hunt
2. Corey Oates
1. Daniel Vidot

Those votes would most likely change upon a replay but I can't see myself watching this game back anytime soon. I think Ben Hunt was the difference and hope it's the making of him as a clutch player. Wasn't the first time he's come up with the big play but to close the game out like he did here was important for him.

Oates is a star in the making. Good hands and line to score the try he did and just good awareness to put himself into a position to score off of Maranta.

While Vidot gets a point because I reckon he's the best forward we've got at the moment. Hits the line harder and fights more than some others I won't mention.

What did everybody make of Bronco #208? I know he only received a taste of first grade, 10 minutes if that but I thought it was pretty clear that he was struggling with the pace and physical requirements. However, I liked his attitude last night, wasn't afraid to get involved, put his hand up for some extremely hard runs or try his hand out and put the poor old crash test dummy Stagg under all sorts. I think with a player like him, you've got to be patient and let him understand where he needs to be to cut it at this level.

If I was coach (god help us) I would play him over Hala in a heart-beat.

I agree with regards to Molo, he got a taste. He has much to improve on, great thing was he never stopped trying even though he was out of his depth at times as you said. He'll take a lot from that 10 minutes. If only Hala played with Molo's heart and courage he would be unstoppable.

Big Pete

Referee
Because he isn't that reliable normally.

He's had stints in the past, mostly in NYC and would end up being replaced by somebody else.

Maybe it's a turning point? Lord knows we need a good goal-kicker since points are a real premium for us.

Blockade

Juniors
Stats show that if we win 7 more games we will make the finals. Surely we can win 7 out of Manly, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks, Panthers, Warriors, Storm, Manly, Bulldogs, Rabbits, Knights, Dragons and Storm. The ones in bold I expect us to win, we should be able to jag a couple of wins out of the other games.

I tend to look at it differently, the boys need 10 more wins to safely make the top 4. Who gives a shit about sneaking into the top 8, a one team town in a RL city of 2 million should always be a contender, without question, as we have a massive advantage over every other franchise. But of course this current crop of misfits, has beens and screw ups are nowhere near top 4 quality, they are unlikely to make the playoffs especially with Hodgo unlikely to be around.

BTW, wins over Pen and Canb are extremely optomistic, please don't put any of your hard earned on it. Kiwi's post isn't unlike many posts from wide eyed Bronco fans these days who consider a top 8 berth as sufficient these days. It is also sufficient for the CEO who will retain the coaching staff if in fact a finals berth occurs (which it won't). But therein lies the problem, complete novices running the show and continuously disintegrating this once great brand. Until a major overhaul occurs, we will continue to read posts like the one Kiwi penned at being satisfied with mediocrity. It is how things roll these days

Bronco18

Juniors
@Blockade - do we have our Origin players against Canberra? If so I wouldn't see that as a tough game. Canberra have been woeful.

renouf

Juniors
Parker hasn't ever been a reliable goal kicker, so I say give hunt a go.. He seemed to hit the ball well last night

Latest posts