What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 - Rabbitohs vs Eels: Friday 19th May 8pm @Allianz Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Oh man, I've woken up nice and early today, super excited, absolutely pumped!! Rise and shine with me South Sydney fans as a huge game day is now upon us. We take on the Eels tonight in a bumper clash, our first ever home game at the new Allianz Stadium.

One of the most special game days of the whole year, Indigenous Round. Always a great night, always a very meaningful one as we celebrate aboriginal culture the way it should be celebrated. Tonight, in particular looks to be huge, the biggest ever, as the club has so much planned. Wish I could be there. I'm not aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander myself but I have a huge respect for the Indigenous culture. Love their core values, love all their artwork and songs, and I love how guys like Latrell and Cody are so passionate about it. For me, this week is a great opportunity to hear more stories, learn more about their culture and understand it just that little bit better. I've been doing that all week, soaking in all the build up, and this year has been very enjoyable. It all culminates into the game tonight as the celebration explodes. Our boys always get up for this Round and hopefully this one is no different.

I think this is going to be a tougher game than a lot of people expect tonight. Parra are a bit of a hard to pick task and that should make us a little wary. They've been struggling big time, there's no doubt about that. They've been way underperforming for eleven weeks or so now. But the thing is, they are capable of so much more and one day, they're going to click and turn it on. We have to be prepared that tonight could be that night. We know what they are capable of at their very best, they can beat anyone. That Penrith game is case in point, but they just haven't been able to produce that on a regular basis. Tonight is such a huge game for them and I can't understate how desperate they'll be to get a result. That can make a team dangerous. Any side with the likes of Gutherson, Sivo, Moses, Brown, Paulo, Matterson etc in it is to be respected. While a lot of those players I just mentioned, especially the backs, pose a huge threat, I think this one is won through the middle. Parra tend to not play as well once they're on the back foot so getting over their pack and getting some momentum going is crucial. Then hopefully our Indigenous fullas can do the rest.

For our lads, it's pretty simple tonight. I feel like I say this every week, and I do because it's true. We get our game right, play Rabbitohs Footy and stick to our processes, we'll be okay. It really is as simple as that for mine. While we shouldn't take the Eels lightly and we should be wary of the threat they pose, this is a game we simply cannot drop if we want to be Minor Premiers or finish in the top two. We've got to get this done tonight. Defend as we have been, complete your sets, get over them in the middle as I said, and execute in good ball attack and we can do that. They're vulnerable on the edges, that's our key target tonight, particularly their right edge. I know it means nothing today but historically, Parra have really struggled defending our style and shape. We've exploited them so many times out wide in recent years so I hope the boys are good enough and that continues in this one.

Huge game, huge occasion, just a huge night for this club. I am super pumped!! can't wait for the game and can't wait for this explosion of colour. Gotta make sure we mark it with a victory. There's an Aboriginal saying that goes, "keep your eyes on the sun, and you will not see the shadows." Let's follow that tonight lads. keep your eyes on the sun, stay focused and we can do this! Let's gooooooo!!

Glory, Glory.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are it is Game Day and what a special one this is what a build up it’s been and what a celebration tonight will be at Trellianz Stadium our one home game there. That is right it is indigenous round and nobody I feel in the NRL does it better than Souths we are such a proud indigenous club. It has been a great build up again this week and I know the club has a lot planned have had all week celebrating it and will do tonight before the game. I fully respect this round and especially what it means to our indigenous lads and families and I’m still learning things I didn’t know about the indigenous culture. It’s great everyone coming together as one no matter what culture you are from. And tonight they are expecting 30-35k at Trellianz as well can’t wait for the sea of red and green I’ll be out there as well it’s gonna be an insane atmosphere.

We are now just a week before origin so getting the win tonight is important if we wanna finish top 2 tonight is a game we can not afford to drop. We have had the wood on Parra last 6-7 games but that does not mean things will just happen tonight. Parra will be desperate they badly need a win and they have strong threats in Gutho, Dylbags and Moses. They also have strike out wide in Penisini and Sivo plus a strong pack with Matto, Hopgood, Carty, Paulo etc……. They do have the game to put some points on and razzle dazzle so for us we have to do what we have been doing build our game around a defensive mindset is the big thing we have been doing. Playing the percentages getting in the grind and kicking deep completing our sets and not giving cheap penalties out of yardage. If we do this I’m confident we can attack well build pressure and pour some points on. We will need big games tonight from our starting pack with the bench looking a bit weaker than previous weeks. I’m looking forward to big games from all our spine too and the outside backs getting through massive amounts of work coming out of trouble. We are going for 7 wins a in a row CMON BOYS LETS GO 9 and 3 AT THE HALFWAY MARK!!!

Well welcome Rabbitohs members and supporters to Allianz Stadium tonight as we celebrate indigenous round great to have a home game here and great to see a massive amount of red and green in the stands let’s make sure we make plenty of noise tonight for the full 80mins and help get a win for the good guys our boys in red and green!

Everyone please be up standing for a special welcome to country from Sister Barbara!…………

As we look down the tunnel here we can see the men in the blue, gold and white making their way down the tunnel Rabbitohs Members and supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Parramatta Eels……………

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1……………… (Glory Glory will be being played on didgeridoo’ as the boys run out too).

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS IT IS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FEET…….. SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YA HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBIIITTTOOOOHHSSS!!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!

P.S. The boots specially designed for our Indigenous boys look friggin awesome!!! So cool and I’m sure they’ll wear them so proudly!

LETS GET AJ OVER FOR 2-3 TRIES TONIGHT AS WELL AAAAAJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I also wanna hear that South Sydney chant loud and proud around Trellianz tonight!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

callmack1

Staff member
Game time!!

Indigenous Round, first home game at Allianz, what an occasion. We really need to be up for this, the Eels are gonna be up for this.

Go and do it for the mob boys!! We can do this!!

Glory, Glory!!

Eric the great

Juniors
Never really in the game tonight the occasion seemed to get the better of them Lachie and knight not the best I think as a team they may be guilty of reading there own press team parra making us look ordinary tonight ,we have been up for awhile and it has caught up

Runrabbit14

Juniors
Never really in the game tonight the occasion seemed to get the better of them Lachie and knight not the best I think as a team they may be guilty of reading there own press team parra making us look ordinary tonight ,we have been up for awhile and it has caught up
Fair assessment !
The 2 kicks out on the full led to them scoring 12 points after we finally got our nose in front.
Overall though little effort and very flat performance

Steenson123

Juniors
The Indigenous stuff is nice for those concerned BUT it appears to have drained many of the players especially on an emotional level. Perhaps its best left to season's end. This team was a shadow of itself and the two outs from Ilias compounded a squad flat from the outset.
This will test Demetriou because Ilias - along with most of the squad - were terrible.

callmack1

Staff member
Disgusting performance. That is the best way I can describe it to be honest. Just absolutely disgusting. I am appalled. Our worst performance of the Season no doubt.

This is a game we should be winning, and it looked like the boys turned up thinking that as well. Looks like they'd been reading into their own media because God, we were just so average. Terrible attitude. Not willing to turn up and work for the win, they just expected it would happen.

I cannot believe the defensive effort. Reserve grade stuff. No effort, no desire, no steel. Where did our defence go? We haven't conceded 20 points all year and then suddenly, we get 36 points put on us? That is simply not acceptable. It's all attitude and our attitude sunk.

The good ball attack looked great, but the boys just didn't show enough effort to get up there enough. We got clapped in the forwards.

I don't have much to say tonight, I'm that angry and disappointed.

You can say 'one of those nights,' or, 'the loss we needed' all you like but I ain't gonna cop that. We are a top team and we put in a bottom four effort tonight. It's simply not acceptable. Disgusting.

To dish that up in such a special Round for us too, one we always get up for? It's just so diappointing. That one hurts. It should have been our night and a big celebration, one of the biggest in the history of the club. But no, the boys decided they wouldn't turn up and totally wasted it.

Fuming. Disgusting. Not acceptable.