What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

True_Believer

Juniors
This forum is seriously an embarrassment. We were down 2 players for the entire second half and down 1 for at least half the first. We were always going to struggle and the fatigue was showing 10 minutes into the second half. We know we don't have the players to recover from that. Added to that the Dogs were afforded the better of the officiating all night - not just those 2 obviously poor decisions.

We know we can do it - we showed in the first half we have the ability. We just couldn't keep up in the second half because of fatigue.

shiloh dc

Juniors
This forum is seriously an embarrassment. We were down 2 players for the entire second half and down 1 for at least half the first. We were always going to struggle and the fatigue was showing 10 minutes into the second half. We know we don't have the players to recover from that. Added to that the Dogs were afforded the better of the officiating all night - not just those 2 obviously poor decisions.

We know we can do it - we showed in the first half we have the ability. We just couldn't keep up in the second half because of fatigue.
100% correct. Great post!

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Ultimately I guess we couldn’t match their intensity and speed after half time. Our jury rigged left edge collapsed under their pressure. 6-0 penalty count against us in the second dig and not one six again to us for the whole game gave them all the ball they needed as did 12 men for 10. All excuses of course we weren’t up to it. I do hope we play the, again though without all the injuries

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
Yet again the mighty red v - more like slightly - have managed to outshine the cellar dwellars with another pearler and one for the annals... turned it off with 20 mins to go.

Illusion

Bench

Yep I know all that but it's how they give up ........

Crush

Coach

Some good points however you have to admit we are just so fragile. When things go against us such as injuries, rough referee calls, we go to water. Have done all year unfortunately. We give up.

Dragon David

First Grade

I'm predicting we will beat the bloody Dogs when we play them next. They had everything go their way tonight. We were down in troops and reffing was disastrous and several players missing tackles that cost us.

Did I say that I hate the Bulldogs. I hate them even more now.

Anyway. From what I have seen tonight. We are done for the year and Flanno needs to get the replacements signed up quick smart or else 2025 is also done.

This forum is a lot less embarrassing than our team, my friend.

twinkletoes

Juniors
100% correct. Great post!
I’d agree if it was a one off…. but this has happened in at least 3 games this season…. unfortunately we are a bunch of “old” plodders… I thought FLanaghan would at least groom some of the younger players but he is worse than Hook when it comes to blooding young talent.
From tonight’s game Rava, Lawrie., Leluia, Eisenhuth are not worth keeping… awful display

We fired our shot in the first half and it was solid without being outstanding. As fans, we were content despite the injuries. In reality though the stats said we should have been up by 3 tries but the Dogs were resilient and only a try behind.

As soon as Dogs got up to fire their shot we said come on through. On a couple occasions this year we have been able to fight fire with fire and get angry in games on the line (e.g. Warriors) but the rest of the time we just collapse.

I didn't watch the last 25 minutes but I will listen to the presser.

I'd expect the coach to:

- not blame the injuries because we beat ourselves and we are not the only team to lose players
- bring up the officiating, in particular the penalty over the sideline, offside try, forward pass to Kikau and the obstruction which has always been an obstruction
- mention changes and carry through with them to restore some pride / look to the future

If ever there was a game of two halves it was that one. Our great name dragged through the mud again. I'm absolutely livid because I have lost the essence of the thing I loved.

shiloh dc

Juniors
I’d agree if it was a one off…. but this has happened in at least 3 games this season…. unfortunately we are a bunch of “old” plodders… I thought FLanaghan would at least groom some of the younger players but he is worse than Hook when it comes to blooding young talent.
From tonight’s game Rava, Lawrie., Leluia, Eisenhuth are not worth keeping… awful display
Well now that the season is over Flanno must blood some of the youth to see who is worth keeping.

The only good thing about the game tonight was the mute button on my TV. Saved me from listening to those flogs Voss and Ennis. It’s painful enough being beaten without having to listen to their inane commmentary.

I get the anger but if we weren't so abysmal they'd have some decent things to say. I don't see Voss as an anti Dragon, Ennis absolutely, but the team needs to show some promise and then deliver to get the narrative to turn their way. Still more to be excited about as a Dogs fan. They've actually signed a host of talent lately - Kikau, Crichton, Fox, Burton... that's where commentators are paid to comment for the projection of the brand.

For the record I was listening to 9 before I switched off. It wasn't great but we get what we deserve. We are sad.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Another inspiring half time speech by the super coach! We only conceded 38 unanswered points in a half, tell me again how we're not beating ourselves, Flanno?

Other sides in the competition are resilient enough to perform respectably even against poor refereeing and injuries, there is no excuse for this inept performance.

Flanagan has a lot to answer for and isn't the answer as our coach.