What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

I get you don’t like Flanno and have been against his appointment like a rabid dog. That’s cool, your prerogative, but not sure what you expect a horse trainer to get out of a dead horse.

This isn’t his roster. He hasn’t build shit yet.

You seem to think he should be able to turn water into wine or he is rubbish.

It’s difficult to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys
Turkeys would be better than this team. They are more like Dodos' extinct.

Coffs dragon

Bench
This team is un-watchable with a mix of plodders, 2nd rate discards led by a captain that doesn’t want to be there.
Please Mr Flanno get the broom out & clean the place right out.
Surely it’s time to inject some youth with speed & look towards 2025. Other teams aren’t scared to do this!

I’d rather see our team go down trying something new than continue with the same boring slugfest of 2nd half failure.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Posted this at 9:19pm last light.
"
22-12 now, so too hard to turn it around now. 20 minutes to go, but I'm not going to lay into the boys. One day the tide will turn and we'll get our revenge.
Still proud of them no matter what."

........and nothings changed. I'm not going to kick them when their down. Dogs had their night. Still a manufactured side with made-up history from a shit part of Sydney. I know I once lived there.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I get you don’t like Flanno and have been against his appointment like a rabid dog. That’s cool, your prerogative, but not sure what you expect a horse trainer to get out of a dead horse.

This isn’t his roster. He hasn’t build shit yet.

You seem to think he should be able to turn water into wine or he is rubbish.

It’s difficult to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys
All well and good to make this excuse, but what is he building?

It is coming up to 1 year since his appointment was announced and what has he got to show for it?

From what I see, there's no notable signings and he hasn't even been willing to blood any youngsters despite the piss poor losses that we've dished up under his coaching thus far.

Besides all of this and to your main point, he said pre season that us dragons supporters would have a team to be proud of and in particular wouldn't beat ourselves. Now he says he can't put his finger on what's going on with some of these losses!
This coach gave all the fans this expectation pre season and there's nothing unfair in holding him to account now that it hasn't come to fruition.

denis preston

First Grade
All well and good to make this excuse, but what is he building?

It is coming up to 1 year since his appointment was announced and what has he got to show for it?

From what I see, there's no notable signings and he hasn't even been willing to blood any youngsters despite the piss poor losses that we've dished up under his coaching thus far.

Besides all of this and to your main point, he said pre season that us dragons supporters would have a team to be proud of and in particular wouldn't beat ourselves. Now he says he can't put his finger on what's going on with some of these losses!
This coach gave all the fans this expectation pre season and there's nothing unfair in holding him to account now that it hasn't come to fruition.
You have been holding him to account from after the second game !

maestro1

Bench
Thanks mate, glad you missed me.

Hopefully it won't be long until we chalk up that illusive sixth win which was your flag stick for a successful year for us.
No mate, my standards are way higher than yours. I want GFs and Dynasties and another 11 in a row, but I'll start with an improvement from last season. Baby steps. Now run along and draft your next hate induced, Flanno stalking, negative as shit post

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I'd like to make a few points about tonight.
May as well get the lousy reffing out of the way to start-i think we got 1 6 again,yet 1st half the Bulldogs got quite a few-they're as good as penalties. The forward passes and offside etc just unbelievable. But that didn't loose us the game, but it didnt help either.I'm so sick of us always getting the rough calls
I really think Flanno has it wrong playing Bird instead of benching him-we need an all-round player on the bench. This is twice now we've lost a center and got slammed. To me this is a bad coaching error.
Eisenhuth just cant tackle-we've seen it two weeks where he's been put to center spot. I don't blame him having to go there but both times his defensive record is appalling-all arm grabs and that's it. To me he's useless if he cant tackle.
Lomax doing a stupid thing at the end of the game when everyone is tired and getting sent to the bin is unforgivable.
DeBelin does great things and then bad things-his ball loss gave them another try. And then the strip to give away another penalty. We have to be better than this-its just unprofessional and embarrassing.
Ravalawa is just out of position way too many times-surely this has been noticed and worked on (to no avail). Again embarrassing
Sloan has really improved and deserves his spot.
Once again Hunt is out shone by the opposition. His kicking is rushed and definitely non threatening. God i hope we swap him at seasons end-week in week out he's outplayed.
I cant believe how it seems every week luck goers against us.The bounce of the ball went perfectly for the Bulldogs the same as it did for the Rorters on Anzac Day. Surely our luck has to change eventually.
Tonight was hard to watch as we went to another almighty loss again.Its so hard to watch us just fall apart every second match and im sure no-one knows how to fix it.
I'll watch some junior rugby league over the weekend and watch kids who all want to play for all the match.At least that cheers me up
I would prefer you selected the team, Flanagan has blind spots.

Our worst right now is worse than the last three coaches. That’s pure observation. We just stop tackling and quickly let the score blow out.

I don’t know if there is something in that about the approach but you can tell the talent and belief is not there. Other times we look more like a proper team.

Flanagan already talking about coaches get sacked with performances like. He is under no illusion but really the club should be coming to his aid and helping to get the right talent to the club. Until then we will mostly go in circles.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Would be handy to have a talakai type player on the bench to give us coverage in outside backs and middles. Has happened a handful of times this season teams losing their backs early and getting punished for it. Bird could fill that spot but he doesn't want to play in the forwards.
We had Bird until last night, a perfect bench utility. We have a 850k centre playing on the wing…wrong team put out there, the coach needs to get smarter.

maestro1

Bench
I'd like to make a few points about tonight.
May as well get the lousy reffing out of the way to start-i think we got 1 6 again,yet 1st half the Bulldogs got quite a few-they're as good as penalties. The forward passes and offside etc just unbelievable. But that didn't loose us the game, but it didnt help either.I'm so sick of us always getting the rough calls
I really think Flanno has it wrong playing Bird instead of benching him-we need an all-round player on the bench. This is twice now we've lost a center and got slammed. To me this is a bad coaching error.
Eisenhuth just cant tackle-we've seen it two weeks where he's been put to center spot. I don't blame him having to go there but both times his defensive record is appalling-all arm grabs and that's it. To me he's useless if he cant tackle.
Lomax doing a stupid thing at the end of the game when everyone is tired and getting sent to the bin is unforgivable.
DeBelin does great things and then bad things-his ball loss gave them another try. And then the strip to give away another penalty. We have to be better than this-its just unprofessional and embarrassing.
Ravalawa is just out of position way too many times-surely this has been noticed and worked on (to no avail). Again embarrassing
Sloan has really improved and deserves his spot.
Once again Hunt is out shone by the opposition. His kicking is rushed and definitely non threatening. God i hope we swap him at seasons end-week in week out he's outplayed.
I cant believe how it seems every week luck goers against us.The bounce of the ball went perfectly for the Bulldogs the same as it did for the Rorters on Anzac Day. Surely our luck has to change eventually.
Tonight was hard to watch as we went to another almighty loss again.Its so hard to watch us just fall apart every second match and im sure no-one knows how to fix it.
I'll watch some junior rugby league over the weekend and watch kids who all want to play for all the match.At least that cheers me up
Agree with most of what you said, but JDB and Lomax were giving blood last night. Their efforts were enormous. If the other 15 players put in like those two do every game....we probably hardly ever lose.

Old Timer

Coach
Our worst right now is worse than the last three coaches. That’s pure observation. We just stop tackling and quickly let the score blow out.

I don’t know if there is something in that about the approach but you can tell the talent and belief is not there. Other times we look more like a proper team.

Flanagan already talking about coaches get sacked with performances like. He is under no illusion but really the club should be coming to his aid and helping to get the right talent to the club. Until then we will mostly go in circles.
S F allowed himself to be compromised by having the very clueless D Y appointed as Snr assistant coach

Having done so S F only has himself to blame for the tragic losses we incur.

Unless he grows some balls and flicks Young he will never have control of the team and if he doesn’t get control his tenure is doomed.

maestro1

Bench
We desperately need 2 big dog enforcers and a hell of a lot more speed. Unfortunately for Flanno our recruitment guys before Flanno came haven't done anything about getting these two commodities into our club. We've needed leader front rowers forever and we kept on letting all our speedy juniors go. Always buying bargain basement has beens or never weres. Hook only recruited players he'd already had some success with, but the fxckers all came with Zimmer frames. Millward and Haran have been an absolute nightmare shit show and couldn't recruit shit. Flanno needs Peter O'Sullivan ..... Yesterday.

But......... I feel this will definitely change, just a little slower than first thought. This IS NOT Flannos team, yet. That is coming and I'll reserve performance appraise Flanno once he builds HIS team. Remember, 90% of this team was built by Hook, Millward and Haran. I wouldn't want to be relying on any of those fxckers to even do an adequate job.
Worst fxcking recruitment team in the history of NRL.

Last edited:
I’m certainly not solely blaming Hunt for last night however, he is our captain and bears much responsibility, even if just his inability to hold the team together in adversity.

I Read this in a Bronco’s thread from 2015

‘Thing about Hunt is he is much different than the other halfs running around in the comp. He strength is running the ball, and he can actually beat players because he is strong and quick. His organising/passing/kicking game is no where near the other top shelf players. But this is only his second year at halfback so he has time to improve for sure.’

9 Years later – Nothing has changed but commentators consistently blow smoke up his arse quoting his try assists and being the only player of attacking value in the Dragons.

This just validates, in Hunt’s mind, that he is a marquee talent who can do no wrong.

What he requires is a size 12 boot up his arse!

since77

Juniors
As usual our team goes out into a game that should be completely winnable and turns in a performance like that.....
Once again we make a bog average player look like a superstar. This time it's Kiraz FFS. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.... But I've seen it so many times before.....

First game this year I think the coach needs to be given a portion of the blame for the loss.

There was time early in that second half for Flanno to at least try to stem the bleeding and move Lomax to the centres and get Eisenhuth out of there. If a clown like me sitting on the couch can see it why can't / won't he?
Bet you we won't hear a peep about all of those refereeing howlers. That sideline tackle penalty was disgraceful. Kikau forward pass with the referee right in line????
Compare Burton's kicking game to "Marquee Halfback" Hunts.....
Given up complaining about Lawrie, apparently he's deemed to be first grade standard.....
Why did it take so long for Fa'amanu Brown to get onto the field when the team were clearly fatigued??

I give up. Looking forward to seeing same team roll around next week with Bird strapped up and his ankle hanging off in the centres, Lawrie killing any hope of momentum in the middle and Hunt's under 8 kicking game on display.
Make sure we leave those Couchmans with their stellar stats in reserve grade too. We certainly don't need any young blood or enthusiasm in our team do we?

maestro1

Bench
I’m certainly not solely blaming Hunt for last night however, he is our captain and bears much responsibility, even if just his inability to hold the team together in adversity.

I Read this in a Bronco’s thread from 2015

‘Thing about Hunt is he is much different than the other halfs running around in the comp. He strength is running the ball, and he can actually beat players because he is strong and quick. His organising/passing/kicking game is no where near the other top shelf players. But this is only his second year at halfback so he has time to improve for sure.’

9 Years later – Nothing has changed but commentators consistently blow smoke up his arse quoting his try assists and being the only player of attacking value in the Dragons.

This just validates, in Hunt’s mind, that he is a marquee talent who can do no wrong.

What he requires is a size 12 boot up his arse!
No, what he requires is the number 9 on his back.