What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

Dragon David

First Grade
S F allowed himself to be compromised by having the very clueless D Y appointed as Snr assistant coach

Having done so S F only has himself to blame for the tragic losses we incur.

Unless he grows some balls and flicks Young he will never have control of the team and if he doesn’t get control his tenure is doomed.
Yes, 100% OT. DY has not improved our defence in fact it is worse. He has to go there is no two ways about it, just flick him please.

justadragon

Bench
We can say what we like about our first half last night, yes we were leading 12-6 but we always looked fragile and one dimensional. What happened to when a team mate goes down the rest of the team bonds together and wins the game for him. I guarantee you that even if we had not lost Bird as soon as we were 10 points down, it was game over, we just dont have that leader that can take us there. Take the captaincy off Hunt and give it to Sua. Why is it that our marquee 300 game half can be out played at any stage by any other teams half, including rookies, I think someone had mentioned that Sexton had played for the Dogs for 26min this season, that is f$%king ordinary on Hunt's behalf. We should never have a national TV slot again until we can prove that we are competitive, everytime we have been a complete embarrassment. The only good thing about last night was the Swans were playing against the Dogs in the AFL, that red and white team won whilst the other was embarrassing itself.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
We desperately need 2 big dog enforcers and a hell of a lot more speed. Unfortunately for Flanno our recruitment guys before Flanno came haven't done anything about getting these two commodities into our club. We've needed leader front rowers forever and we kept on letting all our speedy juniors go. Always buying bargain basement has beens or never weres. Hook only recruited players he'd already had some success with, but the fxckers all came with Zimmer frames. Millward and Haran have been an absolute nightmare shit show and couldn't recruit shit. Flanno needs Peter O'Sullivan ..... Yesterday.

But......... I feel this will definitely change, just a little slower than first thought. This IS NOT Flannos team, yet. That is coming and I'll reserve performance appraise Flanno once he builds HIS team. Remember, 90% of this team was built by Hook, Millward and Haran. I wouldn't want to be relying on any of those fxckers to even do an adequate job.
Worst fxcking recruitment team in the history of NRL.
Spot on Maestro1. We people on this Forum have constantly said what this club needs for yonks but its the same every year for too long. The club needs to get things sorted quick smart. Sign O'Sullivan at all costs, flick Dean Young and get some bloody good players for a change - get rid of plenty and do the Dogs act and bugger the salary cap.

Phantom V

Juniors
Really disappointed with last night. First half was good defensively but the dogs had the better of the yardage battle. Some bad calls by the officials really put us on the back foot and we never recovered. Also have to question Flanno’s decision to have Eisenhuth on the left after what happened against the Rorters.
JDB was our best by a country mile. Ran great lines and found his feet quickly which allowed us to get a roll on. Also did a lot of cleaning up around the middle.
If there was ever a time to promote either one or both Couchmans it’s now.

maestro1

Bench
Spot on Maestro1. We people on this Forum have constantly said what this club needs for yonks but its the same every year for too long. The club needs to get things sorted quick smart. Sign O'Sullivan at all costs, flick Dean Young and get some bloody good players for a change - get rid of plenty and do the Dogs act and bugger the salary cap.
Do you guys remember as far back as Willie Mason playing for the Knights laughing at our forwards. Our lack of leader, brutal, rip your head off front rowers is a decade old problem. Millward, Haran, numerous coaches and our fxcking useless board have done jack shit about addressing our most OBVIOUS problems. Jack Debelin is the closest thing we have and unfortunately for him he is carrying this role on his Pat Malone. He needs help and the board and past recruitment team have sat on their fxcking hands.

Dragon David

First Grade
As usual our team goes out into a game that should be completely winnable and turns in a performance like that.....
Once again we make a bog average player look like a superstar. This time it's Kiraz FFS. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.... But I've seen it so many times before.....

First game this year I think the coach needs to be given a portion of the blame for the loss.

There was time early in that second half for Flanno to at least try to stem the bleeding and move Lomax to the centres and get Eisenhuth out of there. If a clown like me sitting on the couch can see it why can't / won't he?
Bet you we won't hear a peep about all of those refereeing howlers. That sideline tackle penalty was disgraceful. Kikau forward pass with the referee right in line????
Compare Burton's kicking game to "Marquee Halfback" Hunts.....
Given up complaining about Lawrie, apparently he's deemed to be first grade standard.....
Why did it take so long for Fa'amanu Brown to get onto the field when the team were clearly fatigued??

I give up. Looking forward to seeing same team roll around next week with Bird strapped up and his ankle hanging off in the centres, Lawrie killing any hope of momentum in the middle and Hunt's under 8 kicking game on display.
Make sure we leave those Couchmans with their stellar stats in reserve grade too. We certainly don't need any young blood or enthusiasm in our team do we?
Everything angers me so much. What is happening to our useless coaches? Can't they see the problems that we see? Couldn't Flanno see where our weakness was when Bird went off. Put Lomax back to centre, bring in Brown - just so obvious but he didn't have the sense to do that.

I can't wait for this season to end now. Just this one game (against the club I really despise) has made me so disappointed and the next 8 games will be so tough for our useless team.

I honestly don't think we will win too many more games this year. Flanno needs to try other players, give them more experience, experiment, try different things but please make sure we actually sign decent players for 2025 and beyond if you want to keep your job Flanno.

Lastly, we haven't received value for money by signing Hame Sele - out again and I suspect very injury prone and he isn't much chop as a player anyway.

But......... I feel this will definitely change, just a little slower than first thought. This IS NOT Flannos team, yet. That is coming and I'll reserve performance appraise Flanno once he builds HIS team. Remember, 90% of this team was built by Hook, Millward and Haran. I wouldn't want to be relying on any of those fxckers to even do an adequate job.
Worst fxcking recruitment team in the history of NRL.
Kyle
Sele
Brown
Leilua
Marshcke
Eisenhuth
RFM

All brought in by Flannagan. 6 or 7 players out of 17 is far more than 10% if we are doing stats but I do take your point. He will want to make major signings in the background but prospects are looking ugly.

If we were 8-3 we’d be giving the coach credit so he has to be somewhat answerable for some of these dud recruits. Most of them are fillers. Not what we need at all.

Remember the talk around Mary hasn’t got his players he wants dragging on for 3 or 4 years. Got the same vibe atm but I suppose we just have to sit back again and wait.

Old Timer

Coach
Kyle
Sele
Brown
Leilua
Marshcke
Eisenhuth
RFM

All brought in by Flannagan. 6 or 7 players out of 17 is far more than 10% if we are doing stats but I do take your point. He will want to make major signings in the background but prospects are looking ugly.

If we were 8-3 we’d be giving the coach credit so he has to be somewhat answerable for some of these dud recruits. Most of them are fillers. Not what we need at all.

Remember the talk around Mary hasn’t got his players he wants dragging on for 3 or 4 years. Got the same vibe atm but I suppose we just have to sit back again and wait.
You forgot the very tall slow coach winger from Manly

Dragon David

First Grade
We can say what we like about our first half last night, yes we were leading 12-6 but we always looked fragile and one dimensional. What happened to when a team mate goes down the rest of the team bonds together and wins the game for him. I guarantee you that even if we had not lost Bird as soon as we were 10 points down, it was game over, we just dont have that leader that can take us there. Take the captaincy off Hunt and give it to Sua. Why is it that our marquee 300 game half can be out played at any stage by any other teams half, including rookies, I think someone had mentioned that Sexton had played for the Dogs for 26min this season, that if f$%king ordinary on Hunt's behalf. We should never have a national TV slot again until we can prove that we are competitive, everytime we have been a complete embarrassment. The only good thing about last night was the Swans were playing against the Dogs in the AFL, that red and white team won whilst the other was embarrassing itself.
Shane Flanagan just doesn't have the answers as he knows that our squad is shit and there is not enough dog fight in them. Winning is the aim and you don't give up fighting to the end - captain and coach not doing much to get this in the minds of the stupid players we have. We have players starting to look at the other side of the fence where they think the grass is greener and some players recently signed knowing that they will still get paid good money and go through the motions.

What skills do the majority of our players possess? Do they even think before they do anything? Where is the fight in the guys gone? When there is adversity they crumble. Hunt needs to gee them up.

The Swans have more fighting spirit at the moment and good luck to them and great to see.

maestro1

Bench
Kyle
Sele
Brown
Leilua
Marshcke
Eisenhuth
RFM

4 of them are on 1 or 2 year deals and we're brought in to replace plodders like Mbye who was released. Remember he still had to have 30 players under NRL rules and these guys were pretty good 1 year pickups until he could build HIS team. Do you really think that Eisunhuth, Brown, RFM, Brown, Marske and even his son are in HIS team in the next 2 or 3 years? I still stand by the 90% .

1. Sloan - might still be around
2. Lomax - Gone
3. Suli - will be around
4. Bird - Gone??
5. Rava - Gone?
6. Kyle - kept but in a backup, utility role.
7. Hunt - Still here for 2 more seasons
8. Molo - Probably still are
9. Liddle - replaced
10. Hame Sele - unsure, injuries to determine
11. Eisunhuth - Gone
12. Sua - Still around
13. JdB - year to year deal
14. Brown - gone
15. Lawrie - gone
16. RFM - gone
17. Luc - still around

Dragon David

First Grade
Do you guys remember as far back as Willie Mason playing for the Knights laughing at our forwards. Our lack of leader, brutal, rip your head off front rowers is a decade old problem. Millward, Haran, numerous coaches and our fxcking useless board have done jack shit about addressing our most OBVIOUS problems. Jack Debelin is the closest thing we have and unfortunately for him he is carrying this role on his Pat Malone. He needs help and the board and past recruitment team have sat on their fxcking hands.
Yes I remember Willie laughing at us and saying how soft our forwards were. We are still the same so the laughing continues unabated. JDB has always put in and if all of the othe players had his attitude, then we might be better off. He has to be kept for at least a couple more years. Don't quibble over a couple of years and his asking price, just give him the two years at a good payment.

I truly am doubting Flanno's ability to get this team playing good footy consistently. It is going to get even tougher now going into the second half of the season and Flqnno needs to get the whips cracking and get the guys to play the best they can without failure.

I am seething!!! Flanagan must now make changes. The Finau brothers had blinders in ressies, Haele showing Brown how to turn round a defense with many dummy half darts, while Sione is one of the clubs best finishers, bagging a triple yesterday and was a constant danger. The Couchmans have been stand outs every week, specially Toby and Alec Tuitavake deserves a promotion.

Last edited:

Latest posts