What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

No, he's just always been absolute mud.
Crap. He was our second best metre eater against the Rabbits, has regularly exceeded 100m a game and always does his fair share of defense. The work load does depend on mins played and time in possession. For a little prop he brings a big effort to every game.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Losing Sele and Bird certainly did not help and the red calls were something Saints should be used to by now especially if Kasey or Belinda are involved in their games.

1st half was great 2nd was a debacle. This was tuly a game of 2 halves. Flanno did well not to blame refs or injuries. Players should wake up to themselves. I would play that 2nd half to them 20 times next week to show how embarrassing there were. They need to really wake up to themselves if they think they can dish up rubbish like that for the 5 games our of 6 they got flogged. And it is only round 12 FFS. Lucky Sharks took it easy on Saints with an eye on the Roosters game.

Lomax and JDB were the only ones that played with heart. Sulli and Liddle were stars in the 1st half but stayed in the sheds second half.

Flanno made a comment about coaches not lasting long with games like that which I hope he starts realising and makes some masive changes. Flanno will make changes. Maershke for Hunt (forced because of Origin) and Tiopolou for Lomax (if selected) or Bird injured. I cannot see any other changes based on form. If Flanno fails here it may be his last as an NRL coach so he has alot on the line and playing favourites will cost him if he does not make the big calls. He made Ciraldo look like an immortal last night when all he did was make it easy for him as soon as he moved Eisenhuth to centre.

When Bird recovers he should easily be put on the bench to cover backrow and centre spots and Lomax moved back to centre or another centre from reggies should be promoted. That is now evident after 2 games of Eisenhuth at centre. I thought Brown was brought in to cover multiple spots not just hooker? Even he would have been better at centre I feel. Much fresher than Eisenhuth.

Next 2 games will be Penrith depleted team and Tigers. Not sure what we can expect from this. If Tigers lose next 2 they will bounce back into form against Saints. And if Panthers lose to SHarks this week which is possible can you see them losing 3 in a row? Nah.

Looking forward to this time next week when Hunt will be in the news wanting to move to Qld whilst in Origin camp.

Newcomerfan01

Juniors
JDB always puts in, contract hunting or not. Sua was not used effectively and imo a big mistake moving him to the right. I dont remember ben hunt even passing him the ball once in the second half. Another mistake moving Suli to the right later on in the game. Keep them both on the left where it has been working for weeks.

Hunt needs to rally his troops when things are not going well. IMO he does not do this well enough and our results are showing in games that get away from us. Heads go down and stay there.

rasaint

Juniors
Last night it all went to mud after Bird was injured. Up until then (1 st half) the dogs looked to be going better but we were defending pretty well and counter punched ok. Got out of trouble with penalties going our way and scored a good backline try. Dogs had 2 or 3 of 6 agains and jagged a 50/ 50 try by offside Burton. One for them.

Second half we were terrible. The normally reliable tradesman Eisenhuth was poor second half ( I think 3 weak jumper grabs made him look like a turnstile ). Blake Lauwrie is a courageous player but really a fringe NRL player. He lacks impact fullstop and always has.

Yep, I believe the Xerri into touch was a ref square up; probably thought he had been too tough on dogs with our into touch penalty? It was a shocker decision. Yes also kikau forward pass , Eisenhuth bowled over, Penalties, 6 again and soft sin bin. However, overall the dogs far to good.

Yet don’t be surprised if we beat Panthers hahaha!

justadragon

Bench
What was also disappointing from last night was the effort we got from Leilua, very poor, and I dont think he has had a breakout game for us at all, I'm starting to think the money we spent on him could have been a mistake. He is unfit and regularly goes missing in the game.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Shud blame himself for not putting the cleaners thru us when we conceded 60 a few games back. I totally blame him for our present deplorable state. He is another Hook.
After that game he gave them a chance and they lost to Sharks (Competition leaders) by 10 and beat Souths. So he did get some reaction by giving them a chance for reprieve. Last night hopefully was the last straw and no more chances. Lets wait and see. He seems nervous now mentioning "Coaches get sacked with that performance" line.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Posted this at 9:19pm last light.
"
22-12 now, so too hard to turn it around now. 20 minutes to go, but I'm not going to lay into the boys. One day the tide will turn and we'll get our revenge.
Still proud of them no matter what."

........and nothings changed. I'm not going to kick them when their down. Dogs had their night. Still a manufactured side with made-up history from a shit part of Sydney. I know I once lived there.
Good on you for your loyalty 4me but seriously someone needs kicking we have been down since Bennett left, what's that 14 years ago.....we all hate losing no more so than me but the tides been out for so long now we have to wonder if it's ever going to come in....it's not so much our losses which happens to everyone at some stage but the way we lose, we now get absolutely flogged................just when you think the tide as you put it has turned we get our hopes raised to know avail.......in fairness to last night we copped a shit end of the stick with officialdom at vital stages that was evident to all that watched the game, akso our injuries didn't help ......having said that someone mentioned on here last evening we are a real Jeckl and Hyde turn out and that pretty well says it all.....we never know what character or characters have turned up........like myself and most on here over the years I have been very critical of our coaching appointments since Bennett and before Flanno (Price, McGregor Hook) but we can't keep laying blame on their shortcomings week in week out....certainly a lot is justified that's a given, but there's something sadly amiss within the walls of our dressing room and our club in general

Phantom V

Juniors
I
Shane Flanagan just doesn't have the answers as he knows that our squad is shit and there is not enough dog fight in them. Winning is the aim and you don't give up fighting to the end - captain and coach not doing much to get this in the minds of the stupid players we have. We have players starting to look at the other side of the fence where they think the grass is greener and some players recently signed knowing that they will still get paid good money and go through the motions.

What skills do the majority of our players possess? Do they even think before they do anything? Where is the fight in the guys gone? When there is adversity they crumble. Hunt needs to gee them up.

The Swans have more fighting spirit at the moment and good luck to them and great to see.
I share your frustration DD. I think Flanno is implementing a good no nonsense game plan but what’s becoming obvious is we don’t have the body types to carry it out week in week out.

shiloh dc

Juniors
What was also disappointing from last night was the effort we got from Leilua, very poor, and I dont think he has had a breakout game for us at all, I'm starting to think the money we spent on him could have been a mistake. He is unfit and regularly goes missing in the game.
Leilua's signing was always going to be a mistake. Firstly, we already had fringe attacking backrowers. Secondly he is mistake prone and poorly disciplined and finally he has never played to his potential.
He is worth 400K - 450K (not 600K). One only had to see Braith Anasta's reaction on NRL 360 to know we overpaid.
Best result would be to trade him to the Super League.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
S F allowed himself to be compromised by having the very clueless D Y appointed as Snr assistant coach

Having done so S F only has himself to blame for the tragic losses we incur.

Unless he grows some balls and flicks Young he will never have control of the team and if he doesn’t get control his tenure is doomed.

Yes, 100% OT. DY has not improved our defence in fact it is worse. He has to go there is no two ways about it, just flick him please.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
I get you don’t like Flanno and have been against his appointment like a rabid dog. That’s cool, your prerogative, but not sure what you expect a horse trainer to get out of a dead horse.

This isn’t his roster. He hasn’t build shit yet.

You seem to think he should be able to turn water into wine or he is rubbish.

It’s difficult to soar like an eagle when your surrounded by turkeys

I'm Hornby

Juniors
4 of them are on 1 or 2 year deals and we're brought in to replace plodders like Mbye who was released. Remember he still had to have 30 players under NRL rules and these guys were pretty good 1 year pickups until he could build HIS team. Do you really think that Eisunhuth, Brown, RFM, Brown, Marske and even his son are in HIS team in the next 2 or 3 years? I still stand by the 90% .

1. Sloan - might still be around
2. Lomax - Gone
3. Suli - will be around
4. Bird - Gone??
5. Rava - Gone?
6. Kyle - kept but in a backup, utility role.
7. Hunt - Still here for 2 more seasons
8. Molo - Probably still are
9. Liddle - replaced
10. Hame Sele - unsure, injuries to determine
11. Eisunhuth - Gone
12. Sua - Still around
13. JdB - year to year deal
14. Brown - gone
15. Lawrie - gone
16. RFM - gone
17. Luc - still around
You've been statistically proven wrong and then you get all hypothetical in your argument, mate. What rubbish, Flanagan will keep the majority of these players as he won't be able to lure any better names to the club.

If you're willing to reserve judgement on him great, no need to continue your flimsy Blake Lawrie like defences of him whenever someone critiques him.

Latest posts