What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

maestro1

Bench
Losing this game hurt more than Anzac Day (for me anyway). This "team" love an excuse. An excuse to give up.

The Raiders were in a similar situation last week and you could see them fighting and doing everything to win the game. Where's our fighting spirit? We having nothing.

I get we were down to 15 but this loss is on the players AND coaches. We are fragile and if something goes against them (injury/penalty), they go to water.
Eisunhuth has a lot of strengths and upside which have been discussed ( quick play the balls, leadership, lots of tackles with usually low misses, etc). One of those strengths is NOT defending in the centres.

Dragon David

First Grade
What was also disappointing from last night was the effort we got from Leilua, very poor, and I dont think he has had a breakout game for us at all, I'm starting to think the money we spent on him could have been a mistake. He is unfit and regularly goes missing in the game.
Poor purchase is what I think plus one or two of the others (Sele maybe? He seems to be injury prone). The question has top be asked of many of our players - Do you want to win? If you do then smarten up and play tough if not, then piss off!!

Dragon David

First Grade
It shouldn't matter who he follows. How did this nuffy get so big for his boots. Did he ever laced a boot on. Where is his power coming from? Who is his sponsor. Doust should fxcking make it personal and have the prxck reprimanded for his utter unprofessionalism. It isn't an isolated event with Vossyv and us.
I am totally surprised that Vossy is saying stuff anti Dragons. He would be great mates with Flanno as Flanno and he were co broadcasters when Flanno was doing Fox stuff. Maybe it is all tongue in cheek stuff to get Flanno to get the team firing?

Old Timer

Coach
Players were praising Deano for his effort in the off season. So, with respect, your assumption is way off kilter. Flanagan is the fly in the ointment, it is either his way or no way. Surprised he even allows Deano in the coaches box.
Not at all surprised they would do that re D Y
Their praise has heralded in a new level of mediocrity in defence and they still get picked every week and some get to keep their spare tyres as well.
The losses are shambolic to the point of downright embarrassing and the wins are merely a false Dawn.
The head coach is a fraud and the senior assistant and defence coach an even bigger one.
At least 8 signings by S F and all are cast offs from other clubs trying to improve their rosters.

Dragon David

First Grade
FLanaghan is a broken man…. Close to tears last night in press conference…. Would not be surprised to see him walk…. He didn’t look well
You can really see the strain on his dial. Only 12 rounds and the toll could be too much as I don't think he can see any light at the end of the tunnel. Lost out big time with Lomax wanting to leave, cannot get decent payers to join, knows that his assistants are shit, trying his best to keep Kyle employed which adds to the pressure, waiting to get a good recruiter to join with Millard not returning and if it is O'Sullivan that he is after but fails, that will be a big kick in his guts as well.

The squad isn't really fully what he wants. We need sturdy speedy backs, strong props, good defenders and players who don't give up at the slightest setback. A massive improvement in Defence and Attack and getting the Right Players - three things that are essential for us to be any chance next year and years after. Same story, different year.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
You can really see the strain on his dial. Only 12 rounds and the toll could be too much as I don't think he can see any light at the end of the tunnel. Lost out big time with Lomax wanting to leave, cannot get decent payers to join, knows that his assistants are shit, trying his best to keep Kyle employed which adds to the pressure, waiting to get a good recruiter to join with Millard not returning and if it is O'Sullivan that he is after but fails, that will be a big kick in his guts as well.

The squad isn't really fully what he wants. We need sturdy speedy backs, strong props, good defenders and players who don't give up at the slightest setback. A massive improvement in Defence and Attack and getting the Right Players - three things that are essential for us to be any chance next year and years after. Same story, different year.
Trouble is none of this is going to happen unless we get a professional sports management and administration team running our club. Until then we have to plod along with the same mix of old boys and hanger-ons. Players and player-managers can see it's an amateur production in a professional competition.

Just to add to what i said last night- Lomax and De Belin are our 2 best players , but they both have mistakes in them that are costing us dearly. De Belin still has problems holding the ball- his loss last night cost us a try. Lomaxs stupid professional foul cost us plenty. We couldn't defend with only 12 players that close to the end.
Its great to be our best defender and best attacker, but surely giving away points with stupid mistakes has got to stop. Theyve both had this problem for years now, and it hasn't been addressed. I cant fault either for effort, but please- stop the silly small things that cost us big time.
And on review the refs/ sideline were worse than i thought. Surely someone at the top needs to have a meeting with the NRL to discuss this. Im getting sick of the dud calls week in , week out. Reminds me of Anzac Day all over again

Just to add to what i said last night- Lomax and De Belin are our 2 best players , but they both have mistakes in them that are costing us dearly. De Belin still has problems holding the ball- his loss last night cost us a try. Lomaxs stupid professional foul cost us plenty. We couldn't defend with only 12 players that close to the end.
Its great to be our best defender and best attacker, but surely giving away points with stupid mistakes has got to stop. Theyve both had this problem for years now, and it hasn't been addressed. I cant fault either for effort, but please- stop the silly small things that cost us big time.
And on review the refs/ sideline were worse than i thought. Surely someone at the top needs to have a meeting with the NRL to discuss this. Im getting sick of the dud calls week in , week out. Reminds me of Anzac Day all over again
I think De Belin is well worth having but the big minutes are gone, hence the year by year lower contract.

Off the bench he has had massive impact coming on after the softening up period.

Unfortunately his errors are mostly when under fatigue (long minutes) even though he's still giving all he's got.

denis preston

First Grade
So what are the chances that flanno actually makes some changes after another embarrassing loss?

Surely some of the juniors in NSW cup get a chance, Rava.. Lawrie need to be dropped. Lomax needs a reality check.. hes not as good as he thinks he is.
Just saw the presser, he gave every indication that changes would be made & not just for Bird. Almost said he would be an idiot if he kept the same players expecting a different result. He looked shot. He has shown loyalty to all players and some have repaid it by putting pressure on the coach. If he doesn’t at least introduce one or 2 Couchman , well he will come down on my estimation of him.

TheRev

First Grade
Theyre saying Suaalii has the wing spot also, so Lomax likely to still be here next week.. I think Zac played himself out of the spot if it was close, though tbf I thought the sinbin was very harsh and the penalty was a bit unlucky.. the defender barely left the ground and did it at the last second when zac had his head down for the tackle.

TheRev

First Grade
Yeah he was just as gutted as we all were, and he had to face the media. I'd hate be judged on a weekly basis in my profession, but that's the life of a 1st grade coach. I still have faith in him and it is going to be a long journey back.
100% Hey.. that press conference is very cruel for the losing coach/captain. Still unsure why Ben wasnt with him last night.