What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

Dragon David

First Grade
I normally settle down after a loss quite quickly as my love of rugby league as a game has reduced overtime due to the way both the game and unfortunately our club are run.
However I'm still livid as when we lose this year we just give up.
And its the Dogs.
I believe I have mentioned it before but I hate the bulldogs more than any other club.
Same here ST and I have mentioned this so many times that my hate for that club is now even deeper. In a way, that club has turned me off rugby league, thats how much I despise them.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yeah I saw it mate.

I feel for him be sent out to a presser alone. If our Captain wasn't ( for whatever reason ) available, then surely the a senior member of the squad should have been there. It was embarrassing.
Yes mate I felt for Flanno tbh....and as you say surely someone could have sat next to him......let's hope these big losses don't persuade him to go.....one reason is we don't want to start over yet again because personally I think he's still got something to offer and secondly please forbid if Young takes the reins

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes mate I felt for Flanno tbh....and as you say surely someone could have sat next to him......let's hope these big losses don't persuade him to go.....one reason is we don't want to start over yet again because personally I think he's still got something to offer and secondly please forbid if Young takes the reins
If Flanno gives up on us then heaven help this god forsaken club!!

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
He obviously needs help, where are we up to with appointing a recruitment manager? Why has it all gone so quiet regarding O’Sullivan? What’s happened to the COE? Are we still waiting for council?The club moves at a glacial pace.

If flanno leaves and young takes over, I’m done with league altogether. If they allowed McGregor 7 years as coach to ruin the club, they will surely give Young at least 10 years, if the club lasts that long of course.

How those Gordon’s are running a billion dollar business yet can’t get a lil old footy team to be at least competitive is truly baffling.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
He obviously needs help, where are we up to with appointing a recruitment manager? Why has it all gone so quiet regarding O’Sullivan? What’s happened to the COE? Are we still waiting for council?The club moves at a glacial pace.

If flanno leaves and young takes over, I’m done with league altogether. If they allowed McGregor 7 years as coach to ruin the club, they will surely give Young at least 10 years, if the club lasts that long of course.

How those Gordon’s are running a billion dollar business yet can’t get a lil old footy team to be at least competitive is truly baffling.
Gordons have not put a cent into the club since buying there 49% share and paying out the debts, they dont seem interested one bit, surely they know businesses to prop signings etc

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I think that it is a big leap in speculation to have a justifiably upset coach Flanno at a press conference after the rubbish 2nd half his team just dished up to having him quit and DY take over! Flanno wants to be a head coach. He got the job and has possibly 2.5 more years to get an extension. I'm predicting he won't let players get in the way of his ambition and the deadwood will be gotten rid of as soon as possible. Time to give some youth and enthusiasm a go in place of some hasbeens. I'm looking forward to Team List Tuesday!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I think that it is a big leap in speculation to have a justifiably upset coach Flanno at a press conference after the rubbish 2nd half his team just dished up to having him quit and DY take over! Flanno wants to be a head coach. He got the job and has possibly 2.5 more years to get an extension. I'm predicting he won't let players get in the way of his ambition and the deadwood will be gotten rid of as soon as possible. Time to give some youth and enthusiasm a go in place of some hasbeens. I'm looking forward to Team List Tuesday!
Trouble is Flanno has had the opportunity to drop players before now, and he hasn't. The only player he's really dropped has been Marschke, who got demoted after he brought Brown to the side. I'm predicting this weeks Team List Tuesday will be the same as last weeks Team List Tuesday, except for injuries or suspensions.

jeffdragon

Bench
Same here ST and I have mentioned this so many times that my hate for that club is now even deeper. In a way, that club has turned me off rugby league, thats how much I despise them.
Me too lads.
This many bullshit interpretations of Raffertys Rules.
Like Preston on Eisenhuth and Addo Carr flop and not given.
And the have and have not"s.
We have been te have not's for too long.
Can't sign any decent players from other clubs.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
If dropping players after loosing was always the answer then every team that lost a game would follow that strategy

you hear coaches in many sports say if they don’t have injuries at the beginning the season they tend to give experienced players the best chance to succeed and the emerging players time in reserves so that when they get picked they are really ready and can stay in the team

flano had to get the few lower top30 players ready via NSW cup and back the experienced players he had from last year and recruited

If we beat the Dogs he would have been right.

6 wins from 11 games would have been about where we are at.

probably wanted to get past the Penrith game next week before bringing in too many young guys.

Now there is an immediate opportunity for a prop and maybe even another prop and second rower

I’d say two changes would be enough next week for players that haven’t played FG this year

or is picking youth against the panthers throwing lamb to the lions and setting the kids up to fail ?

Christian for Birdy
Toby Couchman for Sele
Tuitavake for Lawrie ?

Parko1310

Juniors
If dropping players after loosing was always the answer then every team that lost a game would follow that strategy

you hear coaches in many sports say if they don’t have injuries at the beginning the season they tend to give experienced players the best chance to succeed and the emerging players time in reserves so that when they get picked they are really ready and can stay in the team

flano had to get the few lower top30 players ready via NSW cup and back the experienced players he had from last year and recruited

If we beat the Dogs he would have been right.

6 wins from 11 games would have been about where we are at.

probably wanted to get past the Penrith game next week before bringing in too many young guys.

Now there is an immediate opportunity for a prop and maybe even another prop and second rower

I’d say two changes would be enough next week for players that haven’t played FG this year

Christian for Birdy
Toby Couchman for Sele
Tuitavake for Lawrie ?
He won't bring in two young front rowers at once. Based on what we've seen so far, there won't be many changes at all. It'll be BMM in for Sele, Tuipolotu in for Bird. No other changes. If he was to theoretically bring in two props and drop Lawrie, you'd think BMM would still be one of those and probably T Couchman the other

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I 've been looking forward to Team List Tuesday since the Bennett years......but when it's announced I don't look forward to Wednesdays and the rest of the week

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Me too lads.
This many bullshit interpretations of Raffertys Rules.
Like Preston on Eisenhuth and Addo Carr flop and not given.
And the have and have not"s.
We have been te have not's for too long.
Can't sign any decent players from other clubs.
And we won't sign decent players Jeff if we keep getting flogged the way we are.....players from other clubs will come if there's signs of growth advancement and general improvement across the board

Latest posts