What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

Gippsy

Bench
Yes, we were rubbish in the second half, but we had something like 25% possession. The boys were absolutely gassed, and everything was compounded by the ref giving everything the dogs way.

Make no mistake, that was a hatchet job on us in the second half. No penalties, no 6 agains, tries being allowed when they shouldn't have been, a heap of dodgy calls. It was like someone got in the refs ear and told him that Dogs didn't get a penalty in the first half and that the Dragons are crap and should not be winning.

Mojo

Bench
I’m certainly not solely blaming Hunt for last night however, he is our captain and bears much responsibility, even if just his inability to hold the team together in adversity.

I Read this in a Bronco’s thread from 2015

‘Thing about Hunt is he is much different than the other halfs running around in the comp. He strength is running the ball, and he can actually beat players because he is strong and quick. His organising/passing/kicking game is no where near the other top shelf players. But this is only his second year at halfback so he has time to improve for sure.’

9 Years later – Nothing has changed but commentators consistently blow smoke up his arse quoting his try assists and being the only player of attacking value in the Dragons.

This just validates, in Hunt’s mind, that he is a marquee talent who can do no wrong.

What he requires is a size 12 boot up his arse!
He’s always been hugely overrated IMO.

maestro1

Bench
For us to get someone we need to pay overs
For them they pay overs but also offer a chance to live in civilisation.

It is really not that hard.
"Civilisation "......bloody hell, you make Wollongong sound like Mars. Give me the beaches, forest and parks of Wollongong over the shithole, congested crap of Sydney.
Plenty of your compatriots moving here by the thousands.

and I'll add that I live in the Illawarra and have supported the St George Dragons since 1970, but the streets of Sydney are ugly.

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I think that it is a big leap in speculation to have a justifiably upset coach Flanno at a press conference after the rubbish 2nd half his team just dished up to having him quit and DY take over! Flanno wants to be a head coach. He got the job and has possibly 2.5 more years to get an extension. I'm predicting he won't let players get in the way of his ambition and the deadwood will be gotten rid of as soon as possible. Time to give some youth and enthusiasm a go in place of some hasbeens. I'm looking forward to Team List Tuesday!
He said if you keep naming the same team you won't last long as a coach. He also mentioned the reggies boys when asked about Tui playing next week and said there were some kids that played well (Finau, Marschke, Couchman?). I'm hoping we see change for the Penrith game because players like RFM aren't cutting it. Lawrie was better but still just so ineffective.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Canberra just did a Saints in the second half against the Roosters, but the common taters at F*x didn't rub their noses in it in the celebratory manner that Andrew Voss did to us on Thursday. It gives me the sh*ts.
Voss was a pain the arse when we played The Dogs.....I'm not sure who pisses me off most him or Warren Smith

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Beats me how the Tigers add good players after a couple of spoons. Yet they are leaving us in the shade
They're starting to resemble a professional set up.

For one they have Richardson as head of recruitment.

Secondly they have a charismatic head coach who is a very well respected legend of the game. He is genuinely a good human being and you'd be hard out finding anyone saying a bad word about him.

In comparison, we have no professional set up, is our head of recruitment Haran, Millward or the sick guy who's name escapes me? Or do we let Flanno do that now because he is an experienced coach?

We also have a dodgy coach who has shown by his past misdemeanors that his morals are questionable at best. He was never a legend of the game and he seems to be on par with our BOD when it comes to Nepotism.

Hopefully that paints a clearer picture as to why the Tigers are signing decent players and we're not.

Dragons4me

Juniors
They're starting to resemble a professional set up.

For one they have Richardson as head of recruitment.

Secondly they have a charismatic head coach who is a very well respected legend of the game. He is genuinely a good human being and you'd be hard out finding anyone saying a bad word about him.

In comparison, we have no professional set up, is our head of recruitment Haran, Millward or the sick guy who's name escapes me? Or do we let Flanno do that now because he is an experienced coach?

We also have a dodgy coach who has shown by his past misdemeanors that his morals are questionable at best. He was never a legend of the game and he seems to be on par with our BOD when it comes to Nepotism.

Hopefully that paints a clearer picture as to why the Tigers are signing decent players and we're not.

I respect your points, but I think we still dodged a huge bullet by having Flanno as coach. The new boys such as Fitzgibbon, Marshall and Ciraldo as good examples are yet to do a thing. Flanno has runs on the board and we're only six months into his tenure. He has our BOD to contend with and a tightening player market that seems to favour player managers. Way too early to judge in my opinion. Our losses hurt like hell at the moment, but I remember tears flowing down my cheeks at full time 2010 GF. Good times are coming folks. It's the journey to that destination that's painful.

If we were a better team we wouldn’t be complaining about commentators.

I know we haven’t always been the bees knees but the last 13 years we’ve had very little to offer the competition in terms of entertainment or excitement or even bravery and high resolve.

we are simply the extras in every other teams’ highlight reel thanks to efforts like Thursday night.

maybe in a few years time we would have brought through some youth and retained them and then we can get the commentary teams to salivate over. But my money says we don’t.

If we beat the Dogs he would have been right.
But we didnt beat the Dogs, in fact we embarrassed ourselves again, like we did against the Roosters and like we have done many times over the last two and a bit years. The best coaches punish poor players like Bennett did the week before the Dolphins also thrashed us. It is called setting an example. Those promoted will play out of their skins to keep their spots for the next game.

denis preston

First Grade
Yes mate I felt for Flanno tbh....and as you say surely someone could have sat next to him......let's hope these big losses don't persuade him to go.....one reason is we don't want to start over yet again because personally I think he's still got something to offer and secondly please forbid if Young takes the reins
Young should have fronted and explained what he is doing to our defence

denis preston

First Grade
I think that it is a big leap in speculation to have a justifiably upset coach Flanno at a press conference after the rubbish 2nd half his team just dished up to having him quit and DY take over! Flanno wants to be a head coach. He got the job and has possibly 2.5 more years to get an extension. I'm predicting he won't let players get in the way of his ambition and the deadwood will be gotten rid of as soon as possible. Time to give some youth and enthusiasm a go in place of some hasbeens. I'm looking forward to Team List Tuesday!
OED , I am too but TLT hasn’t been Flannos strength so far. If Finau & the Couchmans miss out I will blow my popper valve!

Latest posts