What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

I'm f$#king the Dragons defence up" on national TV though.
The players are f$#king up the defense, not Deano mate. All he can do is lay it on the line at training. The players have to follow that line. At the start of the season, several players were praising the work done by Young in off season, one being Tyrell Sloan, another Jayden S'ua who has been in top attack and defensive form, so good it has launched him into the Maroons side.

justadragon

Bench
The players are f$#king up the defense, not Deano mate. All he can do is lay it on the line at training. The players have to follow that line. At the start of the season, several players were praising the work done by Young in off season, one being Tyrell Sloan, another Jayden S'ua who has been in top attack and defensive form, so good it has launched him into the Maroons side.
Get your point RVH, but there are an awful lot of coincidences with Young and defensive structures at different clubs.

Young and defensive structures at different clubs.
You mean clubs he has been associated with jd, us first under Mary, then the Cowboys and us again under Flanagan? There was another occasion, ring any bells mate.
"Same shit, different day. It went wrong in blokes not getting their jobs done. Again, for the second week in a row, the game was there to be won in the last five minutes which is what this club wants to be about. "We want to be fighting for the full 80 minutes, right to the death"

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
You mean clubs he has been associated with jd, us under Mary, then the Cowboys and us again?
Yes I am RVH, look by no means being a defensive coach in the NRL in 2024 is a cake walk, there is so much to contend with, I dont blame him totally, the players do have to take responsibility. A lot of stuff revolves around fatigue and resilience, where structures seem to go out the window once those 2 elements have taken effect. Having a look at a couple of of try's last week, by f%$k we were poor, we also had players in the absolute wrong positions, cant handle adversity and have no plan B, a lot of that rests with the defensive coach, I'm not saying our attack is better, that looks very pedestrian at times as well.

A lot of stuff revolves around fatigue and resilience, where structures seem to go out the window once those 2 elements have taken effect.
Those two elements are not so much on the defense coach more to do with out fitness manager Dan Lawson I'd say. He had us sufficiently fit to win the 2010 GF, so needs to copy that, run the lazy ones into the ground at training until they beg for mercy. Have us set to do what Dean Young said before he took up a three year AC deal with the Cowboys ''to be fighting for the full 80 minutes, right to the death" and betting what he is still saying at every training session.

Last edited: