What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Parra

maple_69

Bench
I rate Robinson above Brown ACT but he hasn't exactly played like we know he can in his first grade appearances this year. So if it is a decision between an out of form player with potential who is leaving and an out of form player who is staying I'd go Brown.
I font rate us a chance this year so would prefer we build the team around guys who will be with us next year when we are a serious contender.

Hayne has a habit of shredding us so it would have been a good test . If he's rested we should win comfortably.

franklin2323

Immortal
I rate Robinson above Brown ACT but he hasn't exactly played like we know he can in his first grade appearances this year. So if it is a decision between an out of form player with potential who is leaving and an out of form player who is staying I'd go Brown.
I font rate us a chance this year so would prefer we build the team around guys who will be with us next year when we are a serious contender.

Hayne has a habit of shredding us so it would have been a good test . If he's rested we should win comfortably.

The problem is Brown is good for 2 errors a game whether it's dropped balls or penalties. Will the rest of his game make up for that is the question.

ACTPanthers

Bench

I see where you're coming from mate - I really do - I just don't agree with us not being a chance this season - Yeah, it wasn't the BEST start to a season but we're still sitting in 3rd so we must be doing something right

Yes, I hope Hayne is rested - It'll lift our chances of winning of Friday night

Big Mick

Referee
I think we are most definitely a chance this year.

We are sitting in 3rd and still haven't played our best footy by far yet.

There are glimpses each week of combinations forming and the backline looking slicker and the halves working on set plays etc.

I think in another 4-6 weeks if we keep grinding out wins we'll be very well placed and if we stay health in the last 8-10 weeks we'll build nicely for a good run at the finals.

IMO we definitely have the defense at full strength to a win a comp and our attack is slowly but surely developing to get there.

But that work will stop if Kingston is inserted back in the line up next week.

Grant for Plum...fine it's a wash as far as I'm concerned but do not want Peachey dropped for Kingston.

Interesting what Gus said is that he expects a few youngsters to debut throughout rest of the year so assume he means Cartwright, Blake, RCG.

franklin2323

Immortal
Of course we are a chance. What concerns me is Brown, Kingston and co comeback and straight in. Just as our attack was hitting it's straps we go back to defensive players

maple_69

Bench
While we're third with a lot of improvement left, I just can't shrug the feeling that there a few teams who really haven't clicked into gear yet. If all goes well I think we can match it with South's, Dogs and Melbourne now that Cronk will miss most of the season but Manly and Easts just have so much class and the big time experience.

On Blake getting a run, if Morris and Morris are both our of Origin 2 we could be looking at Idris and Hopoate replacing them. That could 've a good opportunity to have a look at Blake.

ACTPanthers

Bench
While we're third with a lot of improvement left, I just can't shrug the feeling that there a few teams who really haven't clicked into gear yet. If all goes well I think we can match it with South's, Dogs and Melbourne now that Cronk will miss most of the season but Manly and Easts just have so much class and the big time experience.

On Blake getting a run, if Morris and Morris are both our of Origin 2 we could be looking at Idris and Hopoate replacing them. That could 've a good opportunity to have a look at Blake.

With the bolded text above, I'd say that we would be one of those teams - Obviously our D is solid but I also think that in the next few weeks we'll see our attack open up - Well, fingers crossed anyway ;)

maple_69

Bench
Agree mate and I'd love to eat my hat at the end of this season. I think we can definitely make the prelims.

Panther_Brendo

Juniors
So apparently Idris is out... Who replaces him. One would assume it would be Brown with Robinson to come onto the bench. But apparently Plum and Kingston are likely to play. Looks like there will again be some late changes...

Big Mick

Referee
Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould has tonight announced that player Jamal Idris will be taking a break from rugby league, effective immediately.

The club has been working closely with the NRL this week to put a support system in place to help Jamal deal with some personal issues.

The club stresses that this matter has nothing to do with disciplinary action.

The Panthers and the NRL are fully supportive of Jamal and will be assisting him during this important period.

On behalf of Jamal and his family, the Panthers club would like to request that everyone respect their privacy at this time.

Big Mick

Referee
I expect team to be:

1. Moylan, 2. Mansour, 3. Whare, 19. Yeo, 5. Simmons, 6. Soward, 7. Wallace, 8. McKendry, 9. Segeyaro, 10. Kite, 11. Manu, 12. Taylor, 16. Peachey
15. Latimore, 17. Brown, 18. Plum, 20. Cartwright

Assuming rumour of Cartwright in from others is true.

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
Idris out is a big loss but I trust the club to do the right and compassionate thing, whatever the problem is.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Currently doing some travel around Europe so will miss the game, probably the one down side to travelling, missing the Panthers biggest game in years.

Nevertheless just wanted to come in here and wish the boys luck for tonight. Kind of boggles the mind that we're in third when we've been so inconsistent but a win tomorrow night puts us on a really good footing for the rest of the season, especially with Origin period in full swing.

Hopefully can find a decent internet connection to stream the game either radio or video and be there in spirit.

natheel

Coach
Good luck guys. Both sides with some debuts be it first grade or club. Exciting for both sides