What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Parra

Panther Pete

Juniors
What a fantastic effort from all the boys. Peachey showed us why the sharks fans were filthy when we got him! Mansour is just so strong, Moylan was all class and Lewis Brown looked dangerous every time he got the ball. All up there were some very good signs for us out there tonight.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Brown played well tonight, gotta give him credit we bag him every chance we get but he was one of our best tonight.

Dufmack

Juniors
Also probably hopoate in for J Morris, hoppa definitely didn't look up to nsw standard tonight, hasn't shown enough this year IMO but with idris out there's not too many options.

betcats

Referee
Ive been critical of mansour at times but the more I watch him the more I want him to stay. Great team performance tonight.

natheel

Coach
Just too good. 1-1 this season. We will be better we have showed we are better than that.

Hayne wouldn't have made a difference

Stagger Lee

Bench
Guys any chance of us having Soward back - PLEASE

Can't believe we got Benji and got rid of Soward - FU Steve Price :(

Great game tonight from you guys and I wish you all the best for the rest of the season.

soc123_au

Staff member
Hayne would have made a difference Nath, I think we still would have won well, but Hunt? Poor prick had a shocker. Feel bad for him tbh.

benntash

Juniors
Great game. Attack looked a lot better tonight then previous rounds. Peachey at lock and segs at hooker is definitely the way to go. Spine looked very strong and fast. Surely Kingston would only get a start from the bench at best but I think it's back to nsw cup for him imo

natheel

Coach
Hayne would have made a difference Nath, I think we still would have won well, but Hunt? Poor prick had a shocker. Feel bad for him tbh.

Yep felt for him out there they peppered him all night.

Oh well on to next week at least we have been having a decent season so losses like this are a tad bit easier to take.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
impressive performance by your mob tonight..

a little worried about playing you guys after parra put 6 tries on us.. then you put 6 tries on them..

good to see jamie enjoying his footy again though..

may he get the flu and be missing when we play you..

soc123_au

Staff member
On our blokes, not a bad game from any of them. Browns best game for a long time. Moylan just getting better each week. Mansour really pushing his claim for a good counter offer for his next deal. Soward & Wallace both great. Who ever said Sowie can't tackle? Made some ripper tackles tonight.

Stagger Lee

Bench
O Who ever said Sowie can't tackle? Made some ripper tackles tonight.

He is no Trevor Gillmeister but he was never that bad a tackler. He got walked over in a first round game in 2009 on friday night footy that people picked up on and have used it against him since then.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Guys any chance of us having Soward back - PLEASE

Can't believe we got Benji and got rid of Soward - FU Steve Price :(

Great game tonight from you guys and I wish you all the best for the rest of the season.

Thanks mate, they all played well tonight. The thing that is impressing me most about Soward is his defence. We all know he can kick well and attack well but they ran at him all night tonight and he held his own defensively.

Kilkenny

Coach
You expect your key players to perform. Tonight was more about the unsung heroes and youngsters.

Our two centres deserve a special mention.

Lewis Brown much maligned, undeservedly in my opinion, was awesome.

Yeo outstanding in defence and really strong in attack.

Losing Whare so early and Idris being out could have been a hammer blow but Brown and Yeo really stood up.

DWZ, Yeo and now Cartwright have debuted in 2014 with the likes of RCG, Blake and one or two others likely to follow if not this year then certainly next year.

I have to agree with one or two others we should be looking at making an improved offer to retain Josh Mansour. Not saying get into paying well overs but the guy deserves the best competitive offer we can afford.

Blues Riff

Bench
Seggy for QLD SOO is not as slly as it sounds. Locky was talking about Smith to Halfback with Cronk out. I hope not though. He could be the difference for the Toads. Also I don't want him broke.

Dufmack

Juniors
Seggy for QLD SOO is not as slly as it sounds. Locky was talking about Smith to Halfback with Cronk out. I hope not though. He could be the difference for the Toads. Also I don't want him broke.

Yeah I heard that too, in reality Ben hunt would play they wouldn't move smith. However, qld have demonstrated their willingness to employ utilities and back-ups on the bench so seg playing 14 for the maroons is definitely a possibility in the years to come.

Latest posts