What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Cowboys.

Iamback

Coach
Past history, is ancient history.

They will be formidable opponents based on exposed form, although they have two huge outs which of course hurts there chances.

While we are rightfully favourites a price of $3-60 or more at the line appears somewhat generous.

Slippery surface for starters compared to up there

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes conditions we are used too
Which are foreign for them

Hence the reason we are heavy favourites
We are favourites because we are the premiers, awesome home record this past couple of seasons and they are without two key players while we are at full strength yet again. The price on offer has little to do with the greasy condition.

The_Frog

First Grade
Past history, is ancient history.

They will be formidable opponents based on exposed form, although they have two huge outs which of course hurts there chances.

While we are rightfully favourites a price of $3-60 or more at the line appears somewhat generous.
$5.00 on offer for the Cowboys this morning. Seems even mug punters don't want to know them in this.

Iamback

Coach
We are favourites because we are the premiers, awesome home record this past couple of seasons and they are without two key players while we are at full strength yet again. The price on offer has little to do with the greasy condition.

1 v 3 and one side is paying $5.

Conditions play a big part in it

Girds89

Bench
1 v 3 and one side is paying $5.

Conditions play a big part in it
The cows play in high humidity conditions every week at home. High humidity makes grounds slippery and greasy..

The slippery conditions wont be due to humidity but nothing they arent used to..

The fact they are 5 bucks is its their first trip to sydney this year, a place they historically srent great.. they are missing two of their guns and they are coming up against the best team in the comp.

Girds89

Bench
I think in terms of tonight the team only needs to reflect to our last home game.

Clear evidence about what can happen when you arent at your best and a 100% committed team at their best comes to play.

I dont care who they have out.. we will need to be close to our best to beat them.

They have a lot of attacking threats across the park. Nathans kicking game will need to be on point..

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think in terms of tonight the team only needs to reflect to our last home game.

Clear evidence about what can happen when you arent at your best and a 100% committed team at their best comes to play.

I dont care who they have out.. we will need to be close to our best to beat them.

They have a lot of attacking threats across the park. Nathans kicking game will need to be on point..

I totally agree. Anyone who think tonight's game is a gimmee has no idea. The Cowboys at the moment are flying. We will have to be at our best to beat them.

Sime_11

Juniors
Cows will give a good account of themselves but like most teams - just cant go with us when we go up a gear and the full 80.

Be interesting to see how the Cows come out second half if they are down by 10 or more - tonight will be a good reality check for the Cows and the pressure is on us.

expecting big games from our Origin stars - they will want to show they are ready to go for Origin 1.

Penrith 16+ tonight

Munky

Coach
With the Hammer and Drinkwater making up two thirds of their kick return we should be able to pin them.

Keep it away from Holmes and Taulagi's side and they'll struggle to get into our half.

I agree with the sentiment and the lessons to learn from the Parra game, but I still think we played well that night; Parra played better. They are a good side.

I feel that creating a narrative that we didn’t play well is unhelpful; there are other good teams in the comp, and we can still play well (7+/10) and lose. There is no god-given right for us to sweep the board.

Girds89

Bench
I agree with the sentiment and the lessons to learn from the Parra game, but I still think we played well that night; Parra played better. They are a good side.

I feel that creating a narrative that we didn’t play well is unhelpful; there are other good teams in the comp, and we can still play well (7+/10) and lose. There is no god-given right for us to sweep the board.
Your right. 16 of them played really well.

It was just a shame that our best player in cleary had a shocker that night.

As i said at the time hes kicking gake was the reason we lost..throw in an uncharecteristic miss that lead to a try and it was his worst performance in ages..

So yeah i shouldnt put it on the team.

If nathan was at our best we win by 12 or so id say..