What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Cowboys.

murraymob

First Grade
Our wingers have been short for years and barely anyone gets a chance to exploit it. It's incredible how few tries we concede to kicks on the edge. Guess its a bit easier to diffuse when you know you can just spoil/bat dead and defend the next set rather than trying to take it clean.
There are very few wingers in the NRL with the skill set Feilt has.he is a big out for them

WestyLife

First Grade
The Chad for all his faults played in those games against the Storm while Cronulla were at their peak which were slugfests.

If he goes invisible then we win easily IMO.

The young kids they have can't grind wins out. We will slow the tempo down and strangle out a win

^ It's this part that gives me confidence. Though getting Chad was a great move for some experience.

Our wingers have been short for years and barely anyone gets a chance to exploit it. It's incredible how few tries we concede to kicks on the edge. Guess its a bit easier to diffuse when you know you can just spoil/bat dead and defend the next set rather than trying to take it clean.

To'o is also a powerful jumper for a guy with short legs.

Iamback

Coach
^ It's this part that gives me confidence. Though getting Chad was a great move for some experience.

To'o is also a powerful jumper for a guy with short legs.

Chad can only do so much.

They gave Storm 4 to 5 good chances off mistakes. Maybe a full strength Storm take them.. a full strength Panthers team will.

Cleary, Martin and few others have been down. Last game together for a while all you'd expect lift

murraymob

First Grade
Feild position is the key against them they will not get the great territory start to there sets.At full strength they don’t get that against the storm either

Munky

Coach
Anyone know who the likely replacement winger will be?

They already have one smaller guy in Drinkwater in the back three

If the next guy up isn't big we should be able to pin them pretty easily.

The Roosters back three all can win contact which made for a longer attrition period on Saturday night IMO.

Black Panther

Juniors
Anyone know who the likely replacement winger will be?

They already have one smaller guy in Drinkwater in the back three

If the next guy up isn't big we should be able to pin them pretty easily.

The Roosters back three all can win contact which made for a longer attrition period on Saturday night IMO.
Probably the Hammer..

GulgongPanther

Juniors
I assume by your user name you are travelling down from Gulgong for the game? That's commitment. I lived in Mudgee from 91 to 96.
We moved to Gulgong about 5 years ago now and have only missed a few games in that time (used to live in Emu Plains).
The trip home's not bad stuff all traffic (that's always be a plus right?) just have to be on the lookout for skippies and there's plenty of them suicidal bastards around but I think that the faster I go the further they'll bounce/roll:D

snickers007

Juniors
We moved to Gulgong about 5 years ago now and have only missed a few games in that time (used to live in Emu Plains).
The trip home's not bad stuff all traffic (that's always be a plus right?) just have to be on the lookout for skippies and there's plenty of them suicidal bastards around but I think that the faster I go the further they'll bounce/roll:D

f**ken kangaroos. I've hit 3 in the last 6 months - the first of which was in a brand new car, less than 2,000km on it.
Paid the $850 insurance excess, and as soon as it was back from the wreckers had a bullbar installed. Has already paid for itself.

Iamback

Coach

If you can do it for 5 years. No reason we can't use Bathurst while the rebuild is happening.

Anything is better than Parra