What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
That is true

Is it equally true you can’t defend or attack effectively at an elite level without a centre or winger ?

AJ is almost a genius no14

I mean the guy could add 12 points before u blink.

if Grant plays 70mins I reckon AJ for 10mins if no other injury is not risky

on the contrary

steerlerbab

Juniors
I sat down to watch to watch top of the ladder Sharks vs Panthers game and 30 minutes later, I gave up. The top of ladder game was a joke!1 Why! Because of all the tampering they have done with this game. It is supposed to be a game of 6 tackle each team. Possession should be shared between two teams with close contests.

The tampering with the rules has turned this into lopsided contests!

Anyway, possession rate 60 to 40 percent in Panthers favour! and that showed on the score board.

Same happened to us. We lost possession 57 to 43 percent against the bulldogs (and maybe second half was well over 60 to 40 percent)

This is no longer Sports but Sports entertainment WWE style. Whoever gets the favourable calls from the ref wins and of course if you have the possession, the penalty counts, the repeat sets all will be in your favour.

BTW, if Panthers get 60 40 possession against us, it will 100-0

Dragon David

First Grade
I sat down to watch to watch top of the ladder Sharks vs Panthers game and 30 minutes later, I gave up. The top of ladder game was a joke!1 Why! Because of all the tampering they have done with this game. It is supposed to be a game of 6 tackle each team. Possession should be shared between two teams with close contests.

Anyway, possession rate 60 to 40 percent in Panthers favour! and that showed on the score board.

Same happened to us. We lost possession 57 to 43 percent against the bulldogs (and maybe second half was well over 60 to 40 percent)

This is no longer Sports but Sports entertainment WWE style. Whoever gets the favourable calls from the ref wins and of course if you have the possession, the penalty counts, the repeat sets all will be in your favour.

It is a joke isn't it. What a farce. Losing interest fast.

It's a media competition and the media loves a spectacle. The media also loves a villain or fall guy - and that's us. And, to be honest, after the JdB thing and the Amone thing and the Sailor thing and the bbq thing it's entirely our own fault.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It is a joke isn't it. What a farce. Losing interest fast.
Sadly David I'm with you.....Ive watched the Keary penalty try against the Raiders yesterday at least 20 times and thought this great game of ours is fast becoming a joke....he was pulled slightly sideways by a defender when attempting to chase down the ball he then had a couple of metres to correct to himself to be square on to the ball and smother it but in doing so knocked it on.....at best it should have been a penalty but no it was a try....then I found out the bunker ref was the wonder boy that officiated in our game on Thursday against The Dogs......enough said

Dragons4me

Juniors
Sadly David I'm with you.....Ive watched the Keary penalty try against the Raiders yesterday at least 20 times and thought this great game of ours is fast becoming a joke....he was pulled slightly sideways by a defender when attempting to chase down the ball he then had a couple of metres to correct to himself to be square on to the ball and smother it but in doing so knocked it on.....at best it should have been a penalty but no it was a try....then I found out the bunker ref was the wonder boy that officiated in our game on Thursday against The Dogs......enough said
** deleted **

Dragon David

First Grade
I just don't know what else to say BSE only that whatever we see is not what the refs or bunker see and whether or not there is any bias in their decisions. We know that all officials involved with the game, bunker, referees, sideline flag bearers, would have a "favourite" team that they themselves would have followed for most of their lives. I can remember working for a guy who was a Tigers supporter and he was a touch/lines man and having strong allegiance to the club he followed made some calls going his favourite team's way particularly forward passes. Sadly he isn't with us any more but you do know what I am saying don't you BSE??

Tell me which one of the current officials actually on the field or in the bunker is a Dragons supporter? I'm leaving Peter V'Landys out as he doesn't officiate the games in fact, I think nowadays I don't think that he gives two hoots for the Dragons as his main concern is getting all that lovely income coming in.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Looking at the panthers results over the last 10 seasons, they finished 11 in 2015. Cleary makes his debut in 2016, for the next 3 years they make the top 8, highest being 5th in 2018, same year Laui makes his debut. They then finish 10th in 2019 before going on their run from 2020.
I’m hoping we are at least as good or bad as that 2015 panthers team. It certainly didn’t happen overnight for the panthers, they were building for years.

Looking at the panthers results over the last 10 seasons, they finished 11 in 2015. Cleary makes his debut in 2016, for the next 3 years they make the top 8, highest being 5th in 2018, same year Laui makes his debut. They then finish 10th in 2019 before going on their run from 2020.
I’m hoping we are at least as good or bad as that 2015 panthers team. It certainly didn’t happen overnight for the panthers, they were building for years.

No cynicism meant but can someone tell me what Flanagan's actual rebuild plan is, and where is the evidence of it? I only know what he has promised about junior development and reestablishing pride but there's not a lot of focus on that. Not expecting it over night but it'd be nice to see the steps. I've seen some promising SG Ballers promoted that's about it. We were also told we'd sign marquee players? Nothing.

I'm not hating on the man at all. He has no real support so he is on a hiding to nothing.

Typical luck of the Bunnies to lose their coach when Bennett is available. Not saying he would have come to us again but we would have been better off holding onto Hook for a year longer and trying to get a person into the club that has actual influence, if only to bring a competitive edge back to us. The board and owners have a cruel way of suppressing anyone who is not a legend of the game and extending out this excruciating time of being a loser club.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
No cynicism meant but can someone tell me what Flanagan's actual rebuild plan is, and where is the evidence of it? I only know what he has promised about junior development and reestablishing pride but there's not a lot of focus on that. Not expecting it over night but it'd be nice to see the steps. I've seen some promising SG Ballers promoted that's about it. We were also told we'd sign marquee players? Nothing.

I'm not hating on the man at all. He has no real support so he is on a hiding to nothing.

Typical luck of the Bunnies to lose their coach when Bennett is available. Not saying he would have come to us again but we would have been better off holding onto Hook for a year longer and trying to get a person into the club that has actual influence, if only to bring a competitive edge back to us. The board and owners have a cruel way of suppressing anyone who is not a legend of the game and extending out this excruciating time of being a loser club.
Excellent post, mate.

I agree and I'm not sure where people think the improvement has come from or where they're seeing the improvement.

At the same time in last year's season we had conceded less points and scored more, yet people somehow think the attack has improved under Fraudagan and the defence has improved as well.

Sure we have two extra wins in the W column than this time last year, however between rounds 6-10 we lost all five games and by margins of 2 (in 3 of the losses), 6 (in one of the losses) and 1 (in 1 of the losses). If one or two things had gone our way in that string of losses, we could be sitting here now with less wins than last year.

So I agree with you and haven't noticed anything so far this year to say the team has improved year on year. Flanagan appears to be clueless and there is no rebuild happening at all, things will get worse.

Holding on to Hook until we could get a top line coach in the mould of Bennett would've been a better solution.

This Year?

Immortal
If the Tigers can beat a SOO affected Panthers side the Dragons can right guys?

Guys?

Guys......?

.............Guys.....?
giphy.gif

TheRev

First Grade
I would have had us favourites this week if we were full-strength, i.e. Sele, Leilua, Bird all fully fit.. and Hunt/Lomax/Sua not playing origin.. I think we could have ambushed an injury/origin riddled panther side.

But I dont think we will handle our injuries/origin-selections very well... but its gonna be interesting to watch and see a very different 17 in action... even a loss I think it could open the possibilities for team lineups ongoing.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I just don't know what else to say BSE only that whatever we see is not what the refs or bunker see and whether or not there is any bias in their decisions. We know that all officials involved with the game, bunker, referees, sideline flag bearers, would have a "favourite" team that they themselves would have followed for most of their lives. I can remember working for a guy who was a Tigers supporter and he was a touch/lines man and having strong allegiance to the club he followed made some calls going his favourite team's way particularly forward passes. Sadly he isn't with us any more but you do know what I am saying don't you BSE??

Tell me which one of the current officials actually on the field or in the bunker is a Dragons supporter? I'm leaving Peter V'Landys out as he doesn't officiate the games in fact, I think nowadays I don't think that he gives two hoots for the Dragons as his main concern is getting all that lovely income coming in.
Great post mate

Latest posts