What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v The Stone Poneys

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm looking forward to seeing an Amone/Sullivan halves combination. I like the excitement and enthusiasm they bring which is infectious to the team. I don't see that excitement and enthusiasm in Hunt and Norman. What we see from them is it. That's the best we're going to get, week after week. It will only happen when we're out of contention for the finals.
Sullivan will make all the difference and with Amone, they will strike up a great combination. These players would be the bright light to shine on the club once they get a chance to play together in first grade.

Sullivan gives it all in attack and defence - can't wait to see him blossom in first grade.

slippery5

Juniors
As much as I love Lawrie, I hate the stupid ‘6 again’s’ he gives away for blatant holding on too long.
This should be an easy fix.
I used to go on about how the opposition run from dummy half every time he is involved in the tackle, long before they introduced the 6 again rule. He has no lateral movement & is the SLOWEST defender to his feet, hence, this is why he hangs on, to stop the play the ball before he can mark up.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I have a feeling when De Belin comes on (assuming he is definitely playing) Bird will move into the centres with Williame going to the bench.
Or Ford could go to the bench and cover the backs for the rest of the game off the bench. I think Ford has been solid since his return. A few nice offloads and holding his own in defence. I know he’s not a forum favourite but I like him.

getsmarty

Immortal
Healthy Bird has no bad blood with Broncos
By AAP Newswire
zS9jw3XbgYrjz0sSJrj5.jpg

Jack Bird - AAP

St George Illawarra's Jack Bird insists he has no bad blood with Brisbane before Thursday night's clash with his former NRL club.

The 26-year-old has overcome two ACL injuries and doubts about his body's ability to even withstand the physicality of the NRL.

Bird played just 17 games for the Broncos across three injury-interrupted seasons before he was let go at the end of 2020.

He has played 11 consistent games this year for the Dragons in the centres.

It's the first time since 2017 with Cronulla that Bird has played as many games in an NRL season.

The former NSW Origin star will face the Broncos for the first time since leaving them but says he has nothing to prove at Jubilee Stadium.

"I'm not going out there to prove anyone wrong or anything, I always knew I was going to come good in the end and we just had to be patient and do the right things around me knee and around my health," Bird said.

"The Dragons gave me the opportunity to come here and get on the paddock and they've done everything right by me.

"I'm just going to go out there and play some football and hopefully get the win."

Bird was an Origin player and 2016 premiership winner when he accepted a big money deal with the Broncos that ultimately did not pay off.

"It's obviously disappointing," he said.

"I went up there with high hopes... in saying that I love the club up there and enjoyed my time there, it just didn't work out."

Meanwhile, the Dragons have been hit hard by with suspensions, injuries and an Origin call up for Tariq Sims which will force Bird into the second row for Thursday's game.

It'll be the first time in his NRL career he's started in that position.

Mikaele Ravalawa and Josh Kerr return from suspension, while Jack de Belin has been named to make his NRL return from the bench.

"We all know what Jack can do, so to put him out there now is a good thing for us, it's a good morale booster," Bird said.

https://www.sheppnews.com.au/rugby/2021/06/02/4362194/healthy-bird-has-no-bad-blood-with-broncos

getsmarty

Immortal
TEAM LISTS

Presented By

24-hour warning: Round 13 v Broncos
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 2 Jun 2021, 07:50 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has amended his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 13 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium Stadium, Kogarah on Thursday, June 3.

Matt Dufty (shoulder) has been named to return at fullback. Cody Ramsey shifts to the wing for Jordan Pereira who alongside Jayden Sullivan were the players to drop out of Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

Tariq Sims's New South Wales Origin selection has allowed for Jack Bird to be named in the forwards for the first time in his NRL career. Brayden Wiliame is named in the centres as a result with Mikaele Ravalawa (suspension) returning on the wing.

Josh Kerr (suspension) replaces Billy Burns in the back row while Jack de Belin will occupy Jaiyden Hunt's last start bench spot.

Updated NRL squad for Round 13 v Brisbane Broncos –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Brayden Wiliame– sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Deicorp
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Jack Bird – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TLE Alexandria

Interchange:
14. Talatau Amone – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Kaide Ellis
19. Adam Clune

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/06/01/nrl-team-announcement-round-13-v-broncos/

kit66

Bench
Are Burns and Max Fegai injured ? I'd have Burns in the back row and Bird and Fegai at centre. Bird could carve up the inexperienced Broncos out wide. Beale and Williame are a major concern, we can only hope they put in a good defensive effort because their attacking capabilities are.....limited let's say, to be polite.
This is a game we should win with a bit of effort but so were the last 3 or 4 games.
Hunt and Norman will be sore at not even being considered for SOO and Dufty is now playing for a contract so expect them to step it up a little, plus Jack's back, will he handle the pace ? probably not but I've give him two short stints with instructions to release the beast !

A couple of weeks from now we're going to field a very competitive team for the run into the finals, it's a real shame we couldn't have won just a couple more games to this point and be in 6th or even 5th, we had every opportunity and blew it. A real shame but that's the Dragons for you. To quote Jack Reacher " Hope for the best, plan for the worst " or in our case expect the worst.

This Year?

Immortal
Are Burns and Max Fegai injured ? I'd have Burns in the back row and Bird and Fegai at centre. Bird could carve up the inexperienced Broncos out wide. Beale and Williame are a major concern, we can only hope they put in a good defensive effort because their attacking capabilities are.....limited let's say, to be polite.
This is a game we should win with a bit of effort but so were the last 3 or 4 games.
Hunt and Norman will be sore at not even being considered for SOO and Dufty is now playing for a contract so expect them to step it up a little, plus Jack's back, will he handle the pace ? probably not but I've give him two short stints with instructions to release the beast !

A couple of weeks from now we're going to field a very competitive team for the run into the finals, it's a real shame we couldn't have won just a couple more games to this point and be in 6th or even 5th, we had every opportunity and blew it. A real shame but that's the Dragons for you. To quote Jack Reacher " Hope for the best, plan for the worst " or in our case expect the worst.
Have to agree. Going through the team lists and seeing the 2nd rowers and centres is very alarming. I assume Bird is being used as a stop gap against TPJ so I hope he handles it well. We desperately need Hunt and Norman to play well today.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The wet weather is probably a positive for Jack as you would expect the speed of the game to be less than it normally is. I hope the coaching staff can put some Velcro on some of their hands though, notably Kerr & Bird.Obviously the best kicking game & handling should win.
Should keep a few dickheads away too, to minimise the booing. By the time there are big crowds the novelty will be worn off somewhat.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Have to agree. Going through the team lists and seeing the 2nd rowers and centres is very alarming. I assume Bird is being used as a stop gap against TPJ so I hope he handles it well. We desperately need Hunt and Norman to play well today.
Pangai is a beast though. I reckon Ford would handle him better. Play Bird at lock as a second 5/8 who can pop up wherever he wants.

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

Coach's preview: Round 13 v Broncos

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

NRL late mail: Round 13 v Broncos
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 3 Jun 2021, 06:50 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has finalised his 17 ahead of the Dragons' Round 13 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium Stadium, Kogarah on Thursday, June 3.

The Dragons are 1-17. Kaide Ellis will act as 18th man once again.

Matt Dufty (shoulder) has been named to return at fullback. Cody Ramsey shifts to the wing for Jordan Pereira who alongside Jayden Sullivan and Adam Clune are the players to drop out of Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

Tariq Sims's New South Wales Origin selection has allowed for Jack Bird to be named in the forwards for the first time in his NRL career. Brayden Wiliame is named in the centres as a result with Mikaele Ravalawa (suspension) returning on the wing.

Josh Kerr (suspension) replaces Billy Burns in the back row while Jack de Belin will occupy Jaiyden Hunt's last start bench spot.

Updated NRL squad for Round 13 v Brisbane Broncos –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Brayden Wiliame– sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Deicorp
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Jack Bird – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TLE Alexandria

Interchange:
14. Talatau Amone – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal

18th man: 18. Kaide Ellis

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/06/01/nrl-team-announcement-round-13-v-broncos/