What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Raiders Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Monday 7:00pm June 10 2013
Canberra Stadium

Which Broncos will back up after Origin?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
After tonight, all of them bar perhaps Hodges. Hannant may even be rushed back into the side.

I would expect us to be on fire, and if we lose again, well....

Big Pete

Referee
Potential Line Up

1. Corey Norman
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. David Hala
17. Scott Anderson

18. Lachlan Maranta
19. Mitchell Dodds
20. Corey Oates
21. Nick Slyney

gUt

Coach
McCullough needs to be stood down. He looks jaded and listless. At the worst he should be on the bench. Although Hunt chokes whenever he's given an opportunity let him start at hooker.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Won't matter. Canberra will destroy us as they nearly always do in Canberra and Griffin will give us his usual monosyllabic nothing answers (if you can call having no answers actually "answers"), Sammi will say something along the lines of we need to get back to playing tough, grinding footy or some such empty nonsense and nothing will change.

Except our position on the ladder.

gUt

Coach
For use after the match:

We're gonna get killed. The coach sux and the players are shit. Burn down Lang Park and start again.

gUt

Coach
I can't wait for this one. The coach has got the boys going great, they look hungry, 2 points here we come!

Big Pete

Referee
Official Side

1. Corey Norman
2. Aaron Whitchurch
3. Jack Reed
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. David Hala
16. Scott Anderson
17. Mitchell Dodds

18. Jarrod Wallace
19. Dunamis Lui
20. Nick Slyney

Big Pete

Referee
This is pretty much do or die.

A bounce back could inspire us to keep our season alive while another shocking performance could send us crashing down to our first wooden spoon.

Team is about as expected. Hodges not named due to his troublesome body but Whitchurch is there and J. Wallace makes way for Dodds.

I'm fine with the latter, I want more impact but Jarrod hasn't exactly been smoking it since he started playing it. However, Whitchurch clearly isn't up to standard. It's a sorry state of affairs that we're relying on at least one Qld Cup standard back but that's 2013.

Personally I think Granville should be ahead of Hunt. After last night's performance Hunt should have copped a boot but Hook is a much more patient man than myself.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Beautiful, we will have Granville back for the Easts game.

Jarrod Wallace is a good quality Queensland Cup player but you are in trouble if he's in your best 17 most weeks.

Dazzat

First Grade
Brisbane now has the officially worst front row rotation in the competition.

Thaiday is a second rower, as is Maguire. Anderson is an absolute nuffy and offers nothing. Hala has potential, but I'd suggest he's too is better suited to the back row.

After that performance last night, McCullough and Hunt need to be dropped. They are clearly too comfortable under their mentor Griffin, and are playing like plain vanilla week in week out. They need to be challenged and they need to know that they aren't automatic selections.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Anyone find it slightly funny that our good form was the same time Prince was injured...put Hunt in the halves and leave him there!

Out Griffin
In: Anyone with a brain: don't care if it is Kearney,just anyone.

Kiwi

First Grade
Official Side

1. Corey Norman
2. Aaron Whitchurch
3. Jack Reed
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. David Hala
16. Scott Anderson
17. Mitchell Dodds

18. Jarrod Wallace
19. Dunamis Lui
20. Nick Slyney

how much will we lose by this week?

Jason Simmons

Juniors
Official Side

1. Corey Norman
2. Aaron Whitchurch
3. Jack Reed
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. David Hala
16. Scott Anderson
17. Mitchell Dodds

18. Jarrod Wallace
19. Dunamis Lui
20. Nick Slyney

Tremendous. Let's break up the pairing of Jack Reed and Josh Hoffman, the one that hasn't scored 10 tries this season and actually has a clue and let's put Hoffman in an unfamiliar position on the complete opposite side of the field and create TWO new combinations, rather than the one we HAVE to have regardless (because of Hodges tiring frame).

F*ck me. I've defended Hook heaps, but he hasn't got a friggin clue and I'm struggling to keep supporting him at present.

FFS, put Jack Reed at left centre and Josh Hoffman on the left wing Hook! They've worked well and we've actually been a bit dangerous down that friggin side, scoring more tries there than ANYWHERE else on the goddamn park!

Then put Kahu and (god forgive for saying this) Maranta on the right side. They worked together "reasonably" well against the Storm and whilst neither is a match-winner at least they might be solid enough to see us through THIS game, until Hodges is right again and we can put Kahu on the wing and get rid of Maranta.

Personally I think we're r**ted this season and probably the next one as well, unless we can magically find a new centre, a new fullback, a big new prop and a decent half from somewhere.

I also think the continuing bad performance will actually hasten Hodges retirement, afterall what is he going to get out of this group of mongs, apart from 2 years of misery and sh*t performances from a once great club?

Ghoulies

Bench
I can't agree with that at all really.

Hoffman has killed it on the wing this season not because of some special partnership he has developed with Jack Reed. He's just by far our best attacking weapon right now.

Keeping Hoffman in the centres should at least guarantee him a certain amount of the ball, which doesn't happen in those games where Reed forgets how to pass.

Latest posts