What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 Vs The Bulldogs

age.s

First Grade
Moylan didn't really get tested defensively tbh. The Dogs really were that bad. He handled most of his work well but there was one really bad miss (can't remember who it was on). He'll definitely need protection.

mxlegend99

Referee
He will miss tackles. Fortunately he just needs to slow them down in the line.

Edwards is a better one on one defender.

OldPanther

Coach
Moylan didn't really get tested defensively tbh. The Dogs really were that bad. He handled most of his work well but there was one really bad miss (can't remember who it was on). He'll definitely need protection.

The only bad miss he had was when Mansour shouldered him out of the way by accident. He had a few "normal for a half" misses.

Will need no more than most the other halves in the comp

age.s

First Grade
The only bad miss he had was when Mansour shouldered him out of the way by accident. He had a few "normal for a half" misses.

Nah there was another one. It was late in the game. I'll have to re watch it though.

age.s

First Grade
Will need no more than most the other halves in the comp

Yeah I'd say he'd be middle of the pack when compared to the rest of the NRL, maybe a bit below but something we'll just have to manage. I certainly wouldn't want him moved.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah I'd say he'd be middle of the pack when compared to the rest of the NRL, maybe a bit below but something we'll just have to manage. I certainly wouldn't want him moved.
Cant be Maloney or Moses level bad.

I expect Thurston level bad at worst.

Only one game but Moylan looked very comfortable at 5/8. Kicking game needs some work but his passing was very nice and he seemed to be in the correct position all the time & running on to the ball.

This halves pairing could really be something.

GongPanther

Referee
Moylan to 5/8 has been a masterstroke by Griffin. I don't know why we didn't think of it earlier.

He's been saving it as a shock weapon tactic.

Prepare for Moylan to go back to the fullback role when Carty comes back,then until the semis,we'll surprise whoever again.

Can't remember if it was the first error the Dogs made but I remember Moylan shooting out of the line and putting a shot on a Dogs player early and forcing an error. I think it was the one that lead to CHN's try.

Fangs

Coach
Don't know what has changed but Merrin has improved massively since the start of the year. 215m, 25 tackles, 1 line break, 5 tackle busts in 67 minutes, massive effort.

He has more in him.

He really shifted a gear after Origin ended last year. His form from the Broncos game onwards was outstanding. We will need to see that again if we are serious.

chrisD

Coach
On rewatch the dogs were horrendous. Frawley was our best. A perfect ease in for us. Attacking last play options should be our focus this week, even though we scored off a lot of them it was through arse rather than good management.

tripster

Juniors
As a Panthers fan I always enjoy wins like that because they are rare for us. I also particularly enjoy beating the Dogs.

The new halves combination also worked really well, and Rein was also great. If Rein keeps playing like that it will be a headache for Hook once Wallace comes back.

However, keeping it in perspective, the Dogs were missing James Graham (Captain and English international), Brett
Morris (NSW Origin Centre) and Klemmer and Jackson were backing up from a massive game on Wednesday night and clearly looked worse for wear. I think the Dogs would have struggled to beat anyone today, but I also don't think many other teams would have flogged them like we did.

GongPanther

Referee
On rewatch the dogs were horrendous. Frawley was our best. A perfect ease in for us. Attacking last play options should be our focus this week, even though we scored off a lot of them it was through arse rather than good management.

You make you're own arse.

Good enough to put yourself in a position to capitalise on the others side's mistakes?...that's called sport.

Not the Panthers fault they had injuries and had mistakes in their game,as much as when Canterbury beat us in that semi-final in 2014,when we made our fair share of errors.They weren't to blame for what happened then.

OldPanther

Coach

Give the boys some credit. They played like a genuine top 8 team. It's rediculous people are making it seem like the dogs just gave it to us.