What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - Cowboys vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 15th August 5:30pm @Queensland Country Bank Stadium

assess5

Juniors
Where did Souths find this Jackson Paulo guy. Someone said they'd be happier with him in the centres, I'd be happier with him playing third grade for PLC (Presbyterian Ladies College).

Can't run, cant catch and can't tackle - perfect all round first grader.

Get rid of him.

Travitoh

First Grade
Where did Souths find this Jackson Paulo guy. Someone said they'd be happier with him in the centres, I'd be happier with him playing third grade for PLC (Presbyterian Ladies College).

Can't run, cant catch and can't tackle - perfect all round first grader.

Get rid of him.

I think you're referring to me.
Though it wasn't necessarily that I'd prefer to see Paulo at centre.
I would prefer to see Gagai on a wing where i believe he's better and would have more influence on a game with his kick returns and finishing ability.

Travitoh

First Grade
I f**king hate seeing props skip before they get to the defence. That's why nobody can bend the line.

Travitoh

First Grade
Stole that but when it came to the clutch moment, Souths stood up.

Was it Mago that made that last break and offload? Won Souths the game.

assess5

Juniors
I think you're referring to me.
Though it wasn't necessarily that I'd prefer to see Paulo at centre.
I would prefer to see Gagai on a wing where i believe he's better and would have more influence on a game with his kick returns and finishing ability.
Yes, I am referring to you.

Paulo, clearly is not first grade material, if he is not ready at this stage of his career he won't ever be, the way he got turned around by the opposition winger speaks volumes about where he currently is in his development. That was school boy stuff I'm afraid.

After tonight performance I'm a Gagai fan. He's strung some good games together, unfortunately Souths start playing some good teams now so.....bye bye bunnies after tonights performance I don't think Souths can progress any further.

assess5

Juniors
I'm sick of watching this team.. so frustrating
Ill love them until I die, but God almighty please help us
Boy do I agree with you. I've watched Souths dish out this shit since 1967 and I just have had a gutful.

Does that team get payed the money that gets spoken about in the papers, like two hundred thousand dollars, six hundred thousand dollars, eight hundred thousand dollars, can't be Australian dollars must be oh I dunno Hong Kong dollars, like 1 aussie dollar is 7 HK dollars

Just laughable and so disappointing.

Travitoh

First Grade

Paulo, clearly is not first grade material, if he is not ready at this stage of his career he won't ever be, the way he got turned around by the opposition winger speaks volumes about where he currently is in his development. That was school boy stuff I'm afraid.

After tonight performance I'm a Gagai fan. He's strung some good games together, unfortunately Souths start playing some good teams now so.....bye bye bunnies after tonights performance I don't think Souths can progress any further.

I have to agree, Paulo just doesn't seem to carry himself like a first grade player. Saying that, he has been thrown into the mix because of injuries to Burns and Roberts leaving Souths short in the backline after the release of Goodwin.
From the armchair, i would've gone with Marsters instead when Roberts got hurt but i don't see them in training.

Travitoh

First Grade
I thought that all those guys, Kola Mago (?) Sirronen where great except Nichols. So Souths have quite a bit of depth for next year.

I didn't use to be a Johnston fan because of his unwillingness to put his body on the line but jees he scores some good trys.

There's a foundation there to built on. Still needs a bit of polish but definitely some talent.

AJ 5 years ago could've become elite. Finishing has never been an issue for him.

What are alerts and how do I reply to them

Alerts are to notify you that someone has reacted to your post, like me replying here.

Similar to when someone sends you a message on your phone and you get a notification to let you know.

When you quote someones response, that is you replying to them.

Does that help?

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Nek minit... lol

Haha how funny.. i turned it off after the Cows scored go make it 30-24 and thought yeah itll be 36-24 or something by the end, here we go. That's when I made that comment.
My mate who was watching on Kayo actually informed me that Souths had won. Like I said, will love the team until I die, have a tattoo and all the merch etc.. but God its frustrating to watch. We can blame it on whatever we want but the fact is we won't beat the top teams in the competition to win the premiership. Idk if its brown paper bag stuff getting around to the officials and the whole thing is rigged or we just aren't all performing to our potential.. is it coaching strategy, tactics, over coaching, under coaching, diet, fitness... experience? Idk... farout its frustrating.
Ill admit we have a new fullback which in the modern game is one of the most if not the most important position to play, but still.

I hate when Burgess runs the ball.. he has been good, but everytime he runs it i just wince. If he got a head of steam up and ran hard and fast he would absolutely skittle blokes. In saying that he was solid. But still, I don't like him as our frontrower but that's just my opinion.

Sorry if all that didn't sound logical or rational again it was just my opinion. Just frustrated at the team I love, I just want them to be #1 like we all do lol

NovoBunny94

Juniors

Souths have Manly next, if form is anything to go by we will win by 6 atleast lol

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Stole that but when it came to the clutch moment, Souths stood up.

Was it Mago that made that last break and offload? Won Souths the game.
I think it was Koloamatangi. Great run from a standing start to give Reyno the opportunity to ice the game.

We really got out of jail in that one.
Yeah it was him. Actually he had 2 big carries in that last set, the second he made 10-15, then another 10 post contact metres and then offloaded and they got another 10. He got Adam into field goal range. He was probably Souths best forward.

We kept shooting ourselves in the foot with all the mistakes. Almost all their tries were from our mistakes, but we were easily able to break them down when we had the ball, so at least that was something to be encouraged about.

Not wanting to pile on but man Cook is playing BAD, it's the worst I've seen him