What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Eels v Cowboys - Live Game day thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well why say ALL in the first place.
Consider it a colloquialism you f**king dick
Just because the Parramatta Eels does something doesn't mean it is the be all and end of how the sport is played.
Yeah I know. In week one of last year's finals we were the only team to play an 80 minute dummy half. The next week we didn't.
Considering that two of the last three Premiers only used one hooker in their Top 17 probably indicates that those who use two hookers don't seem to be that good.
Slade Griffin says go f**k yourself.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Considering that two of the last three Premiers only used one hooker in their Top 17 probably indicates that those who use two hookers don't seem to be that good.

On grand day:

2015 - cowboys had Rory K on the bench
2016 - sharks had Beale of the bench so they could move bird (or a half) to hooker if required
2017 - storm had Griffin

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My issue isn't about the NRL, it's about your absurd comment that ALL other 15 NRL teams apparently use 2 hookers in a game.
They definitely all do at times. Ideally you wouldn't need a backup in the 17 but it's better to have one and not need him...

We were the only winning team so far this round not to have a merkin play less than 15 minutes. There are enough 80 minute players in the game that you don't need 30+ minutes from every bloke on the bench. You can afford to carry a contingency, especially for a small bloke defending in the middle. Lawton played 15 minutes, as did Kikau. Baptiste and Fuimaono didn't even get onto the field.

Chipmunk

Coach
On grand day:

2015 - cowboys had Rory K on the bench
2016 - sharks had Beale of the bench so they could move bird (or a half) to hooker if required
2017 - storm had Griffin

You're clutching at straws with your 2016 argument... I doubt I'll take a post you do seriously again.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, and Cameron Smith says to Slade Griffin, f**k off young lad, don't think you're coming anywhere near dummy half whilst I'm here.
Good player to have on the bench if they need him though. Why else do you think Bellamy picked him? He had no other middle forwards capable of playing 15 minutes?

Chipmunk

Coach
I was only pointing out each side had an option on the bench to cover hooker.

Well using that argument, considering that we've played Nathan Brown at dummy half before, then surely we can use him there again and wouldn't have been able to make a legitimate argument to the NRL that we needed to play Mahoney at 9...

To be honest from what I seen tonight, French is a better dummy half in attack than Mahoney at this present time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well using that argument, considering that we've played Nathan Brown at dummy half before, then surely we can use him there again and wouldn't have been able to make a legitimate argument to the NRL that we needed to play Mahoney at 9...
Except Brown plays a key role in our attack running the ball.
To be honest from what I seen tonight, French is a better dummy half in attack than Mahoney at this present time.
I'd say most outside backs are better running from dummy half than most hookers. But their running game is wasted at dummy half, plus they are unlikely to have the work rate for the middle.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd say most outside backs are better running from dummy half than most hookers. But their running game is wasted at dummy half, plus they are unlikely to have the work rate for the middle.

I was referring more to Mahoney's passing ability...Actually I'd feel more confident with every other player in the 17 tonight except for Terepo and Alvaro that they'd be better at passing out of dummy half.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

But French couldn’t defend like Mahoney did in the middle even after one game in the NRL!!

Chipmunk

Coach
Every win means plenty. It's why we follow the game, isn't it?

Once your season is over, what have you got to prove, that you can win games when there is no pressure on you? Most muppets can do that. What does that prove??

This mob at full strength are good enough to win at least half of their remaining games and probably will..but what will they actually gain from that, which is going to mean anything for next season??

Chipmunk

Coach
But French couldn’t defend like Mahoney did in the middle even after one game in the NRL!!

No, and I also reckon Mahoney would stand less of a chance of being rag dolled into touch or the in-goal when he got tackled. Doesn't mean he can pass a ball.