What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Eels v Cowboys - Live Game day thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think it was a shit game, and I think the right team won in the end.

You do not deserve to win a game when you make 18 errors. I think that shit calls went against both sides but the result worked out correctly.
Or miss 31 tackles

Bazal

Post Whore
But is he worth a top 17 contract? If he is that's one less top 17 spot we have for a winger.

I reckon he has demonstrated that he is.

The problem for me is Hoffman. What is he on, and can we move him on? If not, his deal might mean that Gennings doesn't get a top 17 offer.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
But is he worth a top 17 contract? If he is that's one less top 17 spot we have for a winger.

Obviously I have no real idea on what he is really worth but I say he is now top 17 quality! What is a winger regularly making 100 plus metres, fairly safe under the high ball, seems ok defensively and can score worth?

Anyhow I don’t think we need to a buy a winger. I would be happy with a Hayne/Gennings combo!

Can’t see any better options out there. And we have also DA and potentially GL.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thought Feldt looked good. Fairly dangerous player with a good kick!! Can get a try!!

Maybe BA knows he stuff, he did try to get him last year!
Feldt is one of their key attacking players. After Traumalolo he made the most runs for them. He also made the most metres.

Our two most involved runners were Gennings and Brown, with 22 carries each. Gennings broke eight tackles.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon he has demonstrated that he is.

The problem for me is Hoffman. What is he on, and can we move him on? If not, his deal might mean that Gennings doesn't get a top 17 offer.

I reckon Hoffman goes ok, no superstar but provides cover for the whole backline at an ok level.

He only has one more year left and gives us some cover as we start blooding some backs which will probably do over the next 12 months.

If we let Davis/KA go and replace with rookies, Hoffman probably won’t affect our cap.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So far this round, Farah, Friend and Granville all played 80. But the NRL surely can't force you to play a hooker for 80 minutes if he's not capable of it. Player welfare and shit. Or play a dude out of position. That's what exemptions are for.

Chipmunk

Coach
So far this round, Farah, Friend and Granville all played 80. But the NRL surely can't force you to play a hooker for 80 minutes if he's not capable of it. Player welfare and shit. Or play a dude out of position. That's what exemptions are for.

I couldn't give a shit whether you can an exemption or not. You said that the 15 other teams all play two hookers, which you've now just admitted was a blatant lie.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I don’t reckon the NRL wouldn’t be that strict on it as long as you can make a reasonable case.

What is a side gaining by playing a rookie they didn’t consider to be good enough to be a top 30 player when the season started.

Chipmunk

Coach
Probably means more likely yes than no. And obviously if it's no it doesn't disprove probability. If you flip heads three times in a row it doesn't disprove the fact that the result is fifty-fifty.

So ALL 15 teams more likely use two hookers?

Latest posts