What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Broncos (Match Thread)

azsportza

Live Update Team
LU_Round_Banner-Forums-NRLbriwst_zps8050577a.png

Lu-Banner-Team-WestsTigers_zpsffc82ccc.png

1. Sean Meaney 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Tim Simona 5. Joel Reddy 6. Benji Marshall (c) 7. Curtis Sironen 8. Aaron Woods 9. Masada Iosefa 10. Adam Blair 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. Ben Murdoch-Masila 13. Braith Anasta

Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jack Buchanan 16. Ava Seumanufagai 17. Jarred Farlow

Blake Ayshford will return into the line-up this week

Full list of injured players here

Lu-Banner-Team-Broncos_zps761c9e67.png

1. Corey Norman 2. Josh Hoffman 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jordan Kahu 6. Scott Prince 7. Peter Wallace 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Sam Thaiday (c) 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. David Hala 16. Mitchell Dodds 17. Jarrod Wallace 18. Dunamis Lui

HoldenCup_Lu-Banner-Team_zps24ce9667.png

Wests Tigers Holden Cup Team (7th)
Line up TBC

Brisbane Broncos Holden Cup Team (2nd)
1. Kodi Nikorima 2. Paul Byrnes 3. Jordan Drew 4. Soape Palau 5. Elijah Alick 6. Duncan Paia'Aua 7. Cameron Cullen 8. Francis Molo 9. Jayden Berrell 10. Stephen Coombe 11. Ajuma Adams 12. Corey Oates 13. Jai Arrow

Interchange: 14. Brandon Lee 15. Caleb Timu 16. Jo Ofahengaue 17. Benjamin Garcia

Last edited:

azsportza

Live Update Team
1. Sean Meaney 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Tim Simona 5. Joel Reddy 6. Benji Marshall (c) 7. Curtis Sironen 8. Aaron Woods 9. Masada Iosefa 10. Adam Blair 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. Ben Murdoch-Masila 13. Braith Anasta
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jack Buchanan 16. Ava Seumanufagai 17. Jarred Farlow

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Ayshford coming back but losing Koro is overall negative for us. Its probably our best team but I'd love to see some of our players back especially Robbie. It will be interesting who stays in the squad though.

Lawrence over Koro. Fulton over Anasta. Will Anasta then move Sirro to the bench. Does Reddy keep his spot ?

Tiger05

First Grade
I cant say i am excited about another slow back returning!although we dont have much choice due to injuries.

Ayshford isn't a bad player. He might even be good but seeing Simona, Nofo and Koro get into the team and show some speed it makes you want more of that rather than plodding players.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ayshford povides something that Reddy doesn't in the centres, ability to break through the line and stick to tackles.

I'll happily sacrifice speed for that.

macnaz

Staff member
I Dont mind a slowish Ashford who can break a tackle and offload as long as he has someone with pacce outside him.. we lose that with Reddy.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I agree Macnaz. I have no problem with Ayshford when he has a speedy on the outside. I can recall many times he beat his man and set up the winger (the flying Utai), just a pity Utai lacked the required pace. Someone with pace (like Koro when fit or Nofo) is critical to supporting Ayshford.

Mick Cronin was far from fast (well deceptive maybe at best) and look how he could set up his outside backs. Ayshford could take a leaf out of Cronin's support play.

gronkathon

First Grade
Play Reddy at centre inside Simona and Nofo outside Aysh and I think we become a potent backline.

I am actually most confident in Reddy containing Hodges out of all our centre options. He could really give Simona a bath

Cronin had incredible strength and exceptional ball skills to set up his outside backs,although not a speedster he complimented his attributes by his positional play,Blake positional play at times is ordinary to say the least,i am not entirely blaming Blake, but you would think somebody from the coaching panel would of pointed out these flaws in his game to him.

Bench
Play Reddy at centre inside Simona and Nofo outside Aysh and I think we become a potent backline.

I am actually most confident in Reddy containing Hodges out of all our centre options. He could really give Simona a bath
Spot on,Reddy is a very good defensive centre,he is big and strong,he also has an off load like a forward,which we don't use enough.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Laurie Daley had a spot on the ch 9 pre-game last night and when asked about farah, he said "Robbie is focusing on getting himself right for the broncos game."

It'll be interesting to see who plays state cup today. If Lawrence and Ayshford are returning to the NRL this week then some starters from last week may miss out. I hope Simona can keep his place on koro's wing

Laurie Daley had a spot on the ch 9 pre-game last night and when asked about farah, he said "Robbie is focusing on getting himself right for the broncos game."

It'll be interesting to see who plays state cup today. If Lawrence and Ayshford are returning to the NRL this week then some starters from last week may miss out. I hope Simona can keep his place on koro's wing

Rob won't play.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Looks like this will be the line-up:

18. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma* 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Tim Simona 5. Joel Reddy 6. Benji Marshall (c) 7. Curtis Sironen 8. Aaron Woods 9. Masada Iosefa 10. Adam Blair 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. Ben Murdoch-Masila 13. Braith Anasta

Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jack Buchanan 16. Ava Seumanufagai 19. Liam Fulton

* David Nofoaluma still in doubt

Latest posts