What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Raiders

franklin2323

Immortal
What has brad tighe done to be on the outer.You would think if he is behind mansour at center he is in real trouble.you do wonder if he is on the to be moved on list

For me lack of foot work can't break a tackle or make 1 on 1 tackles. Lighting speed IF someone puts him in a gap. He's 29 so can't even say he will get stronger as he gets older.

franklin2323

Immortal
The issue is, if you have a bad defensive centre it screws up the entire backline.

Mansour will still get his hitups and offloads on the wing (as he's done the last year for us.)
Can't put him at fullback as he struggles with the high ball and has no passing/kicking game what so ever (which I think good fullbacks have - i.e. Moylan)

Best bet is;

1.T Robinson
2.Mansour
3.Brown
4.Whare
5.Simmo

I think Brown can help keep Mansour in position, so shouldn't leak many points on our edges.

Simpkins offers the option to do that. THough ideally Moylan's back

panthersam

Juniors
Apparently Edrick Lee has been ruled out for 3 months with a broken arm. This is a huge positive for us as he has been killing it as of late and it eases the pressure on Mansour and Robinson in the air.

Big Mick

Referee
If Wes plays, based on last week I worry for our 1, 2 and 5. Wes was standard but we need a creative fullback in this team, would rather Moss but that seems out of the question with this lot.

Will be interesting to see how Mansour goes, and if he starts and stays at centre the whole game, a back whose best ability is his offload should be given a shot at centre.

Offloading after contact in the middle of the field is quite different to drawing a man and setting up your winger.

betcats

Referee
Apparently Edrick Lee has been ruled out for 3 months with a broken arm. This is a huge positive for us as he has been killing it as of late and it eases the pressure on Mansour and Robinson in the air.

Yeah big positive for us, although Robinson goes well in the air the height difference is big.

franklin2323

Immortal
Offloading after contact in the middle of the field is quite different to drawing a man and setting up your winger.

Yeah. I can't see too much draw & pass though he might attract the winger with his strength pop the offload & Robinson's away

chrisD

Coach
Will be interesting how we line up defensively. Marking Ferguson is as difficult a job as there is atm. Cleary has a few options, switching Whare onto our left, playing Brown there for a while and not hiding Walsh or John on our left.

betcats

Referee
Just read on Panthers facebook that we have been given an exception for Moylan to play with the injury to Wes, good stuff.

panthersam

Juniors
So good to hear, will definitely be jumping on the boys at 4.75 now :) dem juicy odds. Let's give the Raiders there first loss at home this season!

murraymob

Coach
just on grant not sure if he is playing but he said all along he thought he would be out only 2 weeks.
On moylan our chances of winning the game have improved out of sight now

betcats

Referee
just on grant not sure if he is playing but he said all along he thought he would be out only 2 weeks.
On moylan our chances of winning the game have improved out of sight now

Yep Moylan adds a lot to our team, I think we beat the tigs if Matty plays.

JYD

Juniors
it's sounding like it's a forced injury to Wes and they won't be rushing him back....hahahaha

franklin2323

Immortal
?

A wish or have you heard something..

I asked him at the game how long. He said he could of played on Sunday with a needle but coaches told him to to have a week off. Now with the Tamou thing a spot's open. It's a broken thumb so not hard to play with if you can deal with the pain.

Even still Moylan plays on Sunday it's worth 20 points. 2nd half was poor but we have Moylan we score 2 more tries and he wouldn't of hung back for Simona to run past him & more then likely cleans up that kick.

Latest posts