What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - v Tigers

justadragon

Bench
Team selection for this will be interesting Dave, I cant see either CT or RAV not making it back into the side, just ask the young Penrith FB if Rav should be in NRL :) I dare say Lomax will go to centre and Rav outside him. The forwards will be a real headache, what to do with Lawrie and both the Couchmans, Sua comes back. Anyway very interesting Tuesday coming up. I dont know if Flanno will want to rest the SOO guys and has enough faith in the others to step up again. Many many questions that will all require answers !!

Parko1310

Juniors
Pretty nervous for this one. Tigers have zero origin players, coming off a bye. We have 3 origin players - all starters -and our game is less than 48 hours after full time in origin. Plus obviously Sele still out. Rest of our team on a 6 day turnaround vs Tigers on 14 day turnaround. Api will be looking to stake his claim for origin. This one won't be easy.. I feel we might need at least one origin player to back up

HenryTatana

Juniors
Pretty nervous for this one. Tigers have zero origin players, coming off a bye. We have 3 origin players - all starters -and our game is less than 48 hours after full time in origin. Plus obviously Sele still out. Rest of our team on a 6 day turnaround vs Tigers on 14 day turnaround. Api will be looking to stake his claim for origin. This one won't be easy.. I feel we might need at least one origin player to back up
How did we go against the dogs after our bye?

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Just getting in early! Often find it difficult to connect with logic/comments along the line of..”we should win this one because, “…EVERY game of the year is a danger game for Saints at the stage of where we are at as a team/club, with our rocks and diamond type performances ..

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I do feel that Flanno will check on how our trio of SOO players are feeling on Thursday after they cool down. Most probably have a few bumps and bruises. If they are ok, he could select them for Friday nights game. So I would imagine his team list on Tuesday will include them.

Flanno will definitely have some hard decisions to make.

I think that while we have a much shorter turn around than the Tigers, who should have their players raring to go, a longish break doesn't always help, so if we can stick to how we played against the Panthers we are in with a big chance to win.

The thing is though we have been a Jekyll and Hyde team mostly this year, so if Jekyll is stronger we win.

Team selection for this will be interesting Dave, I cant see either CT or RAV not making it back into the side, just ask the young Penrith FB if Rav should be in NRL :) I dare say Lomax will go to centre and Rav outside him. The forwards will be a real headache, what to do with Lawrie and both the Couchmans, Sua comes back. Anyway very interesting Tuesday coming up. I dont know if Flanno will want to rest the SOO guys and has enough faith in the others to step up again. Many many questions that will all require answers !!
Could we consider using Rav in a forward role? I have long thought he would be better suited in the second row/ lock or as the perfect utility bench role.

overall he is a bit clunky as a winger and will no longer have Lomax to set him up which has seen his try scoring dried up.

but he is beastly strong and mobile and belongs in first grade.

realise we have plenty of back rowers but I’d also want to see Finau or Tamale on the wing.

TheRev

Coach
Crucial game for sure.. we win this and the season is still alive and the gap to the spoon rly blows out...

We do have a hard time playing 2 good games in a row.. but youd think the confidence from that one and a weaker opposition.. def go in heavy favourites.

We also dont know how our 3 origin boys pull up yet, but I dont think we got any injuries last night.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Crucial game for sure.. we win this and the season is still alive and the gap to the spoon rly blows out...

We do have a hard time playing 2 good games in a row.. but youd think the confidence from that one and a weaker opposition.. def go in heavy favourites.

We also dont know how our 3 origin boys pull up yet, but I dont think we got any injuries last night.
Baby steps. The gap to the spoon should be our main concern.

Old Timer

Coach
FFS why all the conjecture please read all your previous posts and stop shuffling your feet.

Lawrie is a complete dud and can never be picked ahead of either Couchman.

Feagai's are back up at absolute best and probably on the exit plan due to several hundred posts of what they lack in speed etc so Rava gets his 1st grade gig back until a fast and defensively sound winger is created or purchased to replace him

Bird is out so Lomax centre with Rava outside him and Finau retains his spot on the other wing.

When Bird is back it is 14 as that is what is best for our team.

Tamale plays FB in reserves for the next 2 weeks to see if he can replicate his very sound game this week and if he can then he is looked at as the next man up for Sloan and Sloan is put on notice that he either gets it all right in the next 2 - 3 weeks or off to reserve grade to learn his trade. For all his positives Sloan's lack of commitment in vital plays is unacceptable. Tamale proved very physical in clutch moments yesterday despite all the posts about how poor his defence is.

Finau the bench hooker in reserve grade be fast tracked ahead of C M and potentially shifted onto our bench for the last 1/4 of our season.

Hunt never to captain again and is told told to f**k off asap as he is no longer required and he must remember to take his piss poor attitude with him.

RFM & Luc told that what they delivered yesterday is much more in line with our expectations and any drop off will mean they will shake hands with the reserve grade coach and the other Couchman as they exchange jerseys.

S F told to deliver his half time speech before they play.

Dragon David

First Grade
FFS why all the conjecture please read all your previous posts and stop shuffling your feet.

Lawrie is a complete dud and can never be picked ahead of either Couchman.

Feagai's are back up at absolute best and probably on the exit plan due to several hundred posts of what they lack in speed etc so Rava gets his 1st grade gig back until a fast and defensively sound winger is created or purchased to replace him

Bird is out so Lomax centre with Rava outside him and Finau retains his spot on the other wing.

When Bird is back it is 14 as that is what is best for our team.

Tamale plays FB in reserves for the next 2 weeks to see if he can replicate his very sound game this week and if he can then he is looked at as the next man up for Sloan and Sloan is put on notice that he either gets it all right in the next 2 - 3 weeks or off to reserve grade to learn his trade. For all his positives Sloan's lack of commitment in vital plays is unacceptable. Tamale proved very physical in clutch moments yesterday despite all the posts about how poor his defence is.

Finau the bench hooker in reserve grade be fast tracked ahead of C M and potentially shifted onto our bench for the last 1/4 of our season.

Hunt never to captain again and is told told to f**k off asap as he is no longer required and he must remember to take his piss poor attitude with him.

RFM & Luc told that what they delivered yesterday is much more in line with our expectations and any drop off will mean they will shake hands with the reserve grade coach and the other Couchman as they exchange jerseys.

S F told to deliver his half time speech before they play.
Spot on OT

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Drop Suli, Lawrie and Marschke and replace with Lomax, Sua' and Hunt. That would be my suggestion but won't happen. This is a game that the youngsters like Couchmans', Feagai's and Finau's can build their confidence with. Do it whilst they are on a high after a win. With Molo out put Marschke on the bench as cover for Liddle and as posted before, bring him on and move Hunt to 9 for a brief period to give Liddle a rest.

Crush

Coach
No way Ravalawa should get his wing spot back, why? Because he ran over the top of a kid to score a try? There has never been any doubt about his ability to steamroll defenders. It’s everything else he does or doesn’t do.
For me we keep Finau and Mat Fegai on the wings based on panthers game. Obviously with Suli and Lomax as centres. Did I read someone say to drop Suli? Geezus, he’s one of our best.

Forwards, Su’a and RFM on edges with Luciano coming off the bench.
Middles Frank Molo and JDB with BMM and Toby Couchman on the bench.
Eisenhouth 13.
Other bench spot Marshcke.