What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - v Tigers

justadragon

Bench
No way Ravalawa should get his wing spot back, why? Because he ran over the top of a kid to score a try? There has never been any doubt about his ability to steamroll defenders. It’s everything else he does or doesn’t do.
For me we keep Finau and Mat Fegai on the wings based on panthers game. Obviously with Suli and Lomax as centres. Did I read someone say to drop Suli? Geezus, he’s one of our best.

Forwards, Su’a and RFM on edges with Luciano coming off the bench.
Middles Frank Molo and JDB with BMM and Toby Couchman on the bench.
Eisenhouth 13.
Other bench spot Marshcke.
I agree with you crush but I dont think either CT or Rav will remain in KOE. In the forwards it depends on how Sua pulls up, would like to see Lawrie replaced with T Couchman. Suli needed a rocket like most of the team but after HT was good. I know who I would love to see at 14, but I know that wont happen.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just getting in early! Often find it difficult to connect with logic/comments along the line of..”we should win this one because, “…EVERY game of the year is a danger game for Saints at the stage of where we are at as a team/club, with our rocks and diamond type performances ..
I agree IT......as you stated there's no easy games anymore especially if Dr Jekyl didn't turn up but Mr Hyde did this week........with due respect the way we got on top of a very depleted Panthers side it may be vastly different to a full strength Tigers outfit.....Yes one team was on top of the ladder and the other are cellar dwellers but even so we will have to show the same resolve as we did yesterday.....albeit let's start the way we finished not the other way round

blacksafake

First Grade
No way Ravalawa should get his wing spot back, why? Because he ran over the top of a kid to score a try? There has never been any doubt about his ability to steamroll defenders. It’s everything else he does or doesn’t do.
For me we keep Finau and Mat Fegai on the wings based on panthers game. Obviously with Suli and Lomax as centres. Did I read someone say to drop Suli? Geezus, he’s one of our best.

Eisenhouth 13.
This I like very much.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
If we play our origin players then I hope we have Marschke on the bench as utility cover. I don't mind resting both Lomax & Sua as they'll play 80mins & aren't used to backing up from Origin unlike Hunt. Molo out injured opens a spot.

I'd be tempted to put Feagai or Tamale at fullback & bring in either CT or Rava.

1. Feagai
2. Finau
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. JDB
9. Liddle
10. Couchman
11. Leilua
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth

14. Marschke
15. RFM
16. R. Couchman
17. BMM

RFM on the bench to cover Su'a & Leilua when they need a break.

justadragon

Bench
If we play our origin players then I hope we have Marschke on the bench as utility cover. I don't mind resting both Lomax & Sua as they'll play 80mins & aren't used to backing up from Origin unlike Hunt. Molo out injured opens a spot.

I'd be tempted to put Feagai or Tamale at fullback & bring in either CT or Rava.

1. Feagai
2. Finau
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Flanno
7. Hunt
8. JDB
9. Liddle
10. Couchman
11. Leilua
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth

14. Marschke
15. RFM
16. R. Couchman
17. BMM

RFM on the bench to cover Su'a & Leilua when they need a break.
Can agree with most of your calls , but there is no way Sloan wont be there, his positional play has gotten way better, defence has improved by a mile, yep still an issue with bombs especially in the wet plus he was dealing with wingers that were new and had poor communication. It was a very difficult night for catching bombs.

TheRev

First Grade
Feagai did score a beautiful try, but he probably didnt score 1 earlier due to lack of pace to finish it.. its one of those things, Matt can absolutely do a job, fill in for injury.. all the hate that has come his way.. that has suddenly turned... but anyway.

Now that Lomax is back in the centres for a while, with wingers.. Matt vs CTui I am on the fence about.. but I still think the lack of pace is ultimately always going to be the 1-thing that stops Matt being a 1st-grade NRL player.. and I think its even more an issue at fullback.. even though he is useful at cup level, I think I want more pace chiming in from the back... as much as Sloan frustrates me no end.

Rava is in theory also superior to Feagai in terms of aggression and power running.. but if the lazy training is true, and he doesnt seem the same passionate animal he was.. even factoring in how hard it is to be a winger outside Suli.. I dunno what to do with Rava.. but I do think we should be rotating more in and out of reserve grade ongoing, I think a few players have gotten too comfortable with guaranteed 1st grade selection.

since77

Juniors

Eisenhouth 13.
As far as I'm concerned from this point on Flanno should just be picking on form. And if you lose your spot you have to wait for an opportunity to get it back.
So yep I'd keep the wingers who played against the Panthers - neither did anything wrong. Lomax back to centre.
And I'll be livid if I see Toby C dropped back to NSW cup.
Marshke should get the bench 14.

RedVee

First Grade
As far as I'm concerned from this point on Flanno should just be picking on form. And if you lose your spot you have to wait for an opportunity to get it back.
So yep I'd keep the wingers who played against the Panthers - neither did anything wrong. Lomax back to centre.
And I'll be livid if I see Toby C dropped back to NSW cup.
Marshke should get the bench 14.
I Agree with this

justadragon

Bench
The answer to that is probably no to both, Flanno did mention this in his PC, he said consistency rests with what you do on and off the field and he said the team is not there yet and will take time. As for Sloan well he is still young and learning and will not get everything right or do everything wrong on the same night, conditions change things a lot. I'll give you an example for the last few weeks young Armstrong had been having blinders standing in for Ponga, so much so there were contracts galore coming at him from everywhere, even the Roosters, check out his game on the weekend, multiple dropped bombs, missed numerous tackles and made a lot of mistakes under the conditions. He is 23 and Sloan is 21. As a matter of fact O'brien in his PC made mention that he should stop looking at all the offers and comments about how good he is and just focus on the team and playing good footy. Sloan is just a casual beast that will do brilliant and stupid things in one game, thus said in our team only he can do the brilliant stuff whereas there are lot who do all the stupid things. My opinion he is our future No 1 and loves being a Dragon, thats enough for me.

Last edited:

Latest posts