What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - v Tigers

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
i suspect the major issue is that Ben Hunt is mainly a right side half

Flanno can play both

Marschke is primarily a right side half

It really doesnt matter the number on their back

It matters what they do set to set in attack and defence ie what are their specific roles

Ben Hunt will stay right side

Marschke may struggle on the left? Flanno is a very good defender most weeks on teh left and moves his team around to set up plays for his no7.......sounds almost back to front doesnt?

But the reality one of the players needs more time in the halves to capitalise on opportunities ie more seconds on the 3rd 4th and 5th tackles.............for me that is Hunt I woud want with more time and space as a half.

I think Hunt is that guy just above the other two right now

Dragon David

First Grade
The answer to that is probably no to both, Flanno did mention this in his PC, he said consistency rests with what you do on and off the field and he said the team is not there yet and will take time. As for Sloan well is is still young and learning and will not get everything right or do everything wrong on the same night, conditions change things a lot. I'll give you an example for the last few weeks young Armstrong had been having blinders standing in for Ponga, so much so there were contracts galore coming at him from everywhere, even the Roosters, check out his game on the weekend, multiple dropped bombs, missed numerous tackles and made a lot of mistakes under the conditions. He is 23 and Sloan is 21. As a matter of fact O'brien in his PC made mention that he should stop looking at all the offers and comments about how good he is and just focus on the team and playing good footy. Sloan is just a casual beast that will do brilliant and stupid things in one game, thus said in our team only he can do the brilliant stuff whereas there are lot who do all the stupid things. My opinion he is our future No 1 and loves being a Dragon, thats enough for me.
Beautifully said and put together there justa.

steerlerbab

Juniors
We should not rush Hunt, Lomax and Sua after SOO. As somebody said above Hunt at 14 in case we need him and Sua plays off the bench (not getting more than 20 to 30 minutes each) and rest Lomax. We may have to drop Blocka for Sua and either BMM or Ryan for Ben. Let marshke, Liddle and Kyle play while Ben is watching off the bench and come in if the game close and we need him.

justadragon

Bench
We should not rush Hunt, Lomax and Sua after SOO. As somebody said above Hunt at 14 in case we need him and Sua plays off the bench (not getting more than 20 to 30 minutes each) and rest Lomax. We may have to drop Blocka for Sua and either BMM or Ryan for Ben. Let marshke, Liddle and Kyle play while Ben is watching off the bench and come in if the game close and we need him.
Surely you dont mean we bring BH on to help us close out a game :)

Perfect time to play Hunt and Sua offer the bench

Time for Hunt to play at 9 for 30 minutes

BLM01

First Grade
Right on cue Tiger bashing week just before they play us
It’s almost like the media are willing the Tigers to break the 8 game losing streak
Nothing but positivity now for Wayne’s bunnies who are still 17th
Am I just being paranoid or a wedged on Dragon supporter who has seen this movie before..
we are due for our down week!

i suspect the major issue is that Ben Hunt is mainly a right side half

Flanno can play both

Marschke is primarily a right side half

It really doesnt matter the number on their back

It matters what they do set to set in attack and defence ie what are their specific roles

Ben Hunt will stay right side

Marschke may struggle on the left? Flanno is a very good defender most weeks on teh left and moves his team around to set up plays for his no7.......sounds almost back to front doesnt?

But the reality one of the players needs more time in the halves to capitalise on opportunities ie more seconds on the 3rd 4th and 5th tackles.............for me that is Hunt I woud want with more time and space as a half.

I think Hunt is that guy just above the other two right now
In order for Hunt to have more time and space as a half would be for him to allow KF to game manage - but he either can't or won't do. I also don't know much about the left side right side aspects of Hunt, Flanno or Marsche

I just look at the Panthers , everyone knows their role, the system, the structures, the plays, the variable game day plans and their game manager, Cleary, runs the show. Not only does Cleary shine, he ensures he gets the maximum output from every player on the park.

Heaps then leave the club to sign the biggest contracts they've ever signed. But of all whom have been paid the big bucks, which clubs have secured a game breaker from Penrith? - None! (Except perhaps Capewell & Broncos).

We dodged a bullet with Turuva.

Like someone here said about Ben Hornby, Not in tha class of Cleary, Johns, Langer etc, but he could manage a games and bring the best out of the TEAM. He delivered 2010. You know what they say about a champion team V a team of champions?

I honestly believe KF is that sort of a game manager.

Hunt may statistically be better as an individual, but IMO he does not improve the team.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
In order for Hunt to have more time and space as a half would be for him to allow KF to game manage - but he either can't or won't do. I also don't know much about the left side right side aspects of Hunt, Flanno or Marsche

I just look at the Panthers , everyone knows their role, the system, the structures, the plays, the variable game day plans and their game manager, Cleary, runs the show. Not only does Cleary shine, he ensures he gets the maximum output from every player on the park.

Heaps then leave the club to sign the biggest contracts they've ever signed. But of all whom have been paid the big bucks, which clubs have secured a game breaker from Penrith? - None! (Except perhaps Capewell & Broncos).

Like someone here said about Ben Hornby, Not State of Origin, didn't play for Australia, but he could manage a games and bring the best out of the TEAM. He delivered 2010. You know what they say about a champion team V a team of champions?

Hunt may statistically be better as an individual, but IMO he does not improve the team.
Hornby did play a game for Australia

Like someone here said about Ben Hornby, Not in tha class of Cleary, Johns, Langer etc, but he could manage a games and bring the best out of the TEAM. He delivered 2010. You know what they say about a champion team V a team of champions?

Young Flanno is a much better defender than Ben Hunt

Latest posts