What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - v Tigers

steerlerbab

Juniors
One problem I have with the revised team is our bench. Flanno has chosen 4 forwards and twice this has worked against us (against Roosters and bulldogs).Switching Eisenhuh to play centre has not worked. If one of our backs gets injured or get knocked out then we are in trouble. I think Marshke should have been our 14.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Flannos decision to not select a utility on the bench after naming the origin players has the potential to backfire spectacularly.

I think we need to carry a utility at all times, considering we've been putrid when an outside back has been injured.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me
Fool me thrice, well I'm a fkn idiot

I hope it's not thrice tomorrow....

BLM01

First Grade
One problem I have with the revised team is our bench. Flanno has chosen 4 forwards and twice this has worked against us (against Roosters and bulldogs).Switching Eisenhuh to play centre has not worked. If one of our backs gets injured or get knocked out then we are in trouble. I think Marshke should have been our 14.
Its a hit up and hold the ball game tomorrow with kicks thrown in. It wont matter if a back goes down

TheRev

First Grade
o I thought the bench was a calculated risk against the Penrith.. all or nothing against a mighty forward pack... but rolling the dice again against the Tigers seems rather stubborn.. very similar to madges line-up.

o I will say it might indicate a lack of faith in Marshke/Brown/Conner as utilities.. tbh Brown has been there for the Roosters/Dogs games and it didnt help.. but it does cover Liddle.

o That said they must feel someone like either Couchman can cover the backline.. its the only thing that makes sense to me.. they must have a plan.. I dont however know what the plan is if Liddle gets a HIA which happens every now and then.

redv13

Bench
o I thought the bench was a calculated risk against the Penrith.. all or nothing against a mighty forward pack... but rolling the dice again against the Tigers seems rather stubborn.. very similar to madges line-up.

o I will say it might indicate a lack of faith in Marshke/Brown/Conner as utilities.. tbh Brown has been there for the Roosters/Dogs games and it didnt help.. but it does cover Liddle.

o That said they must feel someone like either Couchman can cover the backline.. its the only thing that makes sense to me.. they must have a plan.. I dont however know what the plan is if Liddle gets a HIA which happens every now and then.
On the last one rev I’ll throw this one up if Liddle goes down: Flanno to 9 and Leilua to 5/8. It’s supposed to be torrential down in the gong so like BLM01 said, it will be a slog tomorrow with very heavy conditions.

TheRev

First Grade
This might sound strange, but winning this game will do me for the season.. more wins than I had hoped.. beating the tigers twice, distancing ourselves from the most likely spoon side.. conversely to lose this week and give the tigers a big boost.. and also undo such a great win last week.. which will be such a serious downer as we go into some more difficult sides.

So yes huge game for me.. id hate to see it lost by losing a back.

Dragon David

First Grade
This might sound strange, but winning this game will do me for the season.. more wins than I had hoped.. beating the tigers twice, distancing ourselves from the most likely spoon side.. conversely to lose this week and give the tigers a big boost.. and also undo such a great win last week.. which will be such a serious downer as we go into some more difficult sides.

So yes huge game for me.. id hate to see it lost by losing a back.
I'm the same TheRev in a way. I'd like to see us win more than beating the Tigers again and I'm sure you would want that too. A win tonight in what could be sloppy conditions will increase our confidence which in turn will enhance our prospects in the remaining games.

I know that we have been easy beats in several of our games but something tells me that the team will not "crumble" in many more. Just believe in themselves and they will achieve.

Como Connection

First Grade
I'm the same TheRev in a way. I'd like to see us win more than beating the Tigers again and I'm sure you would want that too. A win tonight in what could be sloppy conditions will increase our confidence which in turn will enhance our prospects in the remaining games.

I know that we have been easy beats in several of our games but something tells me that the team will not "crumble" in many more. Just believe in themselves and they will achieve.
DD please keep me posted, now in Salzburg.
OSCC

Latest posts