What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Cowboys

Crush

Coach
OK, let’s get real for a sec.
We will never get a better time to play Cowboys and come away with 2 points. They will have some of their strongest players out or backing up from Origin.
It’s time to win games, not learn from mistakes etc etc. I don’t want to narrowly lose this game only to hear Hook talk about how brave we were blah blah. Need to win these games. We are at full strength or close to it, coming off bye, around the top 8 with everything to play for.

dungay dragon

Juniors
We will never get a better time to play Cowboys and come away with 2 points. They will have some of their strongest players out or backing up from Origin.
It’s time to win games, not learn from mistakes etc etc. I don’t want to narrowly lose this game only to hear Hook talk about how brave we were blah blah. Need to win these games. We are at full strength or close to it, coming off bye, around the top 8 with everything to play for.
know it wont happen BUT love to see Hook ;
Start with Sullivan @ 7 ...Has trained there all week
Start Ben @ 9 ...If he wants to play/start
Give Macca a week off
Start Simms from bench
Def have both Moose and Sua in the 17...Moose up against his old sire will come out Smokin...
Need to start Fast and Play fast ..Ruck speed has to be priority and vastly improve our speed off the line in Defence .Hold the bloody line Dont wait for them to come to us..
Big opportunity tonite .Have had 2 weeks to prepare and almost at full strength ....

mickeylane

Bench
know it wont happen BUT love to see Hook ;
Start with Sullivan @ 7 ...Has trained there all week
Start Ben @ 9 ...If he wants to play/start
Give Macca a week off
Start Simms from bench
Def have both Moose and Sua in the 17...Moose up against his old sire will come out Smokin...
Need to start Fast and Play fast ..Ruck speed has to be priority and vastly improve our speed off the line in Defence .Hold the bloody line Dont wait for them to come to us..
Big opportunity tonite .Have had 2 weeks to prepare and almost at full strength ....
I think Hook willl paly all his cards here...nothing left on the table (Sua, Mcguire, Hunt, sims all in the squad or starting line up...)

Walpole

Juniors
Well said, if we're fair dinkum about making the 8 this year this is a game we need to win. There's no time for a noble loss.

thebigredv

First Grade
This one really pits the two coaches against each other more than anything.

Both started with a squad in a very low place at exactly the same time. It would appear the more novice coach has done a lot more with his lot than the old hand.

A chance for Hook's boys to make a statement. Make it tonight.

The 'give him time' stuff is losing its credibility when you see how far the Cowboys have come.

Illusion

Bench
Well said, if we're fair dinkum about making the 8 this year this is a game we need to win. There's no time for a noble loss.
Yep no more I'm proud of the boys , the way they defended on their line , had a player sent to the bin , bad Ref call ,my pie was cold and I didn't get sauce , but we lost ..... There always seems to be an excuse ......

justadragon

Bench
Sims is out and Moose is in, probably give Su'a another week. This is the time to see what we are made of as Crush has said above, lets cut out the excuses and put on a show, lets hope we se Sullivan at 7, I did say hope, for once lets pull our finger out in the second half of the season without fading away badly and having shit excuses, it either starts here or the rot sets in,,,,Go the Dragons !!!!!

st.phil

Bench
I've tipped the cows with the herd - but think we are a close to 50/50 chance - could not resist some cheeky cash on the Drags at 5.10...

Realistically they are playing far more consistent footy that us - we clock off for minimum 20-30 mins a game at pres BUT yep - good time to get them and we seem to lift for such occasions.

True_Believer

Juniors
I've tipped the cows with the herd - but think we are a close to 50/50 chance - could not resist some cheeky cash on the Drags at 5.10...

Realistically they are playing far more consistent footy that us - we clock off for minimum 20-30 mins a game at pres BUT yep - good time to get them and we seem to lift for such occasions.
This is the reality of it. They are more consistent at the moment and are playing really well with confidence. I can't see us winning this game given the home town advantage (and believe me it's an advantage up here), but if we don't win I'm looking for the team to really dig in and challenge them.

Illusion

Bench
Sims is out and Moose is in, probably give Su'a another week. This is the time to see what we are made of as Crush has said above, lets cut out the excuses and put on a show, lets hope we se Sullivan at 7, I did say hope, for once lets pull our finger out in the second half of the season without fading away badly and having shit excuses, it either starts here or the rot sets in,,,,Go the Dragons !!!!!
I hope Sully does play at 7, but if he does and they lose or he makes a mistake, knowing Hook he will drop him and we dont see him again ..... Needs to stick with him ..... This is what scares me most .....