What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Dragons

Iamback

Coach
One game in 3 years... well done

So Capewell didn't play centre at ANY stage here?

Hell Naden played a PF and GF on the bench

Critter came off the bench for the 1st few games of 2020.

Tago's 1st 6 games off the bench

Turuva debuted off the bench

Girds89

Bench
So Capewell didn't play centre at ANY stage here?

Hell Naden played a PF and GF on the bench

Critter came off the bench for the 1st few games of 2020.

Tago's 1st 6 games off the bench

Turuva debuted off the bench
You've officially lost the plot

Kilkenny

Coach
The Dragons line speed and effective slowing down of our play the ball made it difficult for us tonight. We should have been awarded a penalty in our set immediately prior to the Lomax levelling the game up. We got nothing and Sutton found them a penalty coming out of there own end resulting in the try off the kick to Lomax. The gift of the piggy back penalty.

It was a tough hard slog tonight, I don’t see that the criticism of some players is deserved. I think sometimes we expect too much of the team or of certain individuals which is just not realistic. it was a dour game, in trying conditions, against a side who through the ball around and had a real crack. I didn’t particularly enjoy the game, but I thought it was a good win in the end.

Last edited:
Always have to look for positives, or should do, rather than take the easy option and just find negatives.
Outside of losing our best player to an injury I thought there was only positives to come out of the game; a win during the Origin period is the sole goal.

Even Cleary’s injury may be a blessing in disguise if it a) freshens him up for the run home and b) helps the team to learn to play more direct in his absence.

Of course, doesn’t help the mighty blues.

Kilkenny

Coach
Outside of losing our best player to an injury I thought there was only positives to come out of the game; a win during the Origin period is the sole goal.

Even Cleary’s injury may be a blessing in disguise if it a) freshens him up for the run home and b) helps the team to learn to play more direct in his absence.

Of course, doesn’t help the mighty blues.
My allegiance is to the Panthers not the Blues.

No blessing in disguise around hamstring issues they can be very problematic going forward.

we got away with one tonight in a tough contest not sure we may be as fortunate in the weeks ahead.

We will definitely have to be better.

My allegiance is to the Panthers not the Blues.

No blessing in disguise around hamstring issues they can be very problematic going forward.

we got away with one tonight in a tough contest not sure we may be as fortunate in the weeks ahead.

We will definitely have to be better.
Well some of us have the emotional capacity to follow teams in two different competitions.

And we don’t have to be better right now. Just need to win at this time of the season.

Kilkenny

Coach
Well some of us have the emotional capacity to follow teams in two different competitions.

And we don’t have to be better right now. Just need to win at this time of the season.
I’m not suggesting you don’t passionately follow the Blues, not at all mate, it is just me. I watch SOO hoping for a Blues win, but more than anything I watch hoping our representatives come thru unscathed, it’s just me.

Iamback

Coach
Not quite. Regardless the try assist from Luke was a terrific example of what he is capable off, the scoot out of dummy half, thru the gap and the deft inch perfect kick into the in goal and Longi is there to finish it off.

Yes but NSW Cup is a much slower pace. The trick is to do stuff like that in the much quicker pace of the top grade.

That is where he has struggled so far

Bob

Juniors
I’m not suggesting you don’t passionately follow the Blues, not at all mate, it is just me. I watch SOO hoping for a Blues win, but more than anything I watch hoping our representatives come thru unscathed, it’s just me.
I do the same, not really all that fussed by origin, with Nathan having a hamstring problem it's a good time to get his wisdom teeth out,

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes but NSW Cup is a much slower pace. The trick is to do stuff like that in the much quicker pace of the top grade.

That is where he has struggled so far
I don’t know whether you were there or not but can you just not give credit where credit is due regardless of the opposition or pace of the game. FFS just find a positive for a change.

The kid gets 72 minutes in cup, opportunities to express himself which he hasn’t had in NRL and delivers a freakish try Along with another try assist. He did have a few mistakes but overall very good.

Kilkenny

Coach
I know you get off from arguing for the sake of arguing but I just listed several examples of back coverage being on the bench.

Yet suddenly it isn't needed?
Seriously mate, if anyone’s opinions don’t fit your narrative you just call them out.

It is tiresome. How often do you put forward a like for anyone’s opinions other than your fan boys.

No objectivity.

I think you are clearly very passionate and for that you should be commended but you just don’t tolerate anyone who opposes your perspective.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I thought Cogger under the circrumstances did OK tonight..

Though STI played a 'spoiling type' of game tonight. Got many 50 / 50 calls re penalties.

Some at the game stated that Sutton was calling STI players offside nearly every set (without penalising).

I noticed that Yeo spoke to the refs at 1/2 time about this too.

I thought that Kenny did really well, considering he played 80 mins. I imagine the original plan was for Cogger to come in and play dummy half when needed.

More than happy to take an ugly win, and move unto next week.

Latest posts