What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Dragons

martielang

Bench
Would like to see Garner get a prolonged stretch on that left edge. I think his line running could open up a bit of space.

Hoskings is going good but we really give him limited opportunities to show what he has other than grunt work. Runs some decent lines that get ignored a lot.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
I have to say that was out best Bench for a very very long time. Apparently Nathan had a niggle before the game and why Cogger was put in. With a fit squad that bench would be impactful enough to go all the way.

The Realist

Juniors
Would like to see Garner get a prolonged stretch on that left edge. I think his line running could open up a bit of space.

Hoskings is going good but we really give him limited opportunities to show what he has other than grunt work. Runs some decent lines that get ignored a lot.

I think Garner has potential but who misses out? As Martin regains match fitness I would assume that he will go back on the Left edge where Sorenson currently is, and Soro back to the bench.

The reason I like Garner particularly on the bench is because he can play centre more than adequately and that provides cover for the outside backs.

As you say he runs good lines as a 2nd rower but he seems to lack fitness of a good 2nd rower and his defence is a little rickety - and that is a big no no in our current Panther team.

WestyLife

First Grade
Seriously mate, if anyone’s opinions don’t fit your narrative you just call them out.

It is tiresome. How often do you put forward a like for anyone’s opinions other than your fan boys.

No objectivity.

I think you are clearly very passionate and for that you should be commended but you just don’t tolerate anyone who opposes your perspective.

The irony of the cheerleader calling others not objective.

soc123_au

Staff member
Flange Jnr doing pretty good at 9 in NSW cup. If we have any spare cash I'd be making a pre June 30 play for him.

Iamback

Coach
I think Garner has potential but who misses out? As Martin regains match fitness I would assume that he will go back on the Left edge where Sorenson currently is, and Soro back to the bench.

The reason I like Garner particularly on the bench is because he can play centre more than adequately and that provides cover for the outside backs.

As you say he runs good lines as a 2nd rower but he seems to lack fitness of a good 2nd rower and his defence is a little rickety - and that is a big no no in our current Panther team.

We seem to find 20 odd mins for Salmon.

That would be my start, It likely takes him getting extended minutes due to HIA.

Certainly a point of difference then we currently have in the 17

Iamback

Coach
I have to say that was out best Bench for a very very long time. Apparently Nathan had a niggle before the game and why Cogger was put in. With a fit squad that bench would be impactful enough to go all the way.

It might of been fine last night but long term it doesn't work.

Spencer with match fitness gets more than 29 mins.

Martin too only played 46.

MrBlack

Juniors
St George should do all they can to keep Hunt. They were a literal one man show last night.

Cogger went better than I thought he would. Will improve knowinghe has the 7 for a few weeks to come.

T'oo was strong, Taruva was safe, Martin was outstanding and probably our best on field.

I think Luai is going ok (trying hard, but its just not coming off for him). There is so much more focus on him lately. I really hope he doesnt get selected for SOO2.

Actually hope none of our boys get selected. Im a bit over all the Panther blame. If there are better players, then pick them....

Lastly - funny how no one is talking up M.Moses to replece Cleary.

The Realist

Juniors
Lastly - funny how no one is talking up M.Moses to replece Cleary

There aren't really any Form halfbacks in the NRL this year. DCE started the year in hot form but has been mediocre since. The closest I can think of is Reynolds. This year, he is the best halfback over the course of the season.

Munky

Coach
There aren't really any Form halfbacks in the NRL this year. DCE started the year in hot form but has been mediocre since. The closest I can think of is Reynolds. This year, he is the best halfback over the course of the season.

Hynes versus bottom eight opposition...

hindy111

Post Whore

I thought Cole was a half?

hindy111

Post Whore
St George should do all they can to keep Hunt. They were a literal one man show last night.

Cogger went better than I thought he would. Will improve knowinghe has the 7 for a few weeks to come.

T'oo was strong, Taruva was safe, Martin was outstanding and probably our best on field.

I think Luai is going ok (trying hard, but its just not coming off for him). There is so much more focus on him lately. I really hope he doesnt get selected for SOO2.

Actually hope none of our boys get selected. Im a bit over all the Panther blame. If there are better players, then pick them....

Lastly - funny how no one is talking up M.Moses to replece Cleary.

M.Moses has the best kicking game after Nathan but he isnt clutch.Also goal kicks. Hynes is in the squad and is the best ballplayer but not a great kicker. Reynolds is most experienced and goal kicks and a great kick game also.

I'm unsure who's the best player of the 3. Hynes is in the squad however so maybe go with him. It's a toss of the coin.

Iamback

Coach

Very few consistently good sides out there, Even less with NSW eligible halves running around