What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs. Raiders Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Another game without our origin stars. Thaiday, Lockyer definitely out. Parker and Yow Yeh likely also to be out. There is some talk Reed could be a bolter if Inglis isn't fit for the game.

The absence of Campese (groin injury) and Dugan (injured/SOO) will make things a little easier, but Canberra's forward pack will still be strong, especially with the return of Learoyd-Lahrs.

Can the young Broncos get over the line here?

What is your anticipated line-up?

Discuss!

Mr Fourex

Bench
No S.O.O players........

1. Hoffman
2. Copely
3. Reed (Inglis looked like he pulled up fine yesterday)
4. Beale
5. Gagai
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Anderson
9. McCullough
10. Tronc
11. Carlaw
12. McQuire
13. Glenn

14. Baptiste
15. Hala
16. Dodds
17. Kenny

Bit of an injury cloud over the players in bold

This is the type of game IMO that Carlaw was bought back for. Time to stand up Dane!!

Tough game for the Broncs even with the raiders being down in the shitter.

A very important game to win .........the game Vs the dragons the week after will be even tougher.

IBA

Juniors
The talk is that Taylor will be named for QLD which I'm guessing Parker will lose his spot for. Bringing Parker on late in the second half for 20 odd minutes is not the way he plays best. He's an excellent 80 minute footballer, not an impact player and I think that will cost him his position. Not that I mind.

Gillett must be close and we could really use another 2nd rower. It scares me that Lui is next in line and will probably play.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Surely Lillyman has to make way for Taylor. He was our least effective forward and Parker is outstanding in every single game. Would be nice to have him available for the Broncos, I spose. Hope your right about Tronc and McGuire. Canberra have nothing. Broncs by 13+

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that McGuire is still going to be out for a while, around another 5 weeks or so. He almost lost sight in that eye he injured.

No idea about Kenny and Tronc though.

I'm with you DR, I reckon they will drop Lillyman, unfortunately for the Broncos.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
The word is Lillyman will make way and parker will retain his spot.

McGuire is still a fair bit off, and Gillett still has his foot in a boot. I'm not even sure if kenny and Tronc will be available...

IBA

Juniors
That's good for Parker. I would have liked him to play for Broncs but his form is definately good enough for an origin spot.

Who are other 2nd row options for us? We're missing Thaiday, Parker, T'eo and Gillett...

If Tronc, McGuire and Kenny are all unfit, we're looking at some debuatantes i think...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The backrow will probably be Glenn, Lui and Carlaw.

It's such a shame having so many injuries. We could have fielded a reasonable team. We can still win, the raiders rely alot on Campese and Dugan. Our forwards will have to play above their ability though.

Snappy

Coach
Our first sunday game of the year and we get ripped off with an origin depleted team. Really sick of this crap and the new commission better bloody fix it. Anyway that an argument for another thread.

Never really confident when we have the stars missing. Hope the young guns can step up for once and get us two points without Locky and Co.

1.Hoffman
2.Copley
3.Reed
4.Beale
5.Gagai
6.Baptiste
7.Wallace
8.Carlaw
9.McCullough
10.Anderson
11.Glenn
12.Lui
13.Frei
14.Dodds
15.Hala
16.Norman
17.Moylan

AuDragon

Juniors
1.Hoffman
2.Copley
3.Reed
4.Beale
5.Gagai
6.Baptiste
7.Wallace
8.Carlaw
9.McCullough
10.Anderson
11.Glenn
12.Lui
13.Frei
14.Dodds
15.Hala
16.Norman
17.Moylan
What's with this idea of getting Baptiste into the halves? He's a hooker and a damm good one too, which we need much harder than a halve!
Norman at 6, Baptiste at 9 and Macca at 14 as a utility backup for hooker, lock or halves in an emergency.

IBA

Juniors
Agreed. Norman will play 6. Wonder how many games Baptiste has to impress with before getting the starting 9. Surely the coaching staff can see the problems around the ruck in attack are hurting us...

Shame about Mac, h puts everything he has into every game. Tackles his heart out. But with his size, if he doesn't have speed, he just won't cut it.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Baptiste is lightning quick. Excellent pass accuracy, even the long ones. I don't recall seeing him kick yet, though. We need that third kicking option.

Sidestep

Juniors
Baptiste has a sound kicking game. Can not play big minutes of NRL yet, he is out of juice quickly. He will get there and is being nursed along, best thing long term for his career and the Broncos.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Sidestep you seem to be in the know, is the club interested in retaining him?

i asked him what his contract situation was at the below the broder fan day on sat and he said he was hopeful of re-signing. i cant eblieve we havent seen more of him in 1st grade

The Crane

Juniors
I can't recall Baptiste making an impression in defence yet either - for me, that means he should remain our bench hooker, who can come in and give us an attacking spark.

I could be wrong though - anyone know his tackles made stats over the last two weeks?

user_nat

Coach
Defense stats ahoy.

vs Manly
McCullough
Minutes - 52
Tackles - 40
Ineffective - 0
Missed - 1
Baptiste
Minutes - 28
Tackles - 14