What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs. Raiders Discussion + Voting

IBA

Juniors
Defense stats ahoy.

vs Manly
McCullough
Minutes - 52
Tackles - 40
Ineffective - 0
Missed - 1
Baptiste
Minutes - 28
Tackles - 14
Ineffective - 3
Missed - 1

Vs Cronulla
McCullough
Minutes - 57
Tackles - 41
Ineffective - 1
Missed - 1
Baptiste
Minutes - 23
Tackles - 8
Ineffective - 0
Missed - 1

Not exactly amazing.

Keep in mind that his time onfield against the sharks, possession was fairly heavily in our favour. I though he made solid, strong tackles. Looking forward to seeing how his clearing kicks from dummy half go. If he has that, once he has the ability to play more minutes, we have to start using him as starting hooker. Sure his defensive load isnt as heavy as mac, but that spark in attack is what we are missing badly

AuDragon

Juniors
Keep in mind that his time onfield against the sharks, possession was fairly heavily in our favour. I though he made solid, strong tackles. Looking forward to seeing how his clearing kicks from dummy half go. If he has that, once he has the ability to play more minutes, we have to start using him as starting hooker. Sure his defensive load isnt as heavy as mac, but that spark in attack is what we are missing badly
This.

Against the Sharks, he didn't tackle much, but when he did, he hit hard and stopped much bigger men than him, I was really impressed.
Only need to get his endurance up, so he can become our main hooker, hopefully and 80 minute one...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Official Team named.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.a...=jack-reed-switches-to-lock-for-raiders-clash

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Dane Gagai
3 Dale Copley
4 Gerard Beale
5 Shea Moylan
6 Corey Norman
7 Peter Wallace
8 Nick Kenny
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Scott Anderson
11 Alex Glenn (c)
12 Dane Carlaw
13 Jack Reed
Interchange
14 Kurt Baptiste
15 Dunamis Lui
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Dave Hala
Coach Anthony Griffin

Surprise there is Reed moving to Lock. Is that a sneak peak into the future for Reed?

Shifting Reed to lock means the great Moylan will finally get a run.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Official Team named.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.a...=jack-reed-switches-to-lock-for-raiders-clash

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Dane Gagai
3 Dale Copley
4 Gerard Beale
5 Shea Moylan
6 Corey Norman
7 Peter Wallace
8 Nick Kenny
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Scott Anderson
11 Alex Glenn (c)
12 Dane Carlaw
13 Jack Reed
Interchange
14 Kurt Baptiste
15 Dunamis Lui
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Dave Hala
Coach Anthony Griffin

Surprise there is Reed moving to Lock. Is that a sneak peak into the future for Reed?

Shifting Reed to lock means the great Moylan will finally get a run.

Shows the opinion Griffin has of Moylan moving Reed to lock so he can fit in. Bit surprised he has been picked actually. Been hampered by injury the last 2 weeks. Good luck to the kid though. He's not a big talker so he may struggle a bit on the wing but should still do the job. He knows the Raiders fellas better than most of his team mates.:lol:

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Congrats to Glenn. It is a very big deal to captain the Broncos. I think he might push for the Kiwi captaincy in a few years, too.

DeeJ

Bench
Shows the opinion Griffin has of Moylan moving Reed to lock so he can fit in. Bit surprised he has been picked actually. Been hampered by injury the last 2 weeks. Good luck to the kid though. He's not a big talker so he may struggle a bit on the wing but should still do the job. He knows the Raiders fellas better than most of his team mates.:lol:

He probably won't play anyway. Parker, Yow Yeh and Hannant will more than likely back up like they did after Origin 1.

Sidestep

Juniors
Sidestep you seem to be in the know, is the club interested in retaining him?

Big Pete I have always enjoyed your comments, you have a very sound and unbiased understanding of our game. In relation to your question I would be very disappointed if that were not the case. He will only get better, especially with a 2nd NRL preseason under his belt and he has been at the Club since he was a 14 year old.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
yep this is one game we HAVE to play without our origin stars, independent of any resting policy

The Crane

Juniors
The changes are exciting - will be interesting to see how the guys go - but the fact of the matter is, this is a pretty important game. In normal circumstances, you would chalk up a win for this one, but our named forwards are outmatched on paper, and our backline is basically an under 20's backline.

I have faith that Broncs can get the W, but EVERYONE needs to step up.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
The changes are exciting - will be interesting to see how the guys go - but the fact of the matter is, this is a pretty important game. In normal circumstances, you would chalk up a win for this one, but our named forwards are outmatched on paper, and our backline is basically an under 20's backline.

I have faith that Broncs can get the W, but EVERYONE needs to step up.

The named forwards were 'outmatched' on paper last week. No NRL forward pack is strong with Nick Kenny or Scott Anderson as starting prop. I wouldn't be fearful if they were starting prop in a Qld Cup team.

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors

Shows Grffin is either playing mind games or being a dickhead again.
Playing Copley at centre again :crazy:
Why shift Reed when he has been the most consistent back.
Frei to come onto the bench, Dodds starting, Reed to centre, Moylan back to the super bowl.

I see Seagullscock making excuses already for Moylan if he play shieet :lol:

beads6

First Grade
Don't like moving Reed, it only makes our team weaker. Surely we could find a lock forward from QLD cup or the under 20's.