What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Sea Eagles

Crush

Coach
Predicted McGregor presser "yeah we were going OK until we lost our club captain and hooker in Cam. After that we went away from our systems and struggled to gain ascendency.
I was excited with what I saw from our outside backs today though and its great to have depth with so may guys not available. We didn't have a number of players available today you know?
Yeah its hard not having players available. Its been tough not having Gaz and Jack if I'm going to be honest.
But thats not an excuse......"

Widdop has played his last game for the club we won’t be making semis which is the only scenario I would envisage mary trying to slot him in the team and knowing the way he coaches he’ll put him in for one game which will be the last home and away game

Exactly Dennis.... That's enough of a clue for anyone to gauge his ability...but not our board.
They don't care about the fans but they want them to keep paying for memberships and merchandise.
Players look psychologically spent.
And we are just past the half way mark.
But maybe this is the season we had to have which finally exposes what an imposter McGregor really is.
I don't know how Johnston can live with himself after watching these drubbings week in week out.
He rationalized the extension to all the fans with hand on heart.
Useless.

getsmarty

Immortal
Predicted McGregor presser "yeah we were going OK until we lost our club captain and hooker in Cam. After that we went away from our systems and struggled to gain ascendency.
I was excited with what I saw from our outside backs today though and its great to have depth with so may guys not available. We didn't have a number of players available today you know?
Yeah its hard not having players available. Its been tough not having Gaz and Jack if I'm going to be honest.

And the Board facilitate this....

Worst game I have seen Leilua play. We needed our forwards to run the ball hard against a big Manly pack and Luc decides he is a link man.

No McInnes & no JDB = no ruck speed and no ruck defence.

No Graham= No effort from the younger forwards.

Lawrie is too small and ineffective.

Young Robson had a shocker.

Frizzell, the Sims brother and the halves had a go.

As usual, poor use of bench and poor bench composition.

Negative unimaginative tactics.

Don’t understand why Field is on the bench. No point bringing him on when we are 18 plus points behind.

Can’t wait to see the presser.

I agree with the poster who stated the red V should not be used until the players and coaching staff reach a level deserving of wearing it.

I agree with the poster you stated Garrick and Herbert and no worse than our current wingers.

Most depressing thing is I can’t see us avoiding the wooden spoon.

I wonder if the board will take action to sack Mary after we lose the next 3 games.

getsmarty

Immortal
Worst game I have seen Leilua play. We needed our forwards to run the ball hard against a big Manly pack and Luc decides he is a link man.

Don’t understand why Field is on the bench. No point bringing him on when we are 18 plus points behind.

I agree with the poster who stated the red V should not be used until the players and coaching staff reach a level deserving of wearing it.

I agree with the poster you stated Garrick and Herbert and no worse than our current wingers.

I wonder if the board will take action to sack Mary after we lose the next 3 games.

Nothing will change.....maybe less than 5K at the game will make them take notice.....I'm done going to games until the current coach and Board are gone...no enjoyment watching anymore...

Last edited:

while Canterbury is around we won’t get the spoon wait till they get DWZ lol then we’re phucked

ozbuck

Juniors
What does Hunt make per game? $800,000 / 25...

$32,000.

He just earnt $32,000 this afternoon for that 80mins.

Even Ravalara probably earnt $6,000 this afternoon. He's happy.

Most of these players are all smiles after a big loss because they don't really care. At the end of the day they still win.

Let’s be honest the Coach is just not up to NRL stand closely followed by the players and our board.
Classic example was Garrick today.
There were 4 wingers on the field and Garrick was head and shoulders above the other 3.
Yet he was playing for Manly and not us.
A number of posters on here said that he was no big loss but I have been following him all year and compared to all our current alternatives, he IS a big loss.
Scored 7 tries already this year including one today, good defender, lightning fast (reeled in Pearson who's supposed to be a flyer), good under the high ball, big body and returns the ball well AND a deadly accurate goal kicker.
Yet we were happy to let him go and buy up a bunch of untried alternatives.
The ex St.George boys had a field day today.

getsmarty

Immortal
Manly smoke the Dragons at Lottoland
Author
Alicia Newton NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Sun 16 Jun 2019, 03:55 PM
newtonalicia-head.png

Tom Trbojevic has warmed up for Origin II in style to help Manly overcome an eight-point deficit and beat St George Illawarra 34-14 at Lottoland on Sunday afternoon.

Trbojevic scored a late try, churned out 334 metres with two line breaks, nine tackle busts, five offloads and a try assist in a dazzling return performance since injuring his hamstring at the same venue two months ago.

The timing couldn't be any more perfect for the Sea Eagles fullback ahead of the second Holden State of Origin clash with Des Hasler's men piling on 34 unanswered points after the Dragons skipped out to an 8-0 lead early.

St George Illawarra came out firing with Blues forwards Paul Vaughan (150 metres) and Tyson Frizell (127 metres) setting a platform early but ran out of puff after losing Cameron McInnes to a nasty head knock a quarter of the way into the game.

A Ben Hunt try close to the line shortly was followed by a penalty goal from in front as the Sea Eagles struggled with discipline, but the visitors' momentum came to a stop when McInnes left the field.

Both sides were without their starting No.9's soon after when Sea Eagles rake Apisai Koroisau went down with a leg problem.

Match: Sea Eagles v Dragons

Round 14 - Sunday 16th June

Full Time

Home Team

Sea Eagles

Scored 34 points

Away Team

Dragons

Scored 14 points

Venue: Lottoland

Match broadcasters:

• Foxtel
  • LIVE PASS
  • KAYO
Manly begun to hit the accelerator after an opening quarter of defence but a Jonus Pearson try saver on Tom Trbojevic denied certain points after a Reuben Garrick line-break.

The home side didn't have to wait long to get their first points through Garrick though, with Daly Cherry-Evans placing a deft kick for the winger to plant the ball down in quick fashion.

A poor pass from Reece Robson, replacing McInnes at hooker, turned the ball over for the Dragons and Sea Eagles five-eighth Cade Cust made light work of the left edge defence with a short kick for Dylan Walker to score.

Manly extended their lead six minutes into the second half with a strip call on Jack Gosiewski allowing the prop to burrow over from close range in the ensuing set.

From there the Sea Eagles continued to march down the field as their ability to create second phase came into play.

A line break from Trbojevic – his first of the match – helped set up a simple try for Cade Cust in the following play.

Tom Trbojevic break lays platform for Cust try

Trbojevic was in the game again when he put his foot on the accelerator to split Dragons defenders through the middle and send Manese Fainu over under the posts.

The game was iced when Trbojevic pounced on a loose Corey Norman chip kick to race 75 metres to the line.

Euan Aitken got a consolation try down the right edge on fulltime but the afternoon belonged to Manly's No.1 in front of 8,468 fans on the Northern Beaches.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/06/16/manly-smoke-the-dragons-at-lottoland/

Deflectathon...

possm

Coach
I'm glad you mentioned the players in there. If the coach needs to be axed for his performances the players need to be axed too.
Yes, but that should be up to the new head coach and Gould. If I had a say the following players would be shown the door:
Dufty to reserve grade
Pearson to reserve grade
Maranta - gone
Aitken - gone
Rava - to reserve grade
Lawrie - to reserve grade
Graham - gone
Latimore - gone
Allgood - gone
Robson - already going

I believe a new top grade coach would be able to improve the proformance of the remaining players.
1. Lomax
2. Saab
3. New recruit
4. New recruit
5. New recruit
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. RCG
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Host
13. Frizell

14. K Sims - prop rotation
15. Timm - prop rotation
16. Leilua - prop/backrow rotation
17. Ford - backrow rotation

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
Just repeating the obvious but after about the 20th minute when we lost Mc Innes, it was bloody disgrace. Manly made us look the same way we made the Bulldogs look last week - comprehensively inept.
For crying out loud! After all the talk about taking a step away, resetting and going back to basics....where is our resolve in defence! Once McInnes went off and the interchange came on, our defence went as soft and sloppy as junket!I didn't see too many backs making much of difference either. Where was Norman the senior halve? I hardly heard his name called. Anyway, what's the point? Today only confirmed our severe lack of resolve and desire to win.

qld redvee

Juniors
can anybody let me know what position Field was playing when he got on and also what he brings to the team under our game plan ? Also before the game mary said about maranta "he was last man standing " thats how he got the position . Our stocks for first grade are at an absolute minimum . We need to find a centre quicksmart .. And agree Korbin was left off way too long