What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Sea Eagles

Old Timer

Coach
My word, you really are having a bad day with all of this..

Bird had a couple of good seasons but is now a liability and on the outer..

I never said Sele would get picked due to injuries, it was the other two nufties..

And you’ll find your three junior forwards aren’t 1st grade material at the moment..

Oh, and we signed Maranta as a back up AFTER losing the two juniors..

Come on man, you’re letting the side down..
The usual struggling response from poor old muzby.
As usual you fail to admit any fault on your's or the club's part.
Full well expect some limp humour and a bit of pedantry from you to round it all out.
For the record if we had of re signed 1 of the 2 juniors Maranta would never have got the opportunity to put further stain on our once great club and jersey.
You just find it impossible to admit recruitment and retention is absolute shit and I suspect such admissions are well above your pay grade.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
For the record if we had of re signed 1 of the 2 juniors Maranta would never have got the opportunity to put further stain on our once great club and jersey.
giphy.gif

Bravo old chap..

You’ve worked out how filling a squad is done..

You just find it impossible to admit recruitment and retention is absolute shit and I suspect such admissions are well above your pay grade.
Recruitment and retention are fine..

With the cattle we have, we should be top 4..

If we’d kept Sele we’d be top 2..

Old Timer

Coach
giphy.gif

Bravo old chap..

You’ve worked out how filling a squad is done..

Recruitment and retention are fine..

With the cattle we have, we should be top 4..

If we’d kept Sele we’d be top 2..
Typical effort by a poor struggling Illawarra faithful.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Mary can use all the excuse he wants especially about injury, but if you look at Manly, without the injured players. Saints is still stronger on paper and were made to look like trash. That game on Sunday was a clear indication at how bad a coach Mary is imo. If Parra and Manly make 8 at the expense of Saints then he really has failed miserably as he should have finished above those 2.

BLM01

First Grade
Mary can use all the excuse he wants especially about injury, but if you look at Manly, without the injured players. Saints is still stronger on paper and were made to look like trash. That game on Sunday was a clear indication at how bad a coach Mary is imo. If Parra and Manly make 8 at the expense of Saints then he really has failed miserably as he should have finished above those 2.
I think you are way of the mark about Dragons looked stronger on paper last weekend. Have a look at the sides again. Manly had a better forward pack, backs and bench. We had a better No 6 thats all and probably Frizzell beats Sironen. No 9's equal. The rest we were way behind.

I think you are way of the mark about Dragons looked stronger on paper last weekend. Have a look at the sides again. Manly had a better forward pack, backs and bench. We had a better No 6 thats all and probably Frizzell beats Sironen. No 9's equal. The rest we were way behind.
Even our number 6 was outplayed by their young 5/8.
We were up against it on Sunday from the get go.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

I’d suggest both Sims brothers, Hunt and Vaughan would also force their way into a Saints-Manly hybrid side.

Old Timer

Coach
The first 20 minutes suggested otherwise. Momentum turned after McInnes’s injury.
The loss of line speed after Mc Innes's injury was a telling factor and the turning of the tide.
TBH I always thought they would get us in the end due to significantly bigger, tougher forwards and more creativity in the backs but I was alarmed how quickly "the end" came and the actual level of capitulation from us.
It was truly embarrassing.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The loss of line speed after Mc Innes's injury was a telling factor and the turning of the tide.
TBH I always thought they would get us in the end due to significantly bigger, tougher forwards and more creativity in the backs but I was alarmed how quickly "the end" came and the actual level of capitulation from us.
It was truly embarrassing.

I’m actually alarmed I just composed a semi positive remark about McInnes.

Note to self: stop drinking.

The first 20 minutes suggested otherwise. Momentum turned after McInnes’s injury.
It has been well documented that McInnes" injury coincided with a change in the game's momentum.
No doubt it was a factor.
But to be candid, we were also doing well on the back of a 65% glut of possession.
1 minute after McInnes went off, Korasau also left the field never to return.
Robson replaced McInnes and Fainu replaced Korosau.
Robson proceeded to have a shocker and Fainu was unstoppable.
Conceded a try just before half time and went in down 8-10.
Whatever McGregor told them at half time and whatever tweaks he made for the second half, just didn't work.
That's where McGregor is masterful.
Second half fades.

BLM01

First Grade
I’d suggest both Sims brothers, Hunt and Vaughan would also force their way into a Saints-Manly hybrid side.
On paper no. AFB, Tapau & JT not ATM, maybe tariq over JT, Vaughan equal to their props at best now. DCE better than Hunt on paper.