What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Sea Eagles

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
For sure, remember the Easts match when he created a great chance from inside the Dragons half but Pereira stuffed up the play by not committing to run straight to the line with Rava in support.
Try time and maybe match.
Rava has a lot of footy smarts I say.
CC

I've baked Rava mostly this season but a stint in reserves may have helped him.

As others have mentioned, his bullet like passes and his improved attitude the other night will get him some more games. Well done to him, hope he keeps it up.

Crush

Coach
I've baked Rava mostly this season but a stint in reserves may have helped him.

As others have mentioned, his bullet like passes and his improved attitude the other night will get him some more games. Well done to him, hope he keeps it up.
Its easy to look good against the under 10Ds (current dogs team)
Lets see Rava throw some bullets and dive in the corner against an NRL team.

BLM01

First Grade
Its easy to look good against the under 10Ds (current dogs team)
Lets see Rava throw some bullets and dive in the corner against an NRL team.
Bit too negative there....even for you Crush
But I must say the media circus....I mean focus for a good winger nowadays is how good he looks in the act of scoring a try with the theatrics, the hairstyles and how many metres he can bustle in hit ups.

Crush

Coach
Bit too negative there....even for you Crush
But I must say the media circus....I mean focus for a good winger nowadays is how good he looks in the act of scoring a try with the theatrics, the hairstyles and how many metres he can bustle in hit ups.
Its positive signs that he had a good game but the forum fascinates me. 2 or 3 weeks ago people were saying worst winger ever, has to go. Now some of the same people saying we have found a winner!
I think he had a good game against a diabolically bad team. Its a different game when you can't score at will and things get tough.
I hope he improves and becomes an attacking weapon don't get me wrong but early days.

hazzbeen

Bench
Its positive signs that he had a good game but the forum fascinates me. 2 or 3 weeks ago people were saying worst winger ever, has to go. Now some of the same people saying we have found a winner!
I think he had a good game against a diabolically bad team. Its a different game when you can't score at will and things get tough.
I hope he improves and becomes an attacking weapon don't get me wrong but early days.
Crush I have been critical of Rav from day 1 , last game he did good , but we didn't play much .... Let's see how he does against the better teams , defensively he does struggle and IMO reacts to slow , but I am more than happy he proves me wrong ..... Time will tell ....

Crush

Coach
Crush I have been critical of Rav from day 1 , last game he did good , but we didn't play much .... Let's see how he does against the better teams , defensively he does struggle and IMO reacts to slow , but I am more than happy he proves me wrong ..... Time will tell ....
Mate I really hope he turns into a big attacking weapon, we need him to.
I believe in the Mark my words thread I stated he would be as much. Then I changed my mind after a month of rubbish performances.

hazzbeen

Bench
Mate I really hope he turns into a big attacking weapon, we need him to.
I believe in the Mark my words thread I stated he would be as much. Then I changed my mind after a month of rubbish performances.
Lets hope your first instincts about him are right mate .....

Frank Facer

First Grade
If I was selecting this week's team, this is what it would be

1 Dufty
2 Pereira
3 Rava
4 Lomax
5 Pearson
6 Hunt
7 Norman
13 Frizell
12 Sims
11 Host
10 Vaughan
9 McInnes
8 Leilua

14 Robson
15 Timm
16 K Sims
17 Lawrie

I see Lomax as our long term fullback, but we are weak in the centres, so Dufty fits into my top 13. Dufty also does have a combination with Lucky and combined well with Lomax last week.

I would take a gamble on playing Rava at centre. He is heart attack material under the high ball. He is a strong runner of the ball and could turn out to be a better centre than winger. Just put it this way. I would rather gamble on seeing how Rava goes, than continuing with Aitken. BTW I have to credit Rufus with the idea of playing Rava at centre.

It was a toss up out of who to start with out of Lucky and Korbin, but I went for Lucky, so he can get into the game from the get go. I think he has a future at prop or lock.

Host had his best game in first grade last week and I would be happy to continue with him. I have always believed that Frizell in better suited to the middle, so I am happy to play him lock.

I would bring Korbin on for Lucky after 25 minutes. I would then bring Lawrie and Timm on for Vaughan and Frizell after 30 minutes. Vaughan and Frizell would come back on at the 55 minute mark for Lawrie and Timm. Robson would replace McInnes with 20 to go and Lucky would come on for Korbin with 15 to go. That would leave one replacement up my sleeve.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

I agree that one performance doesn't make him 'great' but l wanted to give credit to him for a much improved performance. At the moment, He's a better option then Pereira who has gone backward this season. Pereira has the equillient of the golfing shanks at present. Too much jigging & bouncing around even before he gets the ball in hand. McGregor needs togive him some advice.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just going to echo one of the posters on JA, and it is a sobering thought.

We have scored a total of 223 point in 12 games, 76 of those or close enough to 1/3 of those against the Dogs only. We then average only 14.7 points a game from our other 10 games.
Further, we have had 265 points scored against us in 12 games at 22 points a game.

Whilst our win last Monday was good it certainly doesn't mean we have turned the corner, in fact we probably haven't even put the indicator on yet.

Crush

Coach
I agree that one performance doesn't make him 'great' but l wanted to give credit to him for a much improved performance. At the moment, He's a better option then Pereira who has gone backward this season. Pereira has the equillient of the golfing shanks at present. Too much jigging & bouncing around even before he gets the ball in hand. McGregor needs togive him some advice.
Pereria is an out and out reserve grader and always will be.

Paddles

Juniors
Pereria is an out and out reserve grader and always will be.
I love his story and effort, and he has improved heaps since he arrived.

But there was probably less need to lock him up for another year at the beginning of the season, then there was to lock Mary up for another two.

spot on

We have scored a total of 223 point in 12 games, 76 of those or close enough to 1/3 of those against the Dogs only. We then average only 14.7 points a game from our other 10 games.
Further, we have had 265 points scored against us in 12 games at 22 points a game.

Whilst our win last Monday was good it certainly doesn't mean we have turned the corner, in fact we probably haven't even put the indicator on yet.
Take out the Canterbury points scored against us and do the same exercise for points against.
It's worse than 22.
The Dogs scored 4 and 12 points respectively on the two occasions we played them.
Deduct that from 265 and you get 249.
That means that we conceded an average of 24.9 points in the other 10 games.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

This game against Manly at home, against Hasler should tell us where we are and what our season will resemble.

If we can win this ( we do have a better team on paper)..... we may go on a bit of a run to recoup some of those loses.

Latest posts