What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

betcats

Referee
Suppose it's a matter of seeing if those reserve grade players learned from last weeks outing. At least we will be a far stronger outfit this time around.

Besides Kenny our reserve graders did well. It was our spine that let us down. Kenny, May, Edwards and Burton, none of them played well. We had a ton of chances to score, we had the best of the field position for most of the game. May needs to play direct and engage the line and not just shovel the ball sideways every chance he gets, he was playing so far before the line last week it was not threatening anything and as a result the ball was just going side to side while the tigers had tackle practice, if may plays like that again we will lose for sure. Burton needs to step up and take more control and Edwards needs to not do anything completely dumb and give tries away.

Edit: The tigers loss was annoying becuase it was the more experienced guys who didnt step up, the young guys did their jobs most of the experienced guys did not.

The Realist

Juniors
Absolutely geniused not to let Luai play. Not much better that Capewell is not on the bench. Ivan is not taking this seriously.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Besides Kenny our reserve graders did well. It was our spine that let us down. Kenny, May, Edwards and Burton, none of them played well. We had a ton of chances to score, we had the best of the field position for most of the game. May needs to play direct and engage the line and not just shovel the ball sideways every chance he gets, he was playing so far before the line last week it was not threatening anything and as a result the ball was just going side to side while the tigers had tackle practice, if may plays like that again we will lose for sure. Burton needs to step up and take more control and Edwards needs to not do anything completely dumb and give tries away.

Edit: The tigers loss was annoying becuase it was the more experienced guys who didnt step up, the young guys did their jobs most of the experienced guys did not.
The spine sucked but the worst player on the field was Spencer

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
He should but since his poor game v Newcastle last year. He stayed in the 6 in the 3 games in the halves since.

Ivan in his presser said he wears a lot of the blame for the loss. Hopefully not playing Burton in Cleary's role is one.

Yeah I heard that, I hoping that is what it means also I am not sure what else he could've meant cause he didnt have much choice over the rest of the side with all the players we had missing.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah I heard that, I hoping that is what it means also I am not sure what else he could've meant cause he didnt have much choice over the rest of the side with all the players we had missing.

I have no issue with the 17 picked it was the best we could field given the circumstances but not having Burton play halfback was the biggest. With a young bench we should of played May at 13. Salmon 6. That would of left Spencer in his usual spot off the bench