What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 10th June 3pm @Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Someone on another website said today that they've heard Cody is out.

While that certainly doesn't sound promising, and my gut feeling says he probably won't play, it is just a rumor, so I'll wait until we hear official word, or we see the captain's run tomorrow. That will most likely confirm it. However, I must say, I don't feel good about it. Been my gut feeling since yesterday that he won't play.

If Cody isn't there, I think Hawkins will come into 5/8 in a straight swap. I'd prefer Teaupa, but that probably won't happen because he wasn't initially named in the squad on Tuesday and it's unlikely we'd get an exemption for Dion because Hawkins was named.

Jeez it'd be a real blow to go into this one without him on top of who we're already missing but we'll see what happens. If he's not 100%, it's the right call to rest him.

callmack1

Staff member
Opportunities a plenty for new look Rabbitohs: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/opportunities-a-plenty-for-new-look-rabbitohs

Aghhhhhh man, Cody is a huge blow. Massive! Especially on top of who we already have out, we really needed him there. Happy for Hawkins to replace him though, and I'll back him all the way. What's done is done, I'm gutted Cody isn't going to play, and it makes me extremely nervous for this one as we're missing most of our absolute superstars, but we cannot dwell on it. We must move on and get on with the job. It's got a lot tougher, but I'll back the boys, they can still do this!!

JD in a very, very jovial mood in his pre-game day presser today so I hope that's a good sign. He doesn't seem to be concerned at all.

Gallery - Captain's Run Round 15 vs Dragons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/gallery-captains-run-round-15-vs-dragons

Great to see that Cooky is now captain. A very special moment in his career.

callmack1

Staff member
Get up, get moving, rise and shine, put your colours on and wear them with pride all you South Sydney members and fans because another game day is upon us today. We take on one of our old rivals today for the first time this year, the St George Illawarra Dragons, out there at Kograh. One of our biggest, most traditional, most historic rivalries this one, a rivalry that stretches back just over 100 years to the days of the St George Dragons. In that time, there's been countless classics including Charity Shields, finals games, grand finals; You name it, this rivalry has had it. We are going to write a new chapter on this glorious Saturday afternoon. What will it bring this time? Who knows?

Jeez I've woken up fired up today!! Extremely pumped for this one, I'm just burning. Want this win so friggin bad! My blood is boiling for it! That's probably because a few weeks ago, we were all looking at this as an easy win, but with recent injury events, that certainly is not the case now. That's what's got me so fired up I think. We might be playing the team running 17th, but it's a genuine contest for us now, a genuine challenge that is not going to be easy to overcome. For that reason, I'm also extremely nervous already today and I'm sure those nerves will build as the day goes on.

It's been a very indifferent year for the Dragons so far in 2023. They've looked beyond terrible at times which lead to the sacking of their coach. However, since then, they've actually started to look a lot better to the point where I'd almost say they're actually in some good form and they're playing some good Footy. That's what really worries me today. They've found form, good form, right at the exact same time that we've been decimated by injury. This is not going to be easy today at all for our lads, the Dragons will see this as a huge opportunity to get one over us, they'll smell blood and will be extremely determined to get it done. We have seen the kind of performances they've been putting on in recent weeks and I expect them to be even better this afternoon. Make no mistake, this is now a very tough game. They're not the greatest team defensively, but I think they're pretty decent with the ball in hand and with outside backs such as Sloan, Lomax, Suli etc. you can see why. Throw in a great halves pairing led by Ben Hunt (who is probably their key man to shut down, he does everything), and a really good forward pack with the likes of Lawrie, Su'A and the Molo brothers, you can see there's plenty of strike there and I think their roster is much better than what their ladder position suggests.

For us, as I said earlier this has gone from probably an easy win to a huge, huge contest. Our chips our down, our backs are against the wall, and it seems a lot of stuff is against us, but you know what? We are South Sydney. We are the mighty friggin Rabbitohs!! This is the kind of environment we should thrive in and draw inspiration from. And that's what the boys have to do today. It's all about how we respond. Yea, we're missing a lot of firepower, but this afternoon is not about who we're missing, it's about who's there wearing that Red and Green jersey with pride and passion. The next man up mentality has been very strong this year and it has to be at its strongest today if we are to get this result. Today is all about the mental side of things. If we go out there, switched on, fired up and ready to play, well then, I think we're in with a real chance. Get in between the ears right, get our game right, play that Rabbitohs Footy and we will be well and truly in this. It all starts with the defence. That second half last week is our standard, the standard we set in the first 11 weeks and that has to continue today. We're missing some attacking weapons so the defence is crucial, extremely crucial. Defend like your lives are on the line lads. If we can get that right, it will go a long way. We also can't be gifting them opportunities. This means being disciplined on both sides of the ball. We have to be near perfect but if we can do that, we still have enough firepower to get this game done. We still have captain Cook, we still have Stretch, we still have Tassy and AJ, we still have Lachy, we still have a very good forward pack with the likes of Sele, Junior, Keaon in it. We can bloody well do this man!! I'm telling ya we can!

It's a big game for our senior players in particular today. We really need big games out of Cooky, Stretch and guys like Keaon, Hame and Junior. It's also a huge moment for Lachy. For probably the first time in his career, this becomes 'his' team. I am expecting him to lead from the front today and I will back him in. I think the key to winning this one is the forward battle. If we can get over them there, which we still have the pack to do so, it will make things easier. That's crucial today, as is shutting down Ben Hunt as he's their main general.

So let's go. Let's freaking goooooo today!!! We can do this! I've got to say, I am very nervous but I just have this faith in the boys for this one that we can get this done. Stand up and be counted boys! Go and friggin get them. Let's gooooooo!!!!

Enjoy your game day everyone!

Glory, Glory.

This Year?

Immortal
The difference is like day and night between the fans of each club.
Good luck today and no matter what the result of the game, I hope there's no injuries.

Rabbits20

Immortal

It is that time of week again Game Day this Saturday as we take on the Dragons at Kogarah. We have a long rivalry stretching back over some classic contests against these guys with many classic encounters so it’s a fierce and traditional rivalry. I’m sure today will be no different. The Dragons are coming last but they’ve been in many tight games and actually haven’t been playing too badly. They will be hungry today to get the win and get off the bottom of the table. I think we have won 9 of the last 10 against them so they will be desperate to turn the tables. For us we don’t wanna lose today it’d be 3 of the last 4 games lost. It’s important we win going into our bye. With all the guys we have out it’s gonna be so tough we will have to find that defensive resolve again to have a chance.

Looking at the Dragons they are without JDB and Bird but they still have some solid forwards in the middle and of course Ben Hunt who will be looking for a big one today. They have some lace out wide too so we can’t afford to give them space. A key thing for us will be stopping the offloads we can’t let that happen otherwise it’ll be danger. For us it’s a massive challenge with who we have out our 5 big names all out but it brings up opportunities for others to step up next man mentality. We will need our forwards to match them in the middle need big games from Tatola, Sele, Keaon, Shaq, DSF etc…… Damien captaining us today what a proud moment for him that he will never forget I’m sure he will be in for a big game playing for an origin spot as well. Lachy needs to step up today as well and Ta’affe plus it’s a good opportunity for Hawko as well. Really though we must have better defence we have been leaking too many points we need to tighten it up, get our line speed going get our kick chase on. Make sure our discipline improves etc……. do that and we will be in the game but we will have to dig deep!

COME 2:58PM THIS ARVO EVERYONE ON YA FEET LETS GET THE BOYS HOME SHOUT AND CHANT YOUR LUNGS OUT AND WEAR THE COLOURS PROUDLY!!!

GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

Travitoh

First Grade
Duncan playing in the reggies. That’s disappointing

I don't mind it to be honest. It's going to be a tough fixture with the outs that we have. Let Duncan play reserves while the more experienced depth players that we have deal with a difficult afternoon.

Hellray

Juniors
Chee Kam now starting at lock. Maybe Koala actually plays in the middle and MCK out wide as usual.

Ilias needs to be careful and needs a big game today, because from past viewings Hawkins big strength is his kicking game a great game with the boot on 5th tackles and attacking kicks will put a lot of pressure on young Lachy