What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 16th June 7:50pm @WIN Stadium

Nafedogg

Juniors
I’m glad we got this game over with so I can get on with my weekend haha. I’m past the point of getting angry with these games, it used to ruin me for a weekend losing like this. Boys need a good hard look at themselves after that one, where to from here? Who knows. I do think it’s possibly time to experiment, Lachie and Taaffe in the halves, Cody can sit on the sidelines (how poor were his lazyyyy dummy half passes in the 2nd half??) maybe throw Mamouzelos into the mix aswell. Unless getting Latrell back somehow creates some kind of miracle, I just think what we are doing at the moment isn’t working.

handyman2190

Bench
Hooking Ilias could be a big statement. Is the club admitting it got it wrong. Is The coach making a personal statement to Lachie? Is he getting a bit too big for his boots around the club? We won’t know. But if the decision was made on performance alone, then it seems like he was the easiest one to hook because he’s young. Sure he made errors - dropped the kick off, put in an ineffective kick for a 7 tackle set, and slipped off several tackles, but I also saw Murray, Burgess, Johnstone, Paulo, et al all get stood up badly last night too.

the team found some resilience last year after the big floggings. It’s lost that. Opposition are making easy metres in yardage and they’ve gone back to having no backbone defending the cage. It’s not through lack of ability either. It’s attitude.
Listen to the press conference, ilias has played 14 first grade games and hardly any in the last 2 years, we have thrown him off the cliff, nickorema who is an experienced first grader was bought to give ilias a break , just like last year the roosters rested walker quite a few times and so far we havent, this is on the club not ilias, he virtually is getting no support on the field from cody, murray dosent talk and whilst our best, shouldnt be capt yet.
Koala needs some 2nd grade he is not putting in, milne is a reserve grader, paulo has a problem in defence, we need to recruit from outside.

assess5

Juniors
What ever the question - nickorema aint the answer - just ask the last three clubs he played for. mI know who should have been hooked last night and it wasn't Ilias, look no further than that moron Demetrio (?). He has gotta go.

handyman2190

Bench
What ever the question - nickorema aint the answer - just ask the last three clubs he played for. mI know who should have been hooked last night and it wasn't Ilias, look no further than that moron Demetrio (?). He has gotta go.
JD dosent do the tackling i think its unfair to lay it all on him

Nafedogg

Juniors
Yep coach can’t take all the blame. He’s not out there being lazy, missing tackles, poor errors. This crap is all on the players who earn good money doing this.I’m sure I would have a job if I performed like that every week.

truthslayer

Juniors
I am still disgusted at that pathetic display, questions must be asked and answered.
1. Who out of the game should warrant selection for next round!
Nikorima -what a wasted buy this was, who on earth had a roll in this should be sacked
Johnston- What a terrible defensive game, you let yourself down big time
Paulo- I have defended him but no more, too scared to put his body on the line, woeful , stop looking at himself in the mirror must be dropped for Izaak Thompson.

Milne- way too many errors for a first grader, terrible probably will retain his spot because we have no fxxxxg one else.
Graham - a nightmare of a game, defence terrible, he will learn usually safe
Cody- needs to go back to reserves, he has been terrible most of the year, cannot organise a chook raffle.
Ilias- not great but , should of been kept on , management backed him
Murray- cant play for the whole team , needs to be on field at vital times after all he is captain. Coach is terrible with bench and subs.

Arrow - not bad but not great either
Sele- pass
havili- pass

Burgess- would not of hurt a pussycat
Tatola - didn’t know he played

Nicholls- pick of the forwards
Taafe- not a fullback in the half’s at best
Koolamatangi- needs to get the determination he showed early in his starts.

Coach has had 14 weeks to get rid of the stupid play and errors. This is on him thats why he’s coach , cannot manage bench and needs to make some hard calls

I am still pissed at that effort .

handyman2190

Bench
I dont know if many noticed, the best forward was nichols, nichols released for next year, i dont know whos making these recruiting decisions,whoever it is should be sacked

Rabbits20

Immortal
That first half I’m utterly appalled with we have major attitude issues no desire no heart no will to fight and show resilience.

assess5

Juniors
Yep coach can’t take all the blame. He’s not out there being lazy, missing tackles, poor errors. This crap is all on the players who earn good money doing this.I’m sure I would have a job if I performed like that every week.
I just look at the improvement this side has achieved since Demetrie took over the rains.
How long had he coached at Souths before Bennett left and Demetrie took over. It nort as is he don't know the personnel or something.

Who was instrumental in signing Nicorema - the guy has never looked comfortable at Souths and last night he was totally LOST, had no idea, got penalized for running behind his team mate - what are his strengths, what can he do, or is he another Jackson Paulo (another blinder), you all know my opinion on this guy - last time I got called a 'dribbler' by some mutt!!! I'm still laughing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Can’t believe JD didn’t talk to to Lachy at full time that’s poor and Cody who said in the after game interview dropping the kick off to start with put us under immense pressure is a poor attitude.

It was only Damien that went up to check on Lachy, that’s leadership!

Juniors
It should have been Walker that got hooked. 3 attacking passes went to ground he has given away a penalty and a 6 again. He is killing us
Weaker should be hooked.
Plays like a dog and spit his dummy to many times.

assess5

Juniors
How can Demetrio hook Ilias and let an incompetent like Paulo f#@K up week after week, game after game.
Ilais is not gonna learn on the sideline and there appears to be absolutely zero Nacirema can teach him.
Like it or not Souths management have made a decision to go with Ilias so they have to have the courage of their convictions and stick with him, none of this hooking him.

Latest posts