What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 thread (Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium)

Caged Panther

First Grade
one word...disgraceful

Next Week

1. Sammutt
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Lewis
5. Daniella
6. Williams
7. Firman
8. Grant
9. Gower
10. Grant
11. Moors
12. ???
13. Smith
14. Pritchard
15. Priddis
16. Clinton
17. Rondey (when the f**k is he back)

jayjayselmes

Juniors
im a parra fan and the ex eel wade Mckinnon destroyed you guys.

With all the sh*t during the week with Peter wallace your guys were flogged by 50. sh*t what a great idea to drop wallace

hahahahahahah Matt Elliot is a total drop kick, his plan has totally blown up in his face! What a wanker

Dave Q

Coach
Every side is entitled to a bad night.

The warriors are reknown for having the occasional absolute blinder, where they surprise themselves more than anyone else.

Points wll gather again for the Penrith Panthers.

Lets not forget that only a few weeks ago they climbed that impossible mountain and smashed the comp leaders.

griffo346

First Grade
Im glad u have alot of faith in us dave :( unfornatually i dont this is verry disopointing.
Im upset at a few things

1:Matt Elliott - shouldnt of taken a thin bench to the game where NZ smash u in the forwards.
2: I have been a long time supporter of Gowie but i belive its time to have a rest or move him in the team as caged panther said in his post he has Gowie in at hooker.

my team would be

Next Week

1. Wesser
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Lewis
5. Daniella
6. Williams
7. Firman
8. Grant
9. Gower
10. Clinton
11. Moors
12. Pritchard
13. Smith
14. Obernie
15. Priddis
16. Brendan HLAD
17. Rondey (when the f**k is he back)/T.Puletua/F.Puletua

Whatever happens i hope we get a win i remember last time we got wooden spoon the coach was sacked if we get that will Matty E get the sack in his first year if so whos out there to replace him.

Stuart Raper,Shaun Mcrae?

only 2 ring a bell

But IMO honestly we prolly need a shake up in the managment side of things look at how Souths are going with Rusty and Phac big name players want to go there. for some reason we hear roumers of players coming they just dont end up coming.

Then we hear constant roumers that Gowie wants out (this i wont belive till he says it publically)

smitty

Juniors
hey at least Gowie finally broke the drought and kicked not one but two penalty kicks that didnt find touch

its been a while Gowie
good to have you back

that was a really disgusting effort that game
but there is still a tiny part of me that thinks when we are trailing by 20+ with 20 to go "we can do it". only to be crushed by a run of stupid penalties or some other such crap

:(

Nevcost

Juniors
I heard one of you guys saying that Blair can't kick and so from what I guess you put too much pressure on Gower being the only kicker in general play. Get Williams and Wallace or maybe even Firman in and you should do alright.

Bay56

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Rack orf dipstick toolie.

Do you think the Panthers should make Wallace captain or something?

They are perfectly entitled to try some changes against quality opposition.

That bikie fugitive should have made a bee-line to Parramatta Stadium, so many people go missing there- he could have lived the rest of his life in relative comfort.

Or he could have worn the invisible cloak that is the eels jersey and walked the streets without detection.

Every day I thank the rugby league powers that my local area is in Panther and not Eels territory.

Dude dont get so defensive ...

you would be well advised to do something constructive and attempt to rid your club of Elliott.

We had him for six friggin years and I knew after half a season that he was not going to deliver the goods.

He is a one dimensional coach .. goes into a game with plan A, which usually doesnt work, and has no back-up plans when it doesnt.

There is nothing wrong with your playing roster (as there was nothing wrong with ours).

Dave Q

Coach
Bay56 said:
Dude dont get so defensive ...

you would be well advised to do something constructive and attempt ot rid your club of Elliott.

We had him for six friggin years and I knew after half a season that he was not going to deliver the goods.

He is a one dimensional coach .. goes into a game with plan A, which usually doesnt work, and has no back-up plans when it doesnt.

There is nothing wrong with your playing roster (as there was nothing wrong with ours).

As my sig suggests, my club is coached by JT. I am a rabbitoh club member.

But I'm not going to sit here and watch my local club ( the Panthers ) get beat up by bad sportsmenship.

They had a nasty loss and one would think that would be enuff.

I will stand with them in their hour of need. I will not abandon them.

They are a great club with plenty of magic about them. Their people are their best assett.

Cheers anyway mate.

Bay56

First Grade
I take your point mate but many at the Raiders had blind faith in Elliott .. to the detriment of performance on the field.

Elliott had it easy with the media while he was at the Raiders ... they all thought he was doing exceptionally well with a poor roster which was BS to say the least.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Maybe my problem with alot of the Canberra fans who come in here and want to bash elliott thought is they blame all of penrith problems of him. Problem is if you look at our past few seasons the problems we have now are just a continuation of ones we've had in the past

Elliott might not be fixing them but he sure as hell isn't the cause of them.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Every side is entitled to a bad night.

The warriors are reknown for having the occasional absolute blinder, where they surprise themselves more than anyone else.

Points wll gather again for the Penrith Panthers.

Lets not forget that only a few weeks ago they climbed that impossible mountain and smashed the comp leaders.

That is not true, there are alot of Warriors fans, including me who have known for a long time what the Warrios were capable of. It's morons like you who parade around and accuse us that don't really see what our team is like.
Don't not forget, you guys nearly won in round through stupid officiating decisions and it was our talents that got us through and won it for us

choc_soldier

Coach
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Don't not forget, you guys nearly won in round through stupid officiating decisions and it was our talents that got us through and won it for us

What round are you talking about? :-k

mightypanther

Juniors
Caged Panther said:
Maybe my problem with alot of the Canberra fans who come in here and want to bash elliott thought is they blame all of penrith problems of him. Problem is if you look at our past few seasons the problems we have now are just a continuation of ones we've had in the past

Elliott might not be fixing them but he sure as hell isn't the cause of them.

Exactly. Well said.

*Sandy*

First Grade
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
That is not true, there are alot of Warriors fans, including me who have known for a long time what the Warrios were capable of. It's morons like you who parade around and accuse us that don't really see what our team is like.

Congrats to your team b_r_f82. They were awesome. Some of their best football I've seen them play lately.

Regarding Penrith, personally our forwards forgot to turn up .... again! What is wrong with them?

I thought Jennings had a good game. Lewis and Gordon tried hard all night too. We've got the backs performing we just need our Forwards to work for us. They didnt and they let the Warriors have too much space. Warriors + Space = Destruction.

Tough game for Blair to go into. Poor kid, I felt for him. Keith Peters went alright too.