What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 thread (Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium)

EzyG

Juniors
Whoa!
some mighty changes
don't know what I think yet, except the players will be out to impress this week.
looking 4wd to the game & some Positive results for us.
Aiton for a big game, This is telling him he is a future as hooker at Penrith, hope he isn't off contract anytime soon.

Go Panthers!!!

panthersballboy

Juniors
Interesting looking team. With Priddo out it's Aiton's chance to really step up and I expect a big game from him. I think that team can beat the warriors with all players stepping up with Elliot showing them that no one is safe. I'm optomistic again (why do I do it to myself).

Who do you think will drop off the bench though? I'd say Daniela or Peters. Probably Peters.

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope our bench ends up being:
Grant, Pritchard, Williams and Rodney.

We don't need an interchange hooker IMO. If Rodney is not an option:
Grant, Pritchard, Daniella, Williams

Williams can come in and allow Gower to shift to hooker if Aiton needs a break. Although my bet is like Priddis, he would much rather play the entire 80minutes.

Fibroman

First Grade
I have watched quite a few PL games this year, and Blair has been the stand out in the backline for mine, even in front of Daniella, so I'm not disappointed at all to see him get a shot at it.

Good to see Aiton starting, once again, I think he has been great this year, and clearly more impressive than Priddis.

Grant back to the bench and F. Puletua into the starting lineup is neither here nor there. They will probably share the same amount of gametime.

Like Mxlegend said, Pritchard is better off the bench as he has more impact and Moors has lifted a gear this year and should be rewarded to boost his confidence even further.

Wallace has definately improved this year but at this stage of the season and with his move to Brissie next year, I have no problems with him dropping back to PL.

Just on the subject of PL..........I wouldn't be surprised to see us win PL and Flegg this year. We have some quality young players in the lower grades, and adding the likes of Wallace and Priddis to those sides may not be such a bad thing.

Pueatua usually fires up when he faces the Warriors but ill pick my boys by 10

gower to have a mare but make up for it on the piss in Auckland after the game

mxlegend99

Referee
panthersballboy said:
mx, you think Rodney may be the missing # 16?
I think it's a good chance.

Premier League didn't name a number 14. First grade didn't name a number 16. Shane Rodney is healthy, but not named at all. Good chance he could take either jersey depending how Elliott feels he does in training :D

Caged Panther said:
:lol: Wallace has been named at centre in premier league :lol: I find it hilarious :lol:
Same. It's pretty harsh, but i guess we have invested a lot of time in him, and stood by him, for him to leave us for the first club who threw money at him.

I just wish Firman had gotten a run.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
ozbash said:
:roll: what would you know ?
dont even know which team you shout for.... :lol:

warriors by plenty.

Craig Gower to kick Ozbash and his body guard, JBro, when he finds them!!!

choc_soldier

Coach
It's a bold change dropping Wallace for Blair - hopefully the gamble pays off.

I'm one who also believes the #16 is one S. Rodney.

*Sandy*

First Grade
It's looking good. Nods my head in approval at Elliott doing the right thing with Wallace. Will pray that Elliott has found the answer.

P.S. Good luck to us all along the coast tonight.

The Teach

Juniors
Leaving #16 free doesn't make a lot of sense in this day and age. They could just name a normal bench of 14, 15, 16, 17 and maybe 18, then call another player in as number 19 anyway. I personally believe it will be Rods after talking to him in the shops last week and him telling me he'd be back this week if he didn't play last weekend.

Panthers_God

Juniors
I hope Richie Williams gets a run this week.

I mean he may have only been with us for a few days but it's not like he is going to pick up much more of the "structure" over the next week.

Give him a chance, even off the bench, see how he goes. We've got nothing to lose.

Lol run out of jerseys funny stuff.

Hmmm i doubt rod will be back this week so who knows.

Good riddance to wally good luck to blair though im surprised blair got the nod over williams.

Priddo???? is he injured or having a break or what???

Either way panthers by a real large margin.

Fibroman

First Grade
I'm glad Blair is getting a shot in the top grade. He has been great in PL this year. I also like the fact that Aiton has been given a start in the #9. I like the way he plays. Similar to Craig Wing in attack and is a great defender to boot.

Latest posts