What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

St Tangles

Bench
We can talk about Feagais, Sloan, Tuipolutu, Liddle, Eisenhuth, Lawrie etc til the cows come home but until we sign some talent with all the money we have to spare we will just be forever be talking about a team that's not really competitive.

SIGN SOME PLAYERS DRAGONS!!
This x 1000
We are losing our 2 best players and haven't signed anyone and won't get anyone that other clubs want to keep

This x 1000
We are losing our 2 best players and haven't signed anyone and won't get anyone that other clubs want to keep
It's just beyond ridiculous at this point.

Im not having a go at specific people but for the club not to pull its find out and make these signings is absolutely setting us back years on top the disgrace we have seen for years which was well and truly on display today.

How much longer are we expected to wait. We were told there will be changes and, as you say, we are effectively worse off at this point with Lomax off to Eels.

possm

Coach
Felt we were lazy overall today. Most likely with minds on the bye and for those who will be off to Origin camp, just trying to get through the match.

Can't say too much more, other than that's 7 & 7 with a lot of work still to do, both individual and as a combined effort, if we have ambitions of finishing the regular season in the eight.
To me, this game showed me how much we need a marque fullback for 2025. I don't know why we signed Sloan, probably on good money, long term. Today he showed he is not a first-grade fullback or winger.

Sloan was not the only player to play poorly. Hunt also had a very average game, Leilue was poor and so was the refereeing.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Can someone please explain to me logically what was the benefit in Hunts crap kicking game in the second half.....they were down on troops we wernt, we rarely got anywhere near the ball when they landed (that was those that didn't give them 7 tackle sets) and our defensive efforts were piss poor letting them march back up field.....surely one would think that that play wasn't working so why did he persist with it....dare I say it but DCE were pinpoint effective in that his troops were there as soon as they landed and their defence was spot on.....theres times when Hunts organising or lack of it on the field leaves me speecless

Illusion

Bench
Can someone please explain to me logically what was the benefit in Hunts crap kicking game in the second half.....they were down on troops we wernt, we rarely got anywhere near the ball when they landed (that was those that didn't give them 7 tackle sets) and our defensive efforts were piss poor letting them march back up field.....surely one would think that that play wasn't working so why did he persist with it....dare I say it but DCE were pinpoint effective in that his troops were there as soon as they landed and their defence was spot on.....theres times when Hunts organising or lack of it on the field leaves me speecless
Big big problem, is and has been for years .......

TruSaint

Referee
They had DCE today.
We had Hunt.
A couple of quality signings plus another off season working on our defence and we will compete on a more consistent basis.

It really is as you say.

Ben can be a great player, but he no game manager. The win was there for the taking. It was against a depleted Manly side coach by a fricken reject. They ran harder, and DCE put on a show of leadership.

Compare his kicking game to Hunts'. Chalk and cheese.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We had everything to play for today....our position on the table and a message to the other teams in the 8 that we were getting it together in 2024....and tbh except for our usual dumb plays in the first half we looked up for it.....but then 5 mins after the half time sheds we were gone....now whether we saw their mounting injury toll and thought it's going to be an easier 2nd half or what I don't know....what I do know is that Cherry Evans rallied his troops and unfortunately Hunt didn't.....yes we had some piss poor efforts by others in our side that was obvious for all to see but for mine if we had swapped skippers at half time we win end of story.....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It really is as you say.

Ben can be a great player, but he no game manager. The win was there for the taking. It was against a depleted Manly side coach by a fricken reject. They ran harder, and DCE put on a show of leadership.

Compare his kicking game to Hunts'. Chalk and cheese.
Couldn't sum it up better myself Bud....read my last comment....I had just sent mine when I read yours

Dragon David

First Grade
I thought we played well in patches but our lazy defenders got exposed and they scored as a result. Poor last tackle options. We seemed to shut up shop in the second half with ball.
DCE showed why he is the number 2 halfback in the comp. Reads the game like a coach.
DCE has a very good football brain and good brain in general. He is a smart footy player. Always thinking on the run and can get his team up when needed, well in this game anyway.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Couple of days ago I posted here that we will lose against manly. Manly at their Turf are very hard to beat. As per my post, if we win all our home games except for Penrith one from here and also the Parra away game, we end up with 32 points which should see us tying for 8th position. To get into 8 we have to fix our for and against. That is on average we should not lose by more than 2 tries and on average we should win by 3 tries. Todays loss by 16 points was slightly bad. Anyway let keep our hopes up.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I thought we played well in patches but our lazy defenders got exposed and they scored as a result. Poor last tackle options. We seemed to shut up shop in the second half with ball.
DCE showed why he is the number 2 halfback in the comp. Reads the game like a coach.
You mean number 2 half to Cleary....thought for a minute you mean Hunt was no 1......lol

Old Timer

Coach
No disrespect to Liddell or Cook, both good players in their peak but we should be more concerned about getting an actual star hooker otherwise Cook is just a repeat. Cook, Brown, Mulheisen, and Liddle and not a match winner between them. We have a real sickness at our club.
The sickness is Hunt and his inability to lead us to victory when it is there for the taking against quality opposition.

D C E light years in front and was masterful in changing their tactics to suit each situation as it arose.

If D C E and Hunt swapped teams today we win by a country mile.

Liddle is more than adequate at hooker compared to almost every other hooker in the comp but Hunt is well short of all the top half backs running around.