What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Honestly which of the remaining games are any chance of winning, Dolphins(H),Roosters (A),Broncos (A),Panthers (H),Storm (A),Bullgrubs(H),Titans (H),Sharks (H)Eels (A),Raiders (H).
of these we pay 7 of the current top 8 and Broncos currently 9th I cant see winning any of those games then there is Eels away doubtful, the only possible win is Titans at Home but that is after potentially another 6 losses in a row the moral will be way down.
We have 6 home games
Except for Panfers and Storm the rest we play have been hot and cold all season
Injuries will play a part
Agree they probably all have better rosters but the beauty of sport is the vagaries that cause upsets
From where we’ve come from making the 8 was probably always out of our reach first year and if we do well that would be a dramatic reversal of fortune
Remember no certainties in sport
Leicester won the premier league @5000/1
We are only 100/1

Harry Bath

Juniors
If, in the post after this one, you suggest we will struggle to win 9 of the remaining 10 games, what difference would beating Manly have made?
Would have probably provided some evidence that the team had turned the corner and would be competitive in some games and snag a surprise win against the likes of Dolphins, Bullgrubs, Eels and Raiders however whenever the blow torch is applied this team falls away, Bullgrubs, Raiders and Dolphins are all in the mix for the 8, I cant see dragons matching them now after the manly game.

True_Believer

Juniors
Would have probably provided some evidence that the team had turned the corner and would be competitive in some games and snag a surprise win against the likes of Dolphins, Bullgrubs, Eels and Raiders however whenever the blow torch is applied this team falls away, Bullgrubs, Raiders and Dolphins are all in the mix for the 8, I cant see dragons matching them now after the manly game.
Yeah I disagree. Did you expect them to beat the Panthers a couple of weeks before? Blow torch was applied in the first half and we came back. Did you expect us to beat the Warriors who were playing well at the time we beat them? Did you expect us to beat Manly earlier in the season? Did you expect us to put almost 60 on the tigers - where again the blow torch was applied in the first half. Did you expect us to be 7/7 at this time of the year?

Raiders and Bulldogs are on the same points as us - it's just the for and against that separates the 3 teams. Have you watched the Raiders playing recently? They are playing very poorly. We're also 1 game behind the Dolphins. Given that, we are in the mix for the 8 just as much as any team at the moment.

I appreciate the frustration with the team over a long period of time, but I think a little perspective is needed. We aren't playing consistently bad footy, we're playing inconsistently good footy. I think we've turned a corner and are playing a hell of a lot better than previous years. We've just got to build consistency.

Latest posts